How fast are WRX STi and EVOs?

Not to change the subject yet stay on course, what about the SRT-4's? Are they as fast as our beloved Buicks when modded?
SRT 's make very good power but it is very difficult to get them to hook.
My son's has ran 12.54 at 122 mph! It is a top end monster. It has quite a few bolt ons but a stock engine.

My son's has ran 12.54 at 122 mph! It is a top end monster. It has quite a few bolt ons but a stock engine.

Top end yup and If they could get them to hook they are a monster.

I like the sound of the stage one SRT. I had a couple come through work that i drove. Nice car.pulls good and looks killer

My brother has an Sti with dp, exhaust, and a tune. It runs 12.4's The key to these things running good is the driving.

All and all, manufacturers continue to improve technology in order to be like Buick once was and is. Everytime, I drive my TR and people just know and respect these cars. The funny thing is that they dump all that money in to it just to say that their cars are faster. Me personnally, I don't care, I'm very happy with my daily cruiser. Although our cars are well over 21 years of age, more and more people love to say that they beat the ol' Buick. But then again, their car are much lighter, newer technology and you still have these heavy tanks give them their run for their money. :biggrin: Just my 2 cents.

I've got less total invested in my Buick as lots of these fellas have in their upgrades, upgrades they've made to a car that cost them what, $35K or so to take home. And they still refuse to show up at any test&tunes at the drag strip even for no money. Course I wouldn't want to go against them on a curvy road course. And really, if I lose in my $15K 20 year old car against a car with 3 times that invested in it, should I feel bad?

I've even offered to run some of those fellas in my 85 Silverado :D

I ran a 13.2@101 with a 1.7 60ft on my stock '04 STi. Now it is over 550awhp on pump. The ej257 can handle 600awhp on stock internals with a good tune. So they are potent.

Almost2.jpg

My old STi, 340awhp vs. my buddy's '01 WS6
- Video

Nick

I saw a near stock Sti doing awd donuts with four people in the car!! The parking lot was bone dry and it was hot and sticky that night!! Sti and evo's are both awesome and actually give some credibility to the import crowd.

Lookout for Evos rather than STi

A local Evo with 580 whp just ran 10.63 @ 138 mph.

They can do this too.

my current STi:
Day1.jpg

dayone5.jpg

It is on Michelin Pilot Sport Cup r-compound tires. :eek:

my old STi with some ****ty all-seasons (could cut 1.7's with them).
Snow4.jpg

Nick

I have run both of them in my Cobra at the local strip. They normally get me out of the whole but at half track I catch them and blow buy them at the end buy 2 and a half to 3 car lenghts.

I have run both of them in my Cobra at the local strip. They normally get me out of the whole but at half track I catch them and blow buy them at the end buy 2 and a half to 3 car lenghts.

Isn't the drivetrain of the Legacy GT you have very very similar to the standard WRX? I know the Spec B Legacy is considered a wolf in sheep's clothing but isn't the GT also?

And yes I'd love to own either, but I don't want to finance a "project car" (says he who just made a payment on his GN) so I own a Galant VR4 instead :D I've yet to mod it so it's sitting at a tired 133K miles and not as peppy as it can/will be.

Isn't the drivetrain of the Legacy GT you have very very similar to the standard WRX? I know the Spec B Legacy is considered a wolf in sheep's clothing but isn't the GT also?

And yes I'd love to own either, but I don't want to finance a "project car" (says he who just made a payment on his GN) so I own a Galant VR4 instead :D I've yet to mod it so it's sitting at a tired 133K miles and not as peppy as it can/will be.

Yes, they are similar... the WRX has 227hp and the GT and SPEC B have 250hp. It is a blast to drive. It will do low 14's in the 1/4 at 100mph

From what ive experienced most dont run over 115mph in the quarter. A 120+mph TR will beat most of them up pretty bad. They seem to be about a half second slower than the DSM crowd. I raced a couple Talons/Eclipses from a roll with the car in my sig. Air temps were in the 50's. Car would run 130 mph with the current tune at 50 degrees ambient. I let them get on it first and i walked away very fast in 3rd. Not even close. If i ran them from a stop with some M/T DR's or slicks and a little Trackbite it would be at least 5 bus lengths margin of victory at the quarter mark. As far as a non alky nearly stock TR, they would eat you alive. No chance with a car going under 110mph and no DR's.