Hooker mufflers: AeroChamber or Turbo?

hooker aero chamber mufflers

nice and quiet and good enough to flow 119 mph with a sound of authority at WOT. Like a heavy swooooosh:eek: :D

I have had Hooker Max Flows and they flow really good and sound good @ WOT! There use to be a flow chart floating around that compared all the mufflers.

nice and quiet and good enough to flow 119 mph with a sound of authority at WOT. Like a heavy swooooosh:eek: :D

The super turbo's are definitely quieter than the aerochambers.

I have the turbo flows on my daily, good enough to 120MPH thru the exhaust;)

Maxflows flow and sound much better than the aerochambers. The hooker kit comes with Aerochambers , so most folks keep them. It is a very nice muffler. Ive had them both. I found the Aerochamber louder than the Maxflow.

The hooker turbo style muffler is not straight thru and it is more restrictive. Still a good muffler. Turbo mufflers in my experience tend to drone more in TR's.
I have installed a turbo style Dynomax on my TTA as a test . Just trying to see if that style of exhaust drones less with a turbo muffler.

OK, enuf already...

Regarding Hookers:

MaxFlows (MFs) flow more than AeroChambers (ACs) which flow more than Super Competitions (Turbo ?)(SCs). I did see the flow numbers once upon a time but don't remember (or really care) for now.SCs will drone more than ACs and MFs will likely drone more than AC's also. SCs are not black--ACs are black. I don't know much "personal info" re: MFers...

I have the Hooker SCs because my system is so old that SCs were furnished as standard on their 2.5" dual systems"back then"...I believe ACs are now std w/ their 2.5" dual system and are hard to beat. You can talk to "them" re: upgrading ACs to MFers in "todays dual system"...

Many have degraded the Super Comps as junk/ trash/ garbage/ whatever--but I can't justify replacing mufflers that just "keep on ticking"...and, I kinda like the tone & they're not too drony for me...

As many have said before, turbo powered vehicles do not need/like back-pressure. Just write-off that info source as a loss regarding TBs & TTAs.