Hello Kitty

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
Dropped my son off at his job and decided to go cruise around....see what I could rustle up for supper.
Topped off the tank at Chevron, methanol was topped off earlier in the day, so I started cruising around.

An hour went by and nothing was happening.
Everything worthy of a whuppin' was going the other way today...grrrrrrrr....
I took out a little frustration on a Tacoma and a IS350 who were trying to show each other what's what, but still felt like I was holding in a massive fart or something....

I was about to head back to the ranch when while sitting at a light, an M5 takes off hot down the road across the intersection. I'm hoping he'll catch a red so I can get him...but he disappears never to be seen again.

Sitting at another light I see a 2005 Stang GT coming up behind me....but then he moves to the turn lane and goes away.

Just as the light turns green, I look in the mirrors again and see a blacked out Challenger with the Hellcat hood coming up behind me.
He's at least 200 yards back so I sit on the green to hold it for him....wanting to make sure he gets through.
Close enough so I start accelerating and hold her in 2nd gear waiting.
Just as he comes along side I nail it and get this attention leaving him a few lengths behind.
He nails it too but there's a red ahead so we let out.
We roll up on the light and just as we get stopped the light goes green and we're off.
I quickly get about 3 lengths on him and then just hold him there until at least a 1/4 mile are up.

Next red he's next to me:
Him: I like it!
Me: It's just a little V6, but it can do damage:angelic:
Him: :confused:

Light turns green and we go....he loses again by 3...

Next light:
Him: I can't do from dead stop...no traction...:bucktooth:
Me: I rolled into it for ya so it's was a pretty fair launch
Him: :wideyed:
Me: tee hee
Him: [As he looks at my drag radials for his next excuse] Yah but....you have better tires...
Me: OK...tee hee....let's go from a roll this time
Him:Oh...OK....:whistle:

I manually shift to 1st and wait
Light goes green and we roll into it. Just after I manually shift into 2nd (20mph or so) he goes all in and I go with him.
He got out about a half length with the jump and then I reeled him in until door to door
We stayed like that for over a 1/4 mile and then had to let out...
A tie from a roll.

So there....finally vanquished a 2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
2 - 0 - 1:chicken:

He did pretty damn good for new $70K+ factory race car.

We need the kill videos back up...please repost...thanks Mike

Guys,
It was posted on our site, why don't you guys help us with modding the supercharger in the Hellcat. You guys have a lot of experience, the Cat is new. Most of use have little experience with a supercharged engine. Maybe TurboLou sees a new market? Why help? Well I hope to help another car guy out but also for the money. Yes, you can treat us as the enemy but the aftermarket will catch up and these cars will be in the low 9's shortly. Just a thought.

The one thing your cars need other than traction is weight loss. Don't know how much can be done but if you could drop about 600 or so pounds it would make a huge difference. Of course not saying anything new.

traction, yes, weight loss, not going to happen. Thus, need to get more HP to address. Need to get HP over 800 HP at the wheels to get in the mid to low 9's. That is where you guys come in, forced induction tuning.

Guys,
It was posted on our site, why don't you guys help us with modding the supercharger in the Hellcat. You guys have a lot of experience, the Cat is new. Most of use have little experience with a supercharged engine. Maybe TurboLou sees a new market? Why help? Well I hope to help another car guy out but also for the money. Yes, you can treat us as the enemy but the aftermarket will catch up and these cars will be in the low 9's shortly. Just a thought.
This may not be the case as soon as you think. If you re-flash your controller it will show up in the powertrain controller data logs and you stand a good chance of voiding your powertrain warranty. If you change sensors etc. it could show up in the data logs and void your warranty.

This may not be the case as soon as you think. If you re-flash your controller it will show up in the powertrain controller data logs and you stand a good chance of voiding your powertrain warranty. If you change sensors etc. it could show up in the data logs and void your warranty.
Oh, I agree, a tune voids the warranty, absolutely. However, some of us are tuning and going for it. The record for the fastest non tune Cat is 10.3 in the quarter. Forget the warranty, pulleys are being installed to spin the supercharger faster (i.e. more boost). The fastest cat with a tune is 10 flat in really hot weather. It appears that mid 9's are on almost there. You guys have decades of experience on forced induction, your experience would be useful. The aftermarket is very limited, the gains are being made the hard way. How about some help?

That was a good line up. Rough numbers:
Buick GN @ roughly 3600lbs and according to mean chicken set up 600hp @ the crank. Thats 333.33HP/ton
Hellcat @ roughly 4400lbs and according to published 707hp (not sure @ crank) Thats 321.36HP/ton

Cool.

Oh, I agree, a tune voids the warranty, absolutely. However, some of us are tuning and going for it. The record for the fastest non tune Cat is 10.3 in the quarter. Forget the warranty, pulleys are being installed to spin the supercharger faster (i.e. more boost). The fastest cat with a tune is 10 flat in really hot weather. It appears that mid 9's are on almost there. You guys have decades of experience on forced induction, your experience would be useful. The aftermarket is very limited, the gains are being made the hard way. How about some help?
Wow. How do you guys hit 10s and 9s on a track safely? Rollcage installed?

That was a good line up. Rough numbers:
Buick GN @ roughly 3600lbs and according to mean chicken set up 600hp @ the crank. Thats 333.33HP/ton
Hellcat @ roughly 4400lbs and according to published 707hp (not sure @ crank) Thats 321.36HP/ton

Cool.
Underrated, I ran 11.17 @ 124.7 mph (I am not fast, first time out) and that equates to 667HP at the wheels, the engine is really in the 750 HP range from the factory. Yes, my Cat is stock. This is backed up with numerous dyno pulls. Most Cats are between 660 and 680 HP at the wheels. Some of your guys do not get it, the Hellcat will be modded with or without your help and the HP will be crazy large. You guys can help or not. Your choice. We have asked for it, if the answer is no, ok, but do not say we did not ask.

Wow. How do you guys hit 10s and 9s on a track safely? Rollcage installed?
NHRA
NHRA changed the rules for the car. As long as over 10 flat in the quarter no cage needed. If the factory states that it is safe, then NHRA is good with it. NHRA has certified the car at 10.80 with DR, from the factory and 11.2 with street tires. (not Dodge but NHRA). If you do not believe me, please google it.

Underrated, I ran 11.17 @ 124.7 mph (I am not fast, first time out) and that equates to 667HP at the wheels, the engine is really in the 750 HP range from the factory. Yes, my Cat is stock. This is backed up with numerous dyno pulls. Most Cats are between 660 and 680 HP at the wheels. Some of your guys do not get it, the Hellcat will be modded with or without your help and the HP will be crazy large. You guys can help or not. Your choice. We have asked for it, if the answer is no, ok, but do not say we did not ask.
Apply to your cars and your tune what countless fast TR owners have done. What helps with more boost?

OK, with boost need bigger intercoolers and bigger fuel injectors/fuel supply to address knock/detonation and leaning out.

There's probably half a second or more without adding any power to an otherwise stock Hellcat with some tires and practice. An owner that didn't care about the warranty could really exploit the potential of the engine. There are huge gains in the blower. Also huge gains with high octane fuel. Using an oxygenated 100+ octane unleaded with smaller blower pulley and suspension and tires should net 9's. Building a heavily modded one with a turbocharger and some dedicated engine parts will probably show a 1000hp increase in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys,

The Challenger 707, or the smaller hemi will be better matched to the current mods of the new Vette or the Cad V's mods.
My '09 Cad V A6 tranny (auto & 6 speed tranny) lays down 695 RWHP & about 660 RWTQ on a Dynojet on SAE correction factor.
CAI, 2 or 3 sizes up on lower pulley, stock upper pulley, Hennessey cam, heads, valve train work, Kook's headers (catless) thru stock
rear muffs (22" resonators to lessen the sound harshness), AlkyControl methanol injection, D. Steck E-85 flex fuel conversion (limited
to 47% E-85 due to current injector size), ZL1 blower lid assy. motor & tranny tune. I am sure that I have forgotten some stuff, too. I'm sure that some of
the basic modding principles from the turbo Buick mods will help considerable, but I think that all in all, the Mopars will come
closer the mods of the current day Vettes & Cad-V's. I'm also sure that I will get a lot of crap from the TB crowd for posting this,
but it's what I think. SPOOLFOOL2 has driven my V, and I am sure that he will say how strong or not strong my V actually is.
I would think that a CAI, pulley swap, tune, & maybe an injector increase should put the 707 at about 800+ RWHP pretty easy.