Got a carb turbo torn apart and

The rockers are self adjusting. Keep the old cam for a backup, That's what I did with my stocker. Make sure you get new pushrods beings you didn't keep them in order. ANd also do the high volume oil pump when it goes back together. You may want to check shaft play on the turbo beings you have everything apart. Putting a bad turbo on a new motor sucks, trust me I know:rolleyes:

My old oil pump is shot so I was going to upgrade it anyways. What is the difference between the stock one and the hi flow one? Is the housing larger? All I saw with the kit was a replacment gear assembelly and nothing to enlarge the housing. How do they make it high flow?

the hi vol contains a spacer and a larger gear and different springs for different psi..i know i chose the spring for 70 psi

Well, Didnt get anything done this weekend. Kinda under a prepare for a flood stage. All of the snow we got melting all at once fills up the rivers and everything. Got all my accesories painted. I promised pictures so here they are. The heads and everthing else are outside somewere. I was too lazy to walk outside.
Shiny!
picture198.jpg

picture199.jpg

Keep your feet dry. We're suposta have rain here tomorow and I hope it's not to bad. Keep safe and get in the boat. LOL

Heard we might get evacuated! If ya dont hear me for a few days, either my house is under water, or im somewhere not wet!

Thanks for the concern. Didnt get E-vaced today. More rain tonight to an already full river. Got some sandbagging done today, tomorrow will be a test for sure! Got our basement empty, and the car is on a trailer so its OK :D Hope I can stay dry tonight!

U-oh

Thanks for the concern. Didnt get E-vaced today. More rain tonight to an already full river. Got some sandbagging done today, tomorrow will be a test for sure! Got our basement empty, and the car is on a trailer so its OK :D Hope I can stay dry tonight!

I told you...GET IN THE BOAT!:biggrin: I'd get the h*ll out of there if you could and grab everything you can in the process.

Well the river is going down from here but theres still a ton of water out there. Took a tour today and saw a friends house has water in the basement. It isnt over yet!

Getting on topic, got a machine shop report. The crank turned out to be shot. The rebuild kit is quoted at around $442 with pistons, HF oil pump, timing chain, bearings ect. The crank and rod berring total is $192. Labor for boreing the block, resising 6 rods, and pushing in the cam berrings is $160. I'm just wondering if I can get a rebuild kit any cheeper anywhere else. I checked summit and they didnt have any carb turbo stuff. Is there any suppliers with a quote for a rebuild kit?

Were the pre 82 rods week or something? Ive got an $800 budget and the rebuild kit and labor is alone $790.

Would the rebuild kit be a "Vin A RWD 1979-1985 14 bolt oil pan"
Or a "Vin-3 1978-11/30/82 FWD 14 bolt oil pan"

I know this is a Vin 3 motor but the only vin 3 listed is for a FWD without a turbo?

The guy from the machine shop said the kit he priced had the good gaskets and everything else like that.