how about a supra motor in a GN?

wiked87gn

Banned
I wonder what kind of times our GN's would run with a 900hp supra motor in them, 60foots will be a lot better but would suffer mph, anybody know if this swap can be done, would be sweet to see it done, since supra motors are a lot stronger than GN motors imagine building a 1,000hp supra motor and drop it into a GN and let that baby rip. just a thought. :)

Originally posted by wiked87gn
I wonder what kind of times our GN's would run with a 900hp supra motor in them, 60foots will be a lot better but would suffer mph, anybody know if this swap can be done, would be sweet to see it done, since supra motors are a lot stronger than GN motors imagine building a 1,000hp supra motor and drop it into a GN and let that baby rip. just a thought. :)

The thought has crossed my mind a few times. My business is getting a bunch of front clops from Japan in. All SR20DETs, but the guys that own the container said they will have a few 2JZs. I would like to put one in a non TR Regal. That would be pretty dran interesting. There would be plenty of room in the engine compartment to work on the engine.:D

If anyone actually wants to try this, we would be more than glad to do the swap for you. Check out my site. Also check out LS Automotive to see what we do!!

Anyone have a price on a longblock?? I heard that 1k hp Supras are stock longblocks. Gotta be cheaper than a stage motor.

lol

How 'bout a GN engine and solid axle in a Supra. Take it to a NOPI show!:D

How about after you're done ruining a GN by installing a stoopra engine in it you step in front of a fast moving train? Hopefully you'd have pushed near enough to the tracks the train could get a lick in on that too.

Here's a real project for that Stoopra engine..... try a 1985 Monte Carlo??:eek:

:eek: EEK!!! Ya just had to know you were opening up all kinds a trouble by postin that one right?

I agree it might be cool if you're into that, in a NON turbo Regal. Or in an F-Body for that matter. But not to an actual TR please.

I wonder what kind of times our GN's would run with a 900hp supra motor in them, 60foots will be a lot better but would suffer mph

I think you got it back-ass-wards. 60' would be worse but trap speed a lot higher.

The torque curves on those dyno-queen supra motors aren't nearly as flat as our.

geez i was just having a thought, not i would ever do it, but as someone mentioned earlier, 1,000hp supra motors are a lot cheaper than a stageII motor, and the blocks are stock, all u gotta do is ad the fuel systems and a big A** turbo and bam ur there, you guys dont have any sense oh humor, if i had my way i would own a 1,000hp turbo supra myself for those annoying TR's on the freeway and take them from a 60mph roll anytime of the day. ;)

geez i was just having a thought, not i would ever do it, but as someone mentioned earlier, 1,000hp supra motors are a lot cheaper than a stageII motor, and the blocks are stock, all u gotta do is ad the fuel systems and a big A** turbo and bam ur there, you guys dont have any sense oh humor, if i had my way i would own a 1,000hp turbo supra myself for those annoying TR's on the freeway and take them from a 60mph roll anytime of the day. ;)

If you or anybody else think a 1000hp Supra motor (2JZ-GTE) is cheaper to build than a Stage II motor you are out of your f_cking mind!!!! The longblock from Toyota is abou $4500 - $5000 from what I heard so yes that is cheaper, however, a good single turbo kit (the highest quality one is from Sound-Performance) is about $6000, an upgraded fuel system is $2000 - $2500, and if you what an automatic to handle all of that 1000hp you will have to get a TH-400 that will bolt in from Sound-Performance and that is like $4000...... Now you still don't have en engine management system like an AEM, Haltech, or a FAST so add that to the price of your 1000hp Supra motor..... Also to make a 1000hp you will have to upgrade the cams as well as cam gears and I'm pretty sure from HKS they are about $2500 - $3000 for the kit..... Also if you talk to the Supra engine gurus they will tell you the stock rods will NOT handle a 1000hp for very long.... Basically guys what I'm telling you is it is NOT cheap to build a 2JZ-GTE motor to make and more importantly reliably handle 1000hp and it's not cheap to make a 1000hp with any motor for that matter!!!! Put down the crack pipes and join the rest of us in the real world.......

Man, you guys need to lighten up! Whats so bad about swapping in a faster motor? Is it because its not a buick motor? Its just parts. I don't see anyone criticizing Chris Chow for putting a CHEVY small block in his GN. But I guess thats because its fast, right? I'd be willing to bet that if someone did do this, and it put a serious hurtin' on your car, you'd sing a different tune.

Saying he needs to get hit by a train is just stupid. if TR's are so rare that we shouldn't tamper with them, you'd better start stripping off all those hi-po parts, cuz the general didn't put them there. Hybrid cars rock, and they take a lot more ingenuity and skill to build than an 11 second GN. While I agree that swapping the motor in a 500 mile original TR is a bad idea, there sure are a lot of TR's that have met worse fate. Like being owned by morons who ruin them, or being parted out.

lighten up. :rolleyes:

I agree, lighten up. Its just a thought.......although you are entitled to your own opinion. Just dont say he should get hit by a train! Do what you want, its your car!

ok so why is it sacrilege, look at the hybrid 240Z's running around with GN motors, so should the 240Z croud be going around saying Sh** like he should be run over by a train or that what he did was sacrilegeous, NOOoo, instead they say that they are bad ass cars, i would say that a 1000hp supra motor in a GN would rock and that is the bottom line, btw a 1000hp supra motor would be a lot cheaper to build than a stageII block for a GN, get serious, even if you find a Stage II block it will cost you anywhere between 15k to 20k just for the block itself. reality check there just the block alone will take your whole savings account.

ok so why is it sacrilege, look at the hybrid 240Z's running around with GN motors, so should the 240Z croud be going around saying Sh** like he should be run over by a train or that what he did was sacrilegeous, NOOoo, instead they say that they are bad ass cars, i would say that a 1000hp supra motor in a GN would rock and that is the bottom line, btw a 1000hp supra motor would be a lot cheaper to build than a stageII block for a GN, get serious, even if you find a Stage II block it will cost you anywhere between 15k to 20k just for the block itself. reality check there just the block alone will take your whole savings account.

Wow you are very VERY ignorant to think a Stage II block itself will cost you anywhere between 15K to 20K...... Please can somebody who has a Stage II car tell this guy how much a Stage II block sells for..... BTW, most of the Stage II guys spend between 15K to 20K to build a complete Stage II motor..... You REALLY have no clue what you are talking about:eek: :eek:

GNSCOTT, Artie, or anybody else with a Stage II car please tell this fool how much a Stage II block costs and how much it cost you to build a complete Stage II motor!!!!!!! I know what they sell for, but this moron won't believe me because I don't have one........

for your own info i have looked into it myself, a virgin stage II block offcenter will cost you about 15k to 20k if you can find one, i have done my homework perhaps you should do yours, and please no name calling you dont see me calling you names do you??

I have a question for you wiked87gn..... Did you ride on the short bus to school? This would at least explain something:)

Swaps are cool and all, but you do swaps for cars that have a crappy engine or a car thats a dime a dozen, not one that can put out the same amount of power for less. I get so tired of hearing constantly that "oh supras can put 1000 hp on a stock block and blah blah blah......." yeah I can put 500 hp though a stock 200-4r for a few runs but it won't last. The supra may survive a little abuse but its all irellivent when the rest of the package can't put the power to good use. You can build a TB Stage II motor for much less and get more power. Sorry if I'm not open to ideas like this but that just seems wrong to me.

for your own info i have looked into it myself, a virgin stage II block offcenter will cost you about 15k to 20k if you can find one, i have done my homework perhaps you should do yours, and please no name calling you dont see me calling you names do you??

OK please somebody tell this guy he is 100% wrong and tell him the real cost.... I have done research and I know what the On-Center and Off-Center blocks sell for (Virgin or not)...... You are WAY off on the price!!!!