in the boost

jlat

hello people: When your on the gas and boost does it stay boosted or does it fall off. It happened today getting on the hi way and I do believe it's a new situation.
IBBY

hello people: well that sucks , what should I be lookin for.
IBBY

How much boost did it drop? Any knock? I would start by looking for any boost leaks and exhaust leaks. Double check all clamps and a cheap smoke machine might uncover some issues.

hello people: I'm gonna try and look at it today but while in the boost it just went to zero on the gage. It's (I hope) something obvious.
IBBY

Look at the data...
No data?? Come back when you have some.;)
hello people: driving my 86T is just about done for this year and if the salt comes out definitely. U want scanmaster #s. i don't think that will help.
IBBY

hello people: driving my 86T is just about done for this year and if the salt comes out definitely. U want scanmaster #s. i don't think that will help.
IBBY
Warm it up to operating temperature, and post the numbers. BLM's might tell the tale.

Seat of the pants will let you know if the boost is dropping. Are you judging this by the stock gauge? If the car nose dives by losing power, the boost is dropping. If it keeps pulling hard, it's not dropping and the gauge is flaky.

I know this sounds simple, but did the hose pop of the intake plenum?

hello people: I had to get these #s 4 your thoughts. I took the 86T out and it does have boost but I did not give it full throttle when the boost fell. Quickly lookin under the hood and it looks good. I did not take the turbo cover off but I will soon to look better,. Ambiant air mid 40s. ready.
bat. 14.0, int 128, bl 132, mph 0, coolant 168, reg. 131, rev 800, tps 42, iac 46, cc 13, hal 00, i fcked up whats next but it goes from 761- 792, af 04, L8 32.
IBBY

I know this sounds simple, but did the hose pop of the intake plenum?
And the lower I/C hoses. Easy to overlook if you're just looking at everything up top. I had one pop off on my front mount years ago and chased a red herring for a bit before looking under there and seeing it dangling. DOH! comes to mind. Live and learn.

And the lower I/C hoses. Easy to overlook if you're just looking at everything up top. I had one pop off on my front mount years ago and chased a red herring for a bit before looking under there and seeing it dangling. DOH! comes to mind. Live and learn.
EDIT - I don't know what I/C you have so this may not apply.

Curious if it could have anything to due with kr due to dense cold air if it was on a swamp ass air tune?

The car should spool and make boost real easy in 40deg air.

I assume your adjusting the fueling in your chip for this cool dense air? Mine uses A LOT more fuel once the temps drop below 50 degrees and I have to adjust for that in the chip.

From your description it sounds like it starts making boost then the boost drops off? If so it could be wastegate related and one it begins to open it's killing boost.
Check these areas:
-Wastegate is functioning correctly -internal spring pressure is correct.
-Wastegate plumbing and the boost signal to the actuator.
-If your using a manual boost controller - make sure it's still functioning correctly.

If it's not making boost at all the problem may not be in the wastegate area, but if it's starting to build boost and then it drops, I would look in the wastegate area.

hello people: I knew the #'s others want to see is not the answer to my latest situation but maybe this weekend I'll give it a good look thru.
I rarely go full throttle so maybe the situation has been there. The car does like the colder weather but I'm still up in the air about the 160 stat. in it.
IBBY