i want the old forum back

Everyone needs to quit their whining. Why is everyone so afraid of change. It's hilarious. I deal with this every day at work because I am 33 and I supervise guys who are in their 40's and 50's. All they do is whine when we want to make something better. They don't consider it better because it's something new they have to figure out. I recently had a guy at me bitching because I purchased shelving to organize all of our spare equipment. I guess all the stuff sitting in cardboard boxes all over the floor was ok.:rolleyes: Hell, I still got guys who don't know or want to know how to use their email! Quit whining and get with the times people. I like it, and I don't find it hard to navigate at all, so LEARN!

So the old site was cardboard boxes on the floor? At least I knew where the stuff I wanted was. But don't worry, you won't be 33 forever, haha!

How much do you know about vbulletin? If you want to take over administrating this site then have at it. All the **** you're bitching about? Guess what? None of it is OUT OF THE BOX.. I added every single piece youre complaining about and guess what? I can add it here too.

We spent a fortune doing this upgrade for a bunch of ungrateful, whiny bitches. Head over to turbobuicks with the other 10 people that post over there and dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
dont know anything about running a board, what I do know is that this type of format (also used by truckingboards) jams up my computer & likes to skip (when you scroll down it doesnt happen right away & then wants to scroll the whole page) I usually have to clear all my browser history to get my computer to run right after using this site now. trying not to be whinning just trying to give feedback.

So the old site was cardboard boxes on the floor? At least I knew where the stuff I wanted was. But don't worry, you won't be 33 forever, haha!

Well unfortunate for you the colors weren't the only thing that changed. LOL It will take some playing with to actually realize it's something better.:biggrin: Kinda like going from a basic cell phone to a smart phone.:p

Oh, and the boxes aren't on the floor any more where you were used to finding stuff, so your gonna have to start looking on the shelves. :) You're a Buick guy, you'll figure it out.

What's up with all the space after each post?? Fingers get tire of scrolling to eternity on each page :)

dont know anything about running a board, what I do know is that this type of format (also used by truckingboards) jams up my computer & likes to skip (when you scroll down it doesnt happen right away & then wants to scroll the whole page) I usually have to clear all my browser history to get my computer to run right after using this site now. trying not to be whinning just trying to give feedback.

You have computer issues that need to be addressed - it isn't the software.

The only complaint is the font is a little small for us old guys[/QUOTE

Hit the "Ctrl" and "+" buttons together to enlarge the page. I do it all the time for most web pages.
the problem with doing that is it goes from being too small to too large. we need something in-between. im sure over the next couple of weeks all these issues will be ironed out. I just wish the old colors could be implimented.

Maybe everyone is replying to what you asked for:mad:

So I am asking for all your ideas, bring them on. We will need to pick a new header, color scheme, front page layout, forum layout, like I said we can basically start from scratch.

So lets hear the ideas! We need to do this asap as we finally have a person ready to do the work just need directions;) Don't be shy!!!!

TurboBuick.com is home to a lot of people I understand that so I want to try to accommodate everyone as much as possible!!!

Maybe everyone is replying to what you asked for:mad:

I don't see where he asked that you post the same request in multiple posts. Or in me topics started by you. Keep it on one thread - they will get the to items as fast as they can.

why would it only happen after using these 2 forums & not happen all the time? any hints would be great.

I'm not sure. Have you tried a different browser to see if it does the same thing in those? Purely for diagnostic use.

Maybe you guys should consider that the archaic version of Vbulletin that they were on was the cause of them repeatedly getting HACKED. Someone could have deleted all your posts (including this lame one) if they wanted to and done a myriad of other things. The version they were running was old enough it could have been EOL and unsupported. I am a server admin for a large message board (theturboforums.com/turbomustangs.com) and have done server admin work in the past for a myriad of other boards as part of my job. If you think it is easy to tweak a MySQL config, patch the hell out of the OS, optimize the services and deal with the day to days of a board be my guest try it some time. Jayc:It's been a long time since I've talked with you man, congratulations to you guys on stepping up to the plate with a huge upgrade.

Took me awhile to find my password and register again. I got one friend who is listed on over 25 forums.

My computer skills would barely get a passing grade. I am sure their is a reason for the changes..and like anything else once you get used to it I am sure it will work for most everyone.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

How much do you know about vbulletin? If you want to take over administrating this site then have at it. All the **** you're bitching about? Guess what? None of it is OUT OF THE BOX.. I added every single piece youre complaining about and guess what? I can add it here too.

We spent a fortune doing this upgrade for a bunch of ungrateful, whiny bitches. Head over to turbobuicks with the other 10 people that post over there and dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
Since you said "a bunch of whiney bitches" instead of singling one guy out, I will retort. This place has the information it has due to the people who post it up. Sure, a big thanks to you for you running this place. Personally, I have found TB.com to bee of HUGE value from both an information standpoint, but also a fun community of people standpoint.

I don't think there is much of a need to be an a$$hole to people who voice their complaints. I am on countless message boards and I have to say, while the new layout here looks "neat", I don't particularly care for it much personally. None of the other boards I'm on have this format (thankfully). I'm not sure what the issue was with the old layout. I'm not sure why the decision was made to get this (apparently expensive) upgrade. But hey, whatever floats your boat.

As far as the comment to carry ones ass to another board, well, some of the big dogs out there have lost more than a few members by taking this attitude. And if you're getting bombarded with complaints, perhaps it's not a bunch of whiny bitches that are the problem. It could be the pissy admin who doesn't like his new project being critiqued.

Concerning user cost (free), well, the free user traffic generates the money from sponsors used to fund the place. So while yes, this place is free to the users. But without the users, I doubt you'd have a lot of sponsors. So they all kinda go hand in hand.

Again, all of this is just MY opinion. I am not saying "you suck, bring my old board back, whine, cry, & bitch for something I get for free". But at the moment, I will say I preferred the old setup MUCH more than this one.