IAC counts at zero...

REGALTURBO

I Am The Master..Master..
Hi guys, any suggestions, Replaced the IAC valve with a new one. Trying to adjust for the target 20-25 counts. In park at idle they are zero. Making adjustments on the adjustment screw only increases or decreases idle. Does nothing to the IAC counts.

Hi guys, any suggestions, Replaced the IAC valve with a new one. Trying to adjust for the target 20-25 counts. In park at idle they are zero. Making adjustments on the adjustment screw only increases or decreases idle. Does nothing to the IAC counts.

Adjusting the screw in a CCW direction will decrease your idle rpm (for a few seconds). Then the IAC should attempt to bring the rpm back up to normal by increasing the IAC counts. After making a few small adjustments to the IAC screw, you will of course have to reset the TPS idle value. Back and forth.

did ya buy it at Advance or AutoZone?... there is a small piece of paper that comes with it to set the initial adjustment on the IAC.. you have to measure from tip of pintle to base, cant be over inch and 8th if it is you have to pull the spring back and turn in the pintle, reset spring.. if it dont work after dinking with your IAC all day then look for leaks

Got an AC Delco unit. Didn`t see any instructions. Just looking at my scan master after making an adjustment and don`t see any changes.

Not yet...thought you needed to readjust tps after your iac counts are set. I will double check those also. Set TPS while car is running or off with key on?

Shut off the car after adjustments. That should give you some different readings. TPS is going to move with every adjustment as the guys have said.

Shut off the car after adjustments. That should give you some different readings. TPS is going to move with every adjustment as the guys have said.

yup like a chinese fire drill, every time you even look at your IAC screw you have to... Engine off/Key on/SM on TPS/ walk around and adjust your TPS...

Best to have SM on dash pointing at engine bay

Played around with it most of the morning. Finally got the IAC counts to move after alot of adjustment. Reset the TPS a bunch of times. Going back and forth with both IAC and TPS. Finally got the IAC counts between 22-25 at idle in park. TPS at .46 at idle in park. Kinda surprised how much movement was necessary to get TPS readings.

loosen up your tps.. pull it towards front of car as starting point, tap it down, up er however to bring the TPS numbers down to about .42 to .44

.46 is max

loosen up your tps.. pull it towards front of car as starting point, tap it down, up er however to bring the TPS numbers down to about .42 to .44

.46 is max

Correct.

Understand to increase IAC you need to close the TB. And vice-versa to decrease you need to open the blade.

And if the adjustment was far off. You may need to reset the TV cable.

Ya curious about the above and .....

Generally a zero in the IAC means you have a vacuum leak, I'd do some type of vacuum leak test to ensure it's not attributing to your initial readings of zero.