how about a supra motor in a GN?

Originally posted by rtviper
jordan also will you show me a supra with 15k into the motor running mid 8s please. I will send a copy to all the supra racers like Vinney 10 and Rado who have spent 100s of thousands over the last 10 years trying to do just that? Hmmmm maybe the F and F idiot logo isnt too far fetched. No offense :)

Vinney Ten was not the best tuner out there. He did finally get into the 7s last weekend though.

Have you ever heard of the Arslanian brothers? They own Bullish Racing. They have 2 SC300s (Soarers) with 2JZ engines. On their first passes, both ran LOW 7s. They are now both in the 6.70 range.

I am just curious rtviper, what it the fastest a Stage II engine has ever been? George Arslanian has gone 6.70, while Ara has gone 6.76. If I remember correctly, not even Duttweiler and his Oldsmobile body has gone that fast!!!

Just wanted to say that the Viper is also overpriced.;)

As for the comments that the Japanese are more technologically advanced, that is not true. The Japanese just take great pride when they build their cars. Not like the American car companies who are just interested in pumping out cars as fast as possible.

Originally posted by Taffy
Vinney Ten was not the best tuner out there. He did finally get into the 7s last weekend though.

Have you ever heard of the Arslanian brothers? They own Bullish Racing. They have 2 SC300s (Soarers) with 2JZ engines. On their first passes, both ran LOW 7s. They are now both in the 6.70 range.

I am just curious rtviper, what it the fastest a Stage II engine has ever been? George Arslanian has gone 6.70, while Ara has gone 6.76. If I remember correctly, not even Duttweiler and his Oldsmobile body has gone that fast!!!

Just wanted to say that the Viper is also overpriced.;)

As for the comments that the Japanese are more technologically advanced, that is not true. The Japanese just take great pride when they build their cars. Not like the American car companies who are just interested in pumping out cars as fast as possible.

Okay I really really tried to stay out of this after my last post, but you guys just keep on pushing........

First off I find it funny that some of you Supra lovers ripped me hard for being off on the price of what an aftermarket set of cams for a 2JZ-GTE motor cost.... Wow I was wrong and they are $2K cheaper..... Big Fing deal!!! That was the only thing I was wrong about when it comes to the 2JZ-GTE motor and the cost involved in building one to make 1000hp!

Now back to this topic Duttweiler ran 6.89 @204.52mph with his Olds Cutlass tube frame car that had a twin turbo Stage II motor, but I'd bet that it could have gone faster had he ran the car longer than he did before he decided to build a SB2 twin turbo SBC V8..... Also I'd bet that the Bullish Racing Solaras (NOT Soarers) are lighter than Duttweilers Cutlass.... Oh yeah Bill Anderson (EightSecV6) has a pretty serious single turbo Stage II V6 race car that has a Big single (PT-98 turbo) Stage II motor with a Liquid/Air Intercooler and a 5-speed Liberty that should be running at least as fast as the Bullish cars when he gets all the bugs worked out.... Be on the look out!

Also I think you guys talking about how great a 2JZ-GTE motor is should just wait and see what happens when the TA Performance aluminum block is in a serious race car (this block is way stronger than any stock 2JZ block and is lighter than a stock 109 Buick V6 block)!

Damn always with excuses... If this car weighed this and if he ran this car for another year...blah blah blah... Just like Lennox Lewis said if he fought Klitschko another round he would of won...

Also you dont need a Automatic tranny to run 1000hp 2JZ . People are running over 1000hp with a 6speed. Auto is better but its not needed. Your putting up all these extreme retail prices for building a 2JZ when your off a few thousand and 90% of the people when building a motor get good prices. Also why not and try to do it yourself... oh wait you dont do that.:D

Originally posted by badasst7
Damn always with excuses... If this car weighed this and if he ran this car for another year...blah blah blah... Just like Lennox Lewis said if he fought Klitschko another round he would of won...

Also you dont need a Automatic tranny to run 1000hp 2JZ . People are running over 1000hp with a 6speed. Auto is better but its not needed. Your putting up all these extreme retail prices for building a 2JZ when your off a few thousand and 90% of the people when building a motor get good prices. Also why not and try to do it yourself... oh wait you dont do that.:D

You know what you're right you don't need an automatic (I know your going to bring up Nero from Titan Motorsports and how he ran 8's with a factory 6spd), but it's much easier to put 1000hp to the ground with an auto like a TH-400 compared to a 6spd (that's probably why Nero has an auto in the car right now)!

As far as the weight issue that is not an excuse.... the lighter car that is making around the same power will be faster.... That is a fact! Also the more time you have running a car and working out things (like how well the car 60's) you can get the car to go faster especially when we're talking ETs...... As far as the comment of me doing it myself I don't see you doing it so why don't you:confused:

BTW, you talk about the guy Moe's RX-7 with the 2JZ motor running 9's and nobody that I talk to has ever seen it run a 9 second pass including a guy I know that goes to many of the import events (he did see it run in the 11's at a Test N Tune night) down here at Moroso...... Does he ever race it at Moroso anymore?? I would love to see it make a 9 second pass instead of hearing you talk about it!

I wasnt going to bring up Nero.. SupraStore.com sells a bunch of Supras with over 1000hp with 6spds..

As far as me doing the work myself.. I do, I have never built a motor by "myself" but once I get another car I will.

As far as Moe's car. He stopped racing that car at the track. He wanted to go 9's he did then he parked it in his garage stripped it, repainted it now hes putting it back together. Also he ran 9's at Moroso last year at one of the events I think it was April. We do have a video of the car going 9's and 10.0's also have the timeslip. It was actually on SpeedVision. He came in 3rd (lost against a high 8 sec Red peanut car) Japtrix came in 2nd with there 9-10 sec White Rx7. The only reason JapTrix came in second was because they had a by run or somethin.

Originally posted by badasst7
I wasnt going to bring up Nero.. SupraStore.com sells a bunch of Supras with over 1000hp with 6spds..

As far as me doing the work myself.. I do, I have never built a motor by "myself" but once I get another car I will.

As far as Moe's car. He stopped racing that car at the track. He wanted to go 9's he did then he parked it in his garage stripped it, repainted it now hes putting it back together. Also he ran 9's at Moroso last year at one of the events I think it was April. We do have a video of the car going 9's and 10.0's also have the timeslip. It was actually on SpeedVision. He came in 3rd (lost against a high 8 sec Red peanut car) Japtrix came in 2nd with there 9-10 sec White Rx7.

That's cool.... If I had the resources and time (a garage would be nice) I would do most of the work on my car by myself and pretty soon in the next year or so I probably will.... Alex will be doing some things to his car with his own two hands as well in the next couple of months.... It gets very old paying a mechanic to do things that you could most likely do yourself and it is much cheaper (basically cuts the cost in half because there is no labor charge)....

BTW, I saw the black TPS MKIV auto Supra running mid 10's at the track a while ago (think he went to a bigger turbo and is using a little juice to spool it).... Very nice:) :cool:

here you go. id like to see how this goes im not afraid of some internet hardasses gettin' pissed at me from 4000 miles away.

i would post but im still banned from trolling 6 months ago :p

The Supra Motors have 7 main bearings, the rods are forged and so is the crank.

It is probably the strongest "exploited" stock block ever put in a production car.

The Stock block has the potential to get an enthusiast in the high 9's with correct fuel system and turbo/cams.

From what I have gathered from these the TurboBuick forums, the 3.8GN engine is good for about 550HP with a girdle and a few other items... turbo, fuel system etc.... 550HP should get a TurboGN in the low 11's.

So there really is no comparison stock vs stock, one engine has the potential for 9's(Supra) and the other 11's(GN) in cars that are within a few hundred pounds from each other. While I always trust the saying 'there is no subsitute for cubic inches' in this case it simply does not apply.

So there really is no comparison stock vs stock, one engine has the potential for 9's(Supra) and the other 11's(GN) in cars that are within a few hundred pounds from each other. While I always trust the saying 'there is no subsitute for cubic inches' in this case it simply does not apply.

what about stage motors? what about the new ta block? and why in the hell are you trolling over here? you dont even own a supra or a gn.

thats why im damned glad that not alot of people know about gns, my bet is about half of the guys on that supra forum dont even own a supra.

Originally posted by topendcrusher

From what I have gathered from these the TurboBuick forums, the 3.8GN engine is good for about 550HP with a girdle and a few other items... turbo, fuel system etc.... 550HP should get a TurboGN in the low 11's.

Well there are a pretty good number of stock block full weight TRs in the 10's making 600-650hp and there are some in the 9's with the stock block, stock crank, and the stock rods making 700-800hp (some have girdled blocks but not all of them).... Just do a search on the guys that run in the TSM class (these cars are pretty much full weight weighing anywhere from 3400-3600lbs) like Jason Cramer, Roy Garcia, and Dave Bamford (all of these guys have 9 second stock block TRs running in TSM)....

There are other guys that I can think of that are running very low 10's and in the 9's with a stock block full weight TR or that have done it already, so to say they are only good for 550hp and low 11's is not true at all!!!

Go do some more research.......

Several buick guys have run 9s with stock block crank pistons etc etc. These runs were accomplished without girdles also. I did notice the 6 sec solaras are running with 1400 hp. Like ive said earlier the stage 2 motors have been up to 1700 hp. So yes the weight is a factor If duttwieler chose to pursue running lower times he could have accomplished it by running same weight as a solara. He chose to run turbo v8s which makes more sence to promote his business. The ferrari and lambo are all over priced to me. Guess why they are overpriced? Because I cant afford one. The viper is just right cause I can afford one. you get my drift. I will say one thing the supra guys impressed me with how they handled the buick motor in a supra question. They were much less upset then the buick guys were. that could mean 2 things, they are not quite as fanatical about their cars as we are or they realise how good the 3.8 motor is:) Remember the buick 6 was running 7 flat in 1985. Buddy said if he had a class to run in he would have continued to run the car. Imagine the times he would be running now with the improvements over the old mechanicle injection he was using then Low 6s anyone? Am I making excuses yes just like vinny ten was a lousy tuner :)

equalizer442 I agree

Its real easy for someone that doesn't own a GN or a TR to sit around and say how great it would be to do that swap. I mean I can sit here and say what a great idea a 3.8 swap into a supra would be but I don't own one. So its really easy to say go ahead and hack up the supra with a 3.8. If you don't know what its like to own a TR you shouldn't comment on how great it would be to molest one because you don't understand.

Originally posted by equalizer442
what about stage motors? what about the new ta block? and why in the hell are you trolling over here? you dont even own a supra or a gn.

thats why im damned glad that not alot of people know about gns, my bet is about half of the guys on that supra forum dont even own a supra.

Just trying to help this discussion along, trying to state facts sorry if I offended anyone. I did not know a GN can handle over 550 HP reliably with the stock block? So you guys say it can, you know best... If you want to put a Supra motor in your GN do it, you won't get any complaints from me.

Btw, you can pick up a new 2JZ-GTE short-block for 3000$

I wasn't going to respond to this thread, but I can't resist. My personal opinion is I could care less what motor is under the hood..... If it cranked out a reliable 1000 HP, I could care less who made it. The car would perform better than 99% of the other street cars out there and would put a smile on my face every time I layed into the throttle. :cool:

turbo buicks, wonder if you should post a link to Turbobuick.com for the Supra board? I am sure they would check out our comments! As I figured, their forum opinions were similar to ours, a bit more civil though. ;)