How did(or didn't) convince your wife or how can I convince mine?

Jay, they didn't make GN's in the 60's when you were 20.

How did you go from her not sure about the purchase of the car to getting all those parts?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I'm not saying being married is bad. Im just too young =].

i was 2 days into 18 when i got married the first time.

better get them loins working before they wither up and fall off!

J/K! wait it out!

Jay, they didn't make GN's in the 60's when you were 20.

How did you go from her not sure about the purchase of the car to getting all those parts?

I haven't purchased any parts, they are being provided by the previous owner.
The only thing I purchased so far was new speakers since all of them are torn.

I maybe purchasing new trunk liner as well as emblems, soon

I haven't purchased any parts, they are being provided by the previous owner.
The only thing I purchased so far was new speakers since all of them are torn.

I maybe purchasing new trunk liner as well as emblems, soon

If the car has Concert Sound, be sure to purchase 10 ohms speakers. The front speakers (dash & door) are in parallel and require a higher ohm speaker. A previous owner of my GN used 4 ohm speakers for the dash and it took out the amplifier in the radio.

There is a sticky on the audio board here that goes into this.

RemoveBeforeFlight

P.S. congrat's on the car, it is a nice find.

If the car has Concert Sound, be sure to purchase 10 ohms speakers. The front speakers (dash & door) are in parallel and require a higher ohm speaker. A previous owner of my GN used 4 ohm speakers for the dash and it took out the amplifier in the radio.

There is a sticky on the audio board here that goes into this.

RemoveBeforeFlight

P.S. congrat's on the car, it is a nice find.

Thanks...

Ok... where do you find 10 ohm speakers? Or can you put a resistor on there?

Thanks...

Ok... where do you find 10 ohm speakers? Or can you put a resistor on there?

I really don't know. I discovered the 4 ohm speakers while replacing the top dash cover (plug for Kirban, his top dash cover is perfect, highly recommended).

The original had the grill areas above the dash speakers all broken. I found that the speakers had been replaced (and badly installed) and protruded higher then the stock one. Hence the damage to the dash top cover.

Here is the thread on the Concert Sound system:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/th...info-thread-including-concert-sound-2.263874/

It appears that re-wiring the front into a series configuration will work when going with low ohm speakers.

Me, I pulled the aftermarket dash speakers as they didn't fit correctly. Didn't want to damage another top dash cover. So am using just the front door speakers and the rear deck speakers.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Mine does not like cars really either. She knows my addiction and supports me. Although I try to give her anything she wants financially that I can afford since I spend so much on the cars. She is boring though when it comes to car stuff. She just isnt into it. But mark my words, my wife will never tell me I can't buy something since I make 90 percent of the money in my household. Yeah, I laid that carpet right. Lol

Update:

I took the kids for ice cream in it last night, and when I got back, I asked her if she would like to drive it?

She said sure!

20 minutes later, she comes back, hair a bit of a mess, and I asked her how was it?

She had a hard time holding back a smile, and said, "it's pretty fast, but I didn't get on it as I was not sure what it would do."
I think she likes it, but then she said, it rattles a lot. Due to the T-tops and being of the 1980s quality
I told her that would be something I would be working on it is to reduce the rattle.

Update:

Injectors are in, adjustable FPR, 3" downpipe, adjustable wastegate are installed, now just finishing up the A/C work...

Anyone hang out in the milwaukee area? If it is done by Wednesday, I may take it out to Waukesha at that German joint as they have something on Wednesday nights.

I didn't convince mine. She went out of town for two days. I bought it and picked her up t the airport with it. It was one of those....well it's too late now looks.

5 TR's later.....I just never ask.

She hates me.....but it works. At least I drive it. She has 20 pairs of shoes in the closet that have no idea what the sun is.