Hello Kitty

There's probably half a second or more without adding any power to an otherwise stock Hellcat with some tires and practice. An owner that didn't care about the warranty could really exploit the potential of the engine. There are huge gains in the blower. Also huge gains with high octane fuel. Using an oxygenated 100+ octane unleaded with smaller blower pulley and suspension and tires should net 9's. Building a heavily modded one with a turbocharger and some dedicated engine parts will probably show a 1000hp increase in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Bison, really good advice. You Buick guys got to understand, many Hellcat owners never owned a supercharged engine before.

Hellcat people,
First off, welcome to the site. As long as this can remain a constructive rivalry, both camps will prosper from the shared knowledge. I'm sure that we'll have much to learn from each other.
For years, we've been having combined shows and some dyno meets with the Cad-V guys. Some of us here have Cad-Vs. It has been a great thing. At our average car show, most cars fall into the 9 to 12 second categories. Having events (shows, dyno, drags) with other worthy opponents will push both sides to learn, and better themselves and their cars.

One reason I think you guys came up in our cross hairs, is that you guys are now in the shoes that we (or our cars) were in thirty years ago.
We enjoyed the years of having the title of being the fastest production car made in the USA. The Cad V guys know this honor also. Enjoy these days. They wont last forever. Someone faster always seems to come along...

Happy boosting...:)

Mike Barnard

The Challenger 707, or the smaller hemi will be better matched to the current mods of the new Vette or the Cad V's mods.
My '09 Cad V A6 tranny (auto & 6 speed tranny) lays down 695 RWHP & about 660 RWTQ on a Dynojet on SAE correction factor.
CAI, 2 or 3 sizes up on lower pulley, stock upper pulley, Hennessey cam, heads, valve train work, Kook's headers (catless) thru stock
rear muffs (22" resonators to lessen the sound harshness), AlkyControl methanol injection, D. Steck E-85 flex fuel conversion (limited
to 47% E-85 due to current injector size), ZL1 blower lid assy. motor & tranny tune. I am sure that I have forgotten some stuff, too. I'm sure that some of
the basic modding principles from the turbo Buick mods will help considerable, but I think that all in all, the Mopars will come
closer the mods of the current day Vettes & Cad-V's. I'm also sure that I will get a lot of crap from the TB crowd for posting this,
but it's what I think. SPOOLFOOL2 has driven my V, and I am sure that he will say how strong or not strong my V actually is.
I would think that a CAI, pulley swap, tune, & maybe an injector increase should put the 707 at about 800+ RWHP pretty easy.
Thanks Gary,

I think I am at the right place, you make alot of helpful suggestions, love it, but these guys have decades of experience with forced induction engines. Guys come over and post or become vendor, how many mopar guys really know forced induction?

Underrated, I ran 11.17 @ 124.7 mph (I am not fast, first time out) and that equates to 667HP at the wheels, the engine is really in the 750 HP range from the factory. Yes, my Cat is stock. This is backed up with numerous dyno pulls. Most Cats are between 660 and 680 HP at the wheels. Some of your guys do not get it, the Hellcat will be modded with or without your help and the HP will be crazy large. You guys can help or not. Your choice. We have asked for it, if the answer is no, ok, but do not say we did not ask.

Do you guys have a tech section to discuss mods in ?

Back in response to the requests earlier in this post...

Ninja Kill.....he had buzzed me once up the road a bit and basically begged me to kill him.

AMG SL65 Freeway Kill...I had given him a horse sneeze earlier to get his attention. Then he took a run on me and then gave up when I started to pull on him.

Hellcat people,
First off, welcome to the site. As long as this can remain a constructive rivalry, both camps will prosper from the shared knowledge. I'm sure that we'll have much to learn from each other.
For years, we've been having combined shows and some dyno meets with the Cad-V guys. Some of us here have Cad-Vs. It has been a great thing. At our average car show, most cars fall into the 9 to 12 second categories. Having events (shows, dyno, drags) with other worthy opponents will push both sides to learn, and better themselves and their cars.

One reason I think you guys came up in our cross hairs, is that you guys are now in the shoes that we (or our cars) were in thirty years ago.
We enjoyed the years of having the title of being the fastest production car made in the USA. The Cad V guys know this honor also. Enjoy these days. They wont last forever. Someone faster always seems to come along...

Happy boosting...:)

Mike Barnard
Mike,

I appreciate that, I am here for help modding our cars. I am looking forward to some of the Buick guys to participate in the thread for Buicks is there in the Hellcat forum, I started it. Yes we can race, but I am here for to say there is an opportunity for the knowledge you guys have. Trying to get these cars fast, sub 10 seconds from a very heavy car needs lots of HP. I have already stated my time slip first time (11.17). Come see the Hellcat site, and compare it to here, very little aftermarket, this is the wild west, an opportunity for all to gain.

Not here to screw with your forum, I am Cole3986 in the hellcat forum. Just trying to build some bridges and learn a thing or two. The same message was stated in the Hellcat forum regarding Buicks. Of course we will race. That is what we do

Weren't the GNs over priced for their time?
The times have definitely caught up with the V6.
It only took 25 plus years.

He did pretty damn good for new $70K+ factory race car.

It's really not a factory race car, though it would be a shame not to race it.
They are everyday drivable,run cool,have every creature comfort known to man,burn clean without having the stink of a catless(No pun intended)car going for all out hp,run on pump gas,have reasonable gearing and an overdrive trans,are very comfortable,reliable and reasonably quiet .I'm sure they purr like a kitten ( Pun intended ) at a stop light and drive like a normal everyday car until you romp on it.
Not really the description of a factory race car, They just happen to have 700 plus hp and go like a mofo.

Now this is Dodge's Factory race car being sold to the public and it runs in the 8's at over 150 mph .

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015...-pak-sounds-wicked-burns-out-nearly-loses-it/

Last edited:
What about spraying meth in a hell cat? any way you can add timing along with boost and octane?

Aaaaaaah....I'm getting all misty....everyone is playing nice.
GROUP HUG!!!!
....no touching my McNuggets....:chicken:
Meanchicken,

It looks like you are a low 10 second car, maybe more. Obviously you know a thing or two about forced induction. Please take a venture to the dark side and offer a point or two. It is Ok, you are not helping the enemy, just helping car guys outo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

What about spraying meth in a hell cat? any way you can add timing along with boost and octane?
Good question, I just ordered a meth kit. I do not think you can change timing without a tune. Once I get the car baseline, I will screw with the meth. Need more seat time and to become a better racer.

The Challenger 707, or the smaller hemi will be better matched to the current mods of the new Vette or the Cad V's mods.
My '09 Cad V A6 tranny (auto & 6 speed tranny) lays down 695 RWHP & about 660 RWTQ on a Dynojet on SAE correction factor.
CAI, 2 or 3 sizes up on lower pulley, stock upper pulley, Hennessey cam, heads, valve train work, Kook's headers (catless) thru stock
rear muffs (22" resonators to lessen the sound harshness), AlkyControl methanol injection, D. Steck E-85 flex fuel conversion (limited
to 47% E-85 due to current injector size), ZL1 blower lid assy. motor & tranny tune. I am sure that I have forgotten some stuff, too. I'm sure that some of
the basic modding principles from the turbo Buick mods will help considerable, but I think that all in all, the Mopars will come
closer the mods of the current day Vettes & Cad-V's. I'm also sure that I will get a lot of crap from the TB crowd for posting this,
but it's what I think. SPOOLFOOL2 has driven my V, and I am sure that he will say how strong or not strong my V actually is.
I would think that a CAI, pulley swap, tune, & maybe an injector increase should put the 707 at about 800+ RWHP pretty easy.
How did you get that tranny to work, tried everything in my vette and it shifts like shiit, takes forever in manual mode sometimes hit rev limiter before it shifts and I shift at 5800

It's really not a factory race car, though it would be a shame not to race it.
They are everyday drivable,run cool,have every creature comfort known to man,burn clean without having the stink of a catless(No pun intended)car going for all out hp,run on pump gas,have reasonable gearing and an overdrive trans,are very comfortable,reliable and reasonably quiet .I'm sure they purr like a kitten ( Pun intended ) at a stop light and drive like a normal everyday car until you romp on it.
Not really the description of a factory race car, They just happen to have 700 plus hp and go like a mofo.

Now this is Dodge's Factory race car being sold to the public and it runs in the 8's at over 150 mph .

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015...-pak-sounds-wicked-burns-out-nearly-loses-it/
The Cat will do 23 mpg on the highway in econo mode (it limits the HP is less than 500 HP and changes the shift points). I have done it on a drive to Vermont driving between 74 and 84 mph ( well I averaged 22).

There has to be at least 5-6 lbs more Boost in the HC from the ECU, but no one has mapped all the data point and module limits yet, I figure 6-12 months and we'll see 800HP from this motor, maybe grenade the tranny too but the HP needs to be unlocked at the ECU.

Guys,
It was posted on our site, why don't you guys help us with modding the supercharger in the Hellcat. You guys have a lot of experience, the Cat is new. Most of use have little experience with a supercharged engine. Maybe TurboLou sees a new market? Why help? Well I hope to help another car guy out but also for the money. Yes, you can treat us as the enemy but the aftermarket will catch up and these cars will be in the low 9's shortly. Just a thought.

You may want to talk to Cal at Hartline performance, when i asked him about tuning my supercharged Dodge Ram he said he actually has tuned alot of Dodges i believe he was talking about the Challengers and Chargers ,it was a couple years ago.
My Dodge had an aftermarket Fast engine control system though.
I think he would be the one to talk to, he is know as a Top notch tuner and he will come to you and do the Tune.
Generally what happens is you get a few owners together to make it cheaper for everyone and split the cost to fly him out and do the tuning.
He does this all the time with the Turbo Regals and is big on tuning the Fast Engine management systems.
I Don't know if he can help you out with the Hellcats or not but there is one way to find out.

On this same subject is it possible to use a Fast xfi system on the hellcat to get around trying to hack the Factory computer ???????????
If it can be used then maybe, just maybe if you needed to get work done under warranty the factory unhacked unmessed with computer could be hooked back up and no one would be the wiser.
All this sounds good in theory and may lead to dead ends but worth looking into.
As i said my Supercharged Dodge was running on a Fast System (Classic style not the newer xfi) and Cal was able to tune it.

Here is his Site, Let us know what he says.

http://www.hartlineperformance.com/

You may want to talk to Cal at Hartline performance, when i asked him about tuning my supercharged Dodge Ram he said he actually has tuned alot of Dodges i believe he was talking about the Challengers and Chargers ,it was a couple years ago.
I think he would be the one to talk to, he is know as a Top notch tuner and he will come to you and do the Tune.
Generally what happens is you get a few owners together to make it cheaper for everyone and split the cost to fly him out and do the tuning.
He does this all the time with the Turbo Regals and is big on tuning the Fast Engine management systems.
I Don't know if he can help you out with the Hellcats or not but there is one way to find out.

On this same subject is it possible to use a Fast xfi system on the hellcat to get around trying to hack the Factory computer ???????????
If it can be used then maybe, just maybe if you needed to get work done under warranty the factory unhacked unmessed with computer could be hooked back up and no one would be the wiser.
All this sounds good in theory and may lead to dead ends but worth looking into.
As i said my Supercharged Dodge was running on a Fast System (Classic style not the newer xfi) and Cal was able to tune it.

Worth a call

Thank you for the lead.