How did(or didn't) convince your wife or how can I convince mine?

Have it shipped to my house Pronto :D. Ill just keep it hidden for you.. Under my hood..
Oh, you have your own path to follow with a real Guru. I'm just stumbling around bumping my head.

Damb buddy grab ur nutz and buy the damb car...... If it's not going to cost the household anything and it's YOUR money, DO IT! I understand your married and I understand it's a family thing.... But like I told my wife.... my car is my mistress.... Better I f*ck around with this than another woman... She understood... never said anything else... Women like to control everything. They like to dictate what happens... I feel if you involve her, she will appreciate it... When I say Involve her, I mean TELL HER YOU BOUGH IT. Last time you checked you were a RESPONSIBLE ADULT right! So who cares... If she leaves you because of the car.... It wasn't meant to be! Anybody who would leave someone because of material stuff....shouldn't have been together anyways...

IMAG0095.jpg See its for the family! It puts the kids right to sleep.

The first time my wife saw my new GN was when it rolled off the trailer at the dealer, she married a gear head, I did not and will not ask permission for cars or parts, but it never comes out of the family budget.
4 kids, two houses and ten cars later......Did I mention she really wanted that "valuable buick" in divorce court 25 years later, she did not get it....

You are destined to drive a minivan at this rate.....

Listen to this guy...good advice...

Go to a Harley dealer and pick up some brochures on their bikes. Purchase a leather riding jacket and when you get home, put the leather jacket on the kitchen chair, and spread the brochures out on the table. When she asks, just tell her you think you'd like to try something less expensive.

Also, get some brochures with instructions for building a home-made helicopter and throw them in for good measure. Tell her you can't decide between the Harley or a homemade helicopter.

She will beg you to get the GN.

I would like to purchase a TR, and this would be my first.
I did look at one on Sunday, and was not only quite nice the current owner was quite supportive and very helpful ( you know who you are!)

Anyways, instead of just buying it and bringing it home, (forgive and forget right? doesn't work with my wife) I decided to get her engaged on buying it. But, she does not see the "value" in it.

What excuses or method of convincing, if any, did you use?
Just going out and buying it now with her on the fence, would be a marriage no-no

I do encourage creative methods and stories, and defying her now and buying it would be BAAD!

Do you have a job?
Are your bills up to date?
Do have some an emergency stash?
Buying the WILL NOT put you in financial distress right??
If the answer to all of the above questions is Yes.
Then whats the problem?
BTW My wife prefers me to have a old ass car that needs my attention over side ass that wants my attention Plus with the car we can occasionally have a threesome, like we had tonight- took wife in the car to dinner, then for a nice drive down by the ocean damn it was good.:D:cool:

Go to a Harley dealer and pick up some brochures on their bikes. Purchase a leather riding jacket and when you get home, put the leather jacket on the kitchen chair, and spread the brochures out on the table. When she asks, just tell her you think you'd like to try something less expensive.

Also, get some brochures with instructions for building a home-made helicopter and throw them in for good measure. Tell her you can't decide between the Harley or a homemade helicopter.

Diabolically clever :D!

Do_O

T=her answer? She could handle some fling with a bar slut if i had one, being im was a sailor she kind of anticipated that... but she felt she could never compete with my "love" in the Garage. So she divorced me over the cars...

I was Shocked.. Still am to this day.....

I doubt that anything would shock you Aj, since you're a squid after all.:p

Is there something you're not telling us John? Sounds a little kinky with the leather and the bike.o_O

if you got to ask a question like that - you don't deserve one.............that's just the way it is!

I doubt that anything would shock you Aj, since you're a squid after all.:p

LOL really, I was shocked.... i couldnt believe what i was hearing! granted i didnt want her to leave over something like cars as i had actually loved this girl.. but she was nutz and French. And i think the French part has alot to do with it! I do wonder often what my life would have been like had i gotten into football or bowling and kept my trophy chick.

But then i think................................................. NAH! screw that crazy bitch! :D

Did you all run em off?? A lot funny responses in this thread. Should be made a sticky for future GN owners with wives. Lol. Being destined to drive a minivan at this rate though? I'm still laughing at that one.

She is OK with the car, but I wanted to her your experiences and how you dealt with it.

Honestly, I was expecting more out of you guy in the humor department :D

Keep looking for them , talking about them, and with confidence tell her you will own one someday finally she will tell you to get the dam thing to shut you up. worked for me! it only took 2 years! ha!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Keep looking for them , talking about them, and with confidence tell her you will own one someday finally she will tell you to get the dam thing to shut you up. worked for me! it only took 2 years! ha!

I am working on her for 10 years! And wanting one for 20!

Need to change tactics the front attack is not working need to flank her and use alternate methods! After I owned mine for a while turns out my youngest has turned into a real gear head loves this car I think more then me reads everything about them at the cruise ins loves to talk to people about it. Assuming you got kids, my wife would not have it any other way.

The last 8 years were more wishful thinking and just hoped I could buy one. But since we now have well-established careers, this is more of a reality.