I HATE People....Please Read.

DoWork

Well guys, I want to begin by appologizing for posting a rant thread. I am just appauled by what happened to me tonight.

I want to begin by giving you folks a bit of background. Last weekend, we pulled my GN out of storage, as I wanted to have it for my B-day party tonight. I hustled on the car all week, did some spring cleaning and fluid changes, got my new tires put on, installed all my new gauges, and gave it a good bath. I was SO excited today that it was done, and about how great it looked. I was on cloud nine, and nothing could pull me down, or so I thought......

Long story short, we go to meet some friends at a local bar/club, and I park in front in the handicap spot(yes, I am disabled) by the window so that I can keep an eye on my car, and so that I can admire my weeks worth of hard work while hanging out with good friends. After a few hours, we collect our things and get ready to go. I go outside and start my car to let it warm up. Suddenly, I hear a thud on my decklid, and I turn around to see a guy walking away....he slapped my car, and thought it was funny, and was telling all his friends about how funny he thought it was. I lost my cool and came flying out of the car running off at the mouth. I few people outside calmed me down and pulled me away. As I am walking back to my car, I notice that my PS corner marker and headlight bucket are in pieces on the ground. I lost it again. I was almost in tears I was so mad at this point. We call the police, and they show up, only to determine that it was kicked out, and when they did this, they also kicked the paint off the bumper filler. GREAT. A few people had seen a group of guys who were riding the drunk bus hanging out by the front of my car, so they gave their statements and went on their way. No one actually saw it happen though, so they weren't much help. The cops don't know how much they can actually do, but they gave me a business card with a case number on it and said they would be in touch.

Now, it just sickens me how disrespectful people can be. I was raised to respect others and their property. WTF is wrong with people these days? What would posses someone to do something like this? i am absolutely at a lost for words and thoughts. I just dont understand.

Anyways, thank you for listening. I had to tell you guys about this. Also, if you or someone you know has a set of headlight buckets, and a set of corner markers FS, please, let me know. I would be really interested in them. I don't know that I can afford them this instant, but I will do what I can.

Thanks,
-Todd

some people theif oxygen from the rest of the human race... we enable these useless forms of life to live by making laws which do not allow others to protect themselves and their property. I guarantee if you were in a country where they still allow flogging or cutting off of the hand this would never have happened... :mad:

That sucks man but I know what you mean. People have NO respect for anything anymore. I am all for the flogging thing !!!!!!!!!!! In public to , bet that would make them start thinking before they acted stupid like that

That really does suck and even more so that it was your birthday.

There are places that i won't / don't take my Regal to and park it,
1.mall
2.bars
3.grocery stores
4.retail stores
5.movie theaters
pretty much any place that it would be parked for more than 5 minutes max.

Parking your car up front like that,even though you are entitled to do so it puts it in sight of everyone yes even the stupid vandals and i would also guess if they are drinking it probably only added to the moment of opertunity.

Atleast if you park a little bit away from the front entrance it will stop having everyone from seeing the car.

It shouldn't have to be this way but there are people in this country who don't give a shiit about other peoples property or rights.

Sorry for what happened to your car, and Happy Birthday!!

Some people are totaly clueless to what there doing around them. I had a guy from work come by the house so I could charge his a/c. With a key fob hanging from his belt w/ about 20 keys on it he kept on leaning on both the Buick and the Camaro. After the 3rd or 4th time asking him nicely to quit leaning on my cars, I had to ask him to leave. He didnt necessaraly go away mad, but at least he went away.

Craig

I FEEL for you... You can't own anything nice these days cause others are jelous or have no RESPECT for peoples property. :frown:

I felt that way when I had my GN.. I would worry about it all the time. So I sold it and bought my T.
Of course I have done some stuff to improve my T over my 5 year love/hate affair with this car.

Now I hate to say it but its not worth my health to worry about it..
So i prefer to own a car that is not the best looker on the block.

I try to park far away from others when I drove my T to do errands during the day.

When I drive my crew cab s10 I always look for end spots.

ANOTHER THING that sets people off are BUMPER STICKERS. They will attack your vehicle if your sticker offends them.

I understand your anger and your pain. I would be seething and want justice or revenge. But it's done and they will probably never pay for what they did. You have to get the car fixed and put it behind you. Don't make it worse by brooding about it and making yourself even more miserable. I know: easier said than done. But it's the only intellingent comment I can make and I feel bad for you. You already know this. You just need to do it. :)

:mad: Ugh... If only I could catch some jackass doing something like that. I despise idiots and unfortunately, they breed faster than anything else. The gene pool needs a good cleaning and the person who screwed with your car needs his a$$ beat.

......Happy Birthday!!

Thanks Man!

I am trying to get past it. I stayed up most of last night trying to find a new set of Headlight buckets, and a new set of corner markers. It sucks though, I am having troubles finding a nice set of lights. I will keep searching though :)

The thing is, my car is not the nicest looking car in the world. BUT, it is MY car, and I love it. I waited a long time to get a GN, and I would do anything for this car. Last night hurt my pride more than anything. I plan on finishing up my gauges today, and giving it another bath, and I will post up some pictures :)

Thank you for all your replys! I really appreciate it, and I do agree....I need to put this behind me and keep chugging along. Thanks again guys. Like I said earlier, if anyone has parts they want to get rid of, please, let me know!

Todd unfortunately as has been said, respect for other people's property is on the downward spiral. I've had my Buick at a show only to come back to find black oil spots all over it that weren't there before...which is a drop in the bucket compared to my dad who had someone over that leaned up against his restored 68 Camaro SS...this guy had a trench coat on and wiggled his ass all over the fender....one of the buttons scratched the Le Mans blue paint....guy tried to claim "it wasn't me" despite having blue residue all over the button.

If there were only a law to beat the **** out of people who did things like this we'd have fewer boneheads running around.

Take solace in the fact that darwinism always catches up with douche bags...he'll get his...they always do!

Well guys, I want to begin by appologizing for posting a rant thread. I am just appauled by what happened to me tonight.

I want to begin by giving you folks a bit of background. Last weekend, we pulled my GN out of storage, as I wanted to have it for my B-day party tonight. I hustled on the car all week, did some spring cleaning and fluid changes, got my new tires put on, installed all my new gauges, and gave it a good bath. I was SO excited today that it was done, and about how great it looked. I was on cloud nine, and nothing could pull me down, or so I thought......

Long story short, we go to meet some friends at a local bar/club, and I park in front in the handicap spot(yes, I am disabled) by the window so that I can keep an eye on my car, and so that I can admire my weeks worth of hard work while hanging out with good friends. After a few hours, we collect our things and get ready to go. I go outside and start my car to let it warm up. Suddenly, I hear a thud on my decklid, and I turn around to see a guy walking away....he slapped my car, and thought it was funny, and was telling all his friends about how funny he thought it was. I lost my cool and came flying out of the car running off at the mouth. I few people outside calmed me down and pulled me away. As I am walking back to my car, I notice that my PS corner marker and headlight bucket are in pieces on the ground. I lost it again. I was almost in tears I was so mad at this point. We call the police, and they show up, only to determine that it was kicked out, and when they did this, they also kicked the paint off the bumper filler. GREAT. A few people had seen a group of guys who were riding the drunk bus hanging out by the front of my car, so they gave their statements and went on their way. No one actually saw it happen though, so they weren't much help. The cops don't know how much they can actually do, but they gave me a business card with a case number on it and said they would be in touch.

Now, it just sickens me how disrespectful people can be. I was raised to respect others and their property. WTF is wrong with people these days? What would posses someone to do something like this? i am absolutely at a lost for words and thoughts. I just dont understand.

Anyways, thank you for listening. I had to tell you guys about this. Also, if you or someone you know has a set of headlight buckets, and a set of corner markers FS, please, let me know. I would be really interested in them. I don't know that I can afford them this instant, but I will do what I can.

Thanks,
-Todd
I simply carry a can of wasp and hornet spray. It shoots up to 20ft. Dont bother trying to fight with the douches. Spraying their drunk asses in the face will cause more pain than your fists will. I had a little douchebag cut me off a few weeks ago. So i layed on the horn. This little a$$hole (all 5'3" 125 lbs of him) stops on the highway and gets out of his POS car and begins to approach mine. I restrained myself from getting out of my car because i dont need to be arrested for crushing a little POS like this. I did not have the spray yet since i got the idea shortly after this incident but if i did i would have emptied the whole fvcking can in his face. I wouldnt leave the can of spray in plain sight in the car especially if its too cold for those types of insects in your area.

That sucks man but I know what you mean. People have NO respect for anything anymore. I am all for the flogging thing !!!!!!!!!!! In public to , bet that would make them start thinking before they acted stupid like that

Your flogging comment sounds like what they do in the Middle East. Guess they arent that stupid after all! Cut off his hand & he wont steal again. If he does cut off the other one!

I simply carry a can of wasp and hornet spray. It shoots up to 20ft. Dont bother trying to fight with the douches. Spraying their drunk asses in the face will cause more pain than your fists will. I had a little douchebag cut me off a few weeks ago. So i layed on the horn. This little a$$hole (all 5'3" 125 lbs of him) stops on the highway and gets out of his POS car and begins to approach mine. I restrained myself from getting out of my car because i dont need to be arrested for crushing a little POS like this. I did not have the spray yet since i got the idea shortly after this incident but if i did i would have emptied the whole fvcking can in his face. I wouldnt leave the can of spray in plain sight in the car especially if its too cold for those types of insects in your area.

Bison, two wrongs don't make a right;)! Now, Wasp and Hornet spray...which brand shoots 20ft...?:tongue: LOL! That would crack me up in to watch that go down in traffic if the driver derserves it.

I've come to realize a long time ago there are car guys and than there is everybody else. I don't take any of my toys where I am not with them, especially a bar. I sympathize with you, I don't know why people just can't respect other people's stuff. As much as I don't like certain makes of vehicles I am not gonna vandalize em. Happy birthday and be thankful the damage wasn't any worse.

awesome idea! thanks.

im off to home depot now :biggrin:

For parked cars........

I carry a valve core remover with me. :biggrin: Remove the valve cores and leave them on top of the roof by the drivers door. This causes no damage just an inconvience. How many carry the tool to put them back? ;)

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Hmm, wasp spray. Thats cheaper than mace. And probably more affective than store bought mace.;)

Happy Birthday for starters ,sorry for the bad day:rolleyes:.These kind of people are everywhere today,they don;t care about their own stuff so they will not care about ours.:mad:I say shoot them all and let God sort them out.:eek:Just saying

Kevin