TB weight

jlat

hello people: Right now I have the weight of a TB on my brain. I've never put it on a scale and I never tried to put my 86T on a diet but weight does matter. I'll bet the heaviest thing on a TB R the doors. They weight alot. I do keep a tool box in the trunk and with all the braces I have I'll bet it's a porker.....
to anyone who weighed their car do tell your weight
IBBY

Last edited:
I've done alot of weight adding and removal.
I would suggest you get the car scaled😉

Are we taking guesses?
3650 with the tool box . LOL

My WE4 was 3855lb. with me 160 lb. in it. Full stereo 3 JBL sub.s. and fully dynomatted, astroroof car loaded braces spare tire etc.
GN was 3800 with me in it, stereo 1 sub. loaded with astroroof braces spare tire etc.
GN weight verified at LVD and Englishtown scales, WE4 only went to LVD.
Go racing at LVD you'll learn more than you really want to know. ;):p:cool:

My WE4 was 3855lb. with me 160 lb. in it. Full stereo 3 JBL sub.s. and fully dynomatted, astroroof car loaded braces spare tire etc.
GN was 3800 with me in it, stereo 1 sub. loaded with astroroof braces spare tire etc.
GN weight verified at LVD and Englishtown scales, WE4 only went to LVD.
Go racing at LVD you'll learn more than you really want to know. ;):p:cool:
hello people: Sounds like we have the same TB. Maybe without the subs and matte. Mine 86T Designer, I do believe all the braces, ASC moonroof, 16" rims. I'm snot a racer but I did Karting for a few.
IBBY

I was lucky and ordered my GN the last week to get an ‘86.
The ‘86’s have the aluminum bumper supports. It did have steel rear brake drums.
I ordered it without any power options. I did get the carpet floor mats, halogen headlights, tilt wheel, concert sound 2, UX1 stereo, mud flaps, white letter tires and block heater.

With larger sway bars, HRE 17” aluminum wheels, (2) 10” Kicker subs in a single box it weighed 3450 with me in it (150 at the time).

IMG_0309.jpeg

IMG_0311.jpeg

It seems I’ve read where you can lose 80 lbs by removing the side impact beams out of the doors, but then no protection.

Last edited:
hello people: speaking of weighin. When I did Karting 4 bathroom scales is what was used but it gave U a taste of what setup and racing is all about. Racing is alot of work.
IBBY

I was lucky and ordered my GN the last week to get an ‘86.
The ‘86’s have the aluminum bumper supports. It did have steel rear brake drums.
I ordered it without any power options. I did get the carpet floor mats, halogen headlights, tilt wheel, concert sound 2, UX1 stereo, mud flaps, white letter tires and block heater.

With larger sway bars, HRE 17” aluminum wheels, (2) 10” Kicker subs in a single box it weighed 3450 with me in it (150 at the time).

View attachment 396168

View attachment 396169

It seems I’ve read where you can lose 80 lbs by removing the side impact beams out of the doors, but then no protection.
Its not 80lbs. I weighed a set that I removed. I remember 15lbs. Cant remember if that was both or just one. Either way, i felt like I wasted my time. I was told it was 20lbs a side, and I felt 40lbs was worth doing.

Its not 80lbs. I weighed a set that I removed. I remember 15lbs. Cant remember if that was both or just one. Either way, i felt like I wasted my time. I was told it was 20lbs a side, and I felt 40lbs was worth doing.

Thank you for providing the correct information. I thought about removing mine at one time, but I drove it a fair amount and seemed a little unsafe to me.

My friend did the crash bars on his T. They were a real pita to do and I think he said they only weighed about 20lbs. He's got a roll bar so he at least has that now.

Had mine on scales a few years ago. 3440lbs with half tank of fuel and GTA wheels. 87 T, t-tops, no power options, aluminum bumper supports & rear drums, aluminum rad, aluminum heads, & light weight front brakes. Probably 3430 now with the new suspension parts.