Got my TA 61 From Chops1972 today tell me what you think?

BobbyBuick

Sellers ADD purchased 11.27.11
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/ta-61-375-shipped.365228/
.004 end play 8000 miles?
Picture 016.jpg
Picture 017.jpg
Picture 018.jpg
Picture 019.jpg
Picture 020.jpg

Attachments

• Picture 021.jpg
    Picture 021.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
Does not look like a TA "stock appearing" turbo in my opinion. Don't forget that they tighten up a little with added oil.

Nix

Looks like the t350 ex wheel with a to4e 60 trim compressor. I think Precision sold those as a PT51? Anyway the compressor appears to have contacted the compressor housing and .004 is on the high side of any spec for a journal bearing configuration. The only way the wheel can hit the housings like that is if the journal bearings, journal, or housing (or a combination) are worn. Great packing job btw.

Bobby the turbo works amazing!!! And yes it does have 8k on it the car was sitting for 7yrs before. I bought it any questions you have my number I know what that turbo has and what it can do!!!!

Thats not a stock appearing turbo. Those are TA's, thats a TE.

Call Precision. The turbo should have a serial number on the compressor housing. They can tell you how old it is.

Maybe that turbo does only have 8K on it but if thats the case, Id like to see what the rest of the engine bay looked like. And yea, it does look like the wheel hit the housing at some point but that could be camera trickery so maybe not.

Bobby am only going by what was told was on the car when I bought it!!!!nd that's the gods honest truth I have no problem bobby refunding the money yu have my number if its. A te then you know more than me bobby I just. Got into the buicks when I bought it

And the engine bay is lovely jay

If thats the case, dude.. that turbo doesnt have 8K on it. Im not ragging you out or anything.. if you were told it had 8k on it then so be it but it appears to have much more. You were apparently given bad information.

Mileage shouldnt matter on a turbo. They dont fail because of mileage.

Jay I know I was lied to when I bough it he said I had forged pistons and a few other things that he lied to me about !!! Check my earliar posts from last year and you will see the questions I was asking about the car including the turbo I have . Dave husek told me its a ta61!!!!! Like I said am not here to screw bobby I have no problem sending the man his money I have caused him enough stress over this that's the best I can do jay

It don't matter anyway if its a TE send it back what's fair is fair and bison you know I just got into these cars after all you have tought me about them

Jay I know I was lied to when I bough it he said I had forged pistons and a few other things that he lied to me about !!! Check my earliar posts from last year and you will see the questions I was asking about the car including the turbo I have . Dave husek told me its a ta61!!!!! Like I said am not here to screw bobby I have no problem sending the man his money I have caused him enough stress over this that's the best I can do jay

I completely understand and Im not insinuating that at all. It sucks when that kind of stuff happens.

Bison you remember that block is sold you?? And you told me its not from a turbo regal ? Well that extra block came from the guy I bought the car from I did not know the difference between turbo pistons and NA pistons still learning guys