Hello Kitty

what about mechanical changes that fools the ECM.
A map sensor deliberately calibrated OFF a few pounds
Adding timing via sensor adjustment

Thank you for the lead.

No problemo.

If Cal can't help with the stock setup and if their is no existing Fast system that will work with the Hell Cat you may want to suggest to the makers of the xfi , that there is a whole bunch of hellcat owners just itching to make their cars as fast as a grand national :p so a xfi for tuning them would sell pretty good,maybe see if Cal would suggest it to them too because i think he sells ,installs and tunes alot of them.
If there is anybody on the Hell Cat site willing to use their car as a HellGuinea Pig :)for fast xfi system development ,let them know that too.
Just a thought.

What about regular hemi challengers is their any kind of stand alone system out there yet ?
It may just be the way around the warranty/tuning issue.

Last edited:
I hate to tell you guys this but, Enjoyment>warranty. For those that have a set of balls, you only live once...;)

Don't worry! it doesn't go down on your permanent record.:p

Mike B.

On Hartline's site it says the xfi works on the 5.7 hemi .
If it won't work on the 6.2 Hellcat as is, then i would think it wouldn't be too hard to make some adjustments so that it would.

Last edited:
I still can't believe that there's not some easy lbs to be shed on those felines. How many hundreds of pounds of sound deadening do you think they have to make them sound pretty?

I'm not sure if these numbers will hold true for them, but typically every 100 lbs removed will take about a tenth off the 1/4 mile ET.

Thought of removing matting, rear seats, some audio equipment, smaller tire up front and a smaller battery for race day, should be good for 500lbs

If the car is e85 compatible, than injectors are large enough for gas and some added boost.
Anyone try running one of these things on e85?
A very small nozzle after the IC, activated via relay and tapped in the fuel rail on e85 will remove lots of complications imo.

Good question, I just ordered a meth kit. I do not think you can change timing without a tune. Once I get the car baseline, I will screw with the meth. Need more seat time and to become a better racer.

Whose kit did you buy?
Some kits are designed to use the window cleaner fluid bottle to hold the meth in.
I used a 5 gal tank that hides in the spare tire well instead.

How did you get that tranny to work, tried everything in my vette and it shifts like shiit, takes forever in manual mode sometimes hit rev limiter before it shifts and I shift at 5800

Tune does it all, but not until somebody breaks into the "very well protected" ECU on the late model Mopars.

If somebody has gotten into the ECM, then they have probably gotten into the tranny also.

You guys read about the Hennessey HPE850 package he offers for the Hellcat? 4 or 5 mods picked up 142hp! He did find a way around the ECU...he replaced it. Lol.

That would probably be at the crank and not RWHP.
That would also be on 93 or better Texas gas & not puny 91.
Just because they made that much HP does not mean that
they are going to give you that much going out the door.
Most of their packages carry a 3 year, 30K mile warranty,
So plan on getting a canned tune so that they can verify
the tune if you ever need warranty work.
I had a HP700 package done on my '09 Cad CTS-V.
I would tell you how much rear RWHP & / or RWTQ
I got out of that package but I don't want you to see a
grown man cry. Their dyno could be a tad optimistic
too.
Wasn't all bad though. For $18.5K I got this really
bitching set of seat head covers embriodered in
white with the Hennessey name/logo on them.

That would probably be at the crank and not RWHP.
That would also be on 93 or better Texas gas & not puny 91.
Just because they made that much HP does not mean that
they are going to give you that much going out the door.
Most of their packages carry a 3 year, 30K mile warranty,
So plan on getting a canned tune so that they can verify
the tune if you ever need warranty work.
I had a HP700 package done on my '09 Cad CTS-V.
I would tell you how much rear RWHP & / or RWTQ
I got out of that package but I don't want you to see a
grown man cry. Their dyno could be a tad optimistic
too.
Wasn't all bad though. For $18.5K I got this really
bitching set of seat head covers embriodered in
white with the Hennessey name/logo on them.
Yup. 741rwhp. Dyno video is up on their site.
Lmao about the embroidered headrests. Hennessey is great for that.

Last edited:
I hate to tell you guys this but, Enjoyment>warranty. For those that have a set of balls, you only live once...;)

Don't worry! it doesn't go down on your permanent record.:p

Mike B.

I have one of those.......... much to my college "advisor's" chagrin....... it hasn't really held me back all that much....

Yup. 741rwhp. Dyno video is up on their site.
Lmao about the embroidered headrests. Hennessey is great for that.

Well, somebody's cheating somewhere, because most peeps on the Challenger Hellcat forums are reporting about 640 RWHP, I believe.
It appears that HPE used what would normally be a estimated RWHP from a auto transmission vehicle that did produce 717 at the crank
in lieu of what the true RWHP was.

Last edited:
you guys are invited to MIR dragstrip in Maryland, we rented the track on Thursday, October 29, 2015. I started a new thread it events section. Please take a look and let me know if you are interested

Thanks for the invite!

I'm a bit far away, though.... PHX, AZ.

Hopefully some of the MAGNA or East Coast guys from the southern seaboard will take you up on your offer.

There is an event at Wild Horse Pass in Chandler, AZ this weekend, will any Kitty Cats be attending?

I might be able to rustle a couple of guys to meet up out there.... ????