How much would you sell your car for?

Rugby

I have my gn going on a year now and I have had 2 people try and buy it from me. My car is not a nice clean car. Lots of rust ect.

What would it take for you to sell your to somebody on the street?

Brandon

150% of what I could buy another identical one for. No desire to sell, but everything does have a price.

If the offer for your car was acceptable , I would have sold it to get a nicer car. If i get the right offer my car will be sold and I will start over with something else...maybe in charcoal or white

Bryan

Dr_-Evil-One-Million-Dollars.png

yea thats a loaded question. depends on the condition of the car and how much someone is willing to pay.

Honestly....$40k. A lot of blood sweat, tears, and $$$$ went into mine. Took that thing down to the frame and back up again.

I've wanted one a long time and now that I've got mine I couldn't imagine selling it. I wouldn't even consider twice what I paid.

A grand for every year I've owned mine. That would mean $27,000. I guess that is why I will probably never sell it. ;)

Depends on which 1 of mine you would want.I got a few more not in the picture all 86-87 intercooled
20141114_140033.jpg

I have my gn going on a year now and I have had 2 people try and buy it from me. My car is not a nice clean car. Lots of rust ect.

What would it take for you to sell your to somebody on the street?

Brandon
most of them people are going to offer you way below what its worth if they know anything about cars. IF your car is worth 5k as it sits i would guess their offers hover around 1500 to 2k. as they are looking for a steel.

ttaowner, I love the crusty looking one! The others are nice too, but I like that one, a lot.

ttaowner, I love the crusty looking one! The others are nice too, but I like that one, a lot.
State of CT cop car. Only took 9 years to buy and literally had to pull it out of the earth. Was told by a retired cop that I had look into it CT only had 35 turbo buicks it was a 17-18 split between turbo t's and gn's. I can't remember if mine is 1 of 17 or 18 don't remember which way the split went. Car hasn't been on the road since 1991. Needs some floor work otherwise solid. Have the original title from the state to prove my case of where it came from.

Years ago, someone offered me 30K for my GN. I told them that it wasn't worth it. They then, said that they had the cash to back up their offer. I simply told them that it was not for sale at any price, and walked away.

So what is my car really "worth"?

I guess if I had to sell it I could muster up 20-25K in a heartbeat. But seriously, if someone offered me twice that amount, I'd tell them to pound sand. You see. Sometimes in life, there are things that money cant buy. The good times I've had modding, racing, and showing my GN are just some of that. I'm sure I've dumped 40K into that sled and don't regret a single cent (except for that Kenne Bell, ultra chip, with too much timing:eek:). Money will come and go. As you get older, you realize. In life, good memories and good people are priceless...:)

Happy spooling...

Mike Barnard

State of CT cop car. Only took 9 years to buy and literally had to pull it out of the earth. Was told by a retired cop that I had look into it CT only had 35 turbo buicks it was a 17-18 split between turbo t's and gn's. I can't remember if mine is 1 of 17 or 18 don't remember which way the split went. Car hasn't been on the road since 1991. Needs some floor work otherwise solid. Have the original title from the state to prove my case of where it came from.
Cool story

I told the guy no before he could get a price out of his mouth. For some reason I really like the GN. I would like to have a nicer version but I am ok with my hoopity for now.

ttype.JPG
After losing my first tr to a scumbag thief while stationed overseas I never thought I'd be able to own another. Since that time I've owned 4 more. I have 2 left. Both will be for sale shortly.

I never planned to sell. I think that those of us who love these cars have WAY more invested in the cars than they'll ever fetch. Besides the huge smile they give me it's one of the reasons I never planned on selling. Lately however, I've been hit with some HUGE debts that need to go away so, I'm selling a house and both cars in order to reduce the debt.

86 GN Astro roof 89k
86 T-type ASC roof 73k
$18k either one.

I'll buy another when I'm out from under this crazy bill.

angry-black-in-ky-019-jpg.117742

Last edited:
Hmm bought the GN 24 yrs ago next month for $12k with 10k miles on it. It now has about 54k on it and somewhere in the neighborhood of $5k - 7k in mods, but it would take around $30k to $35k to buy it for these reasons although it isnt worth that much to anyone:
1) thats what it would take for me to get another one with lower miles and to make it more bad azz than what i have now.
2) hate to start over with someone else's problem.
3) and i know every inch of my car and exactly what has been done.

Now for the hardtop/cloth TTA maybe around $40k for me to part with it and probably worth it.