GNX Wheel House Trap Door

Cannot wait to see photos as well. Good job!!
Conrad

The Wheelhouse Extension tooling is completed and a first shot part is curing in the tool tonight. I will go there and take some pictures and give you additional information tomorrow. I love when a plan comes together.:D

First part off the tool....several sets of parts to be completed by next Tuesday that is when I will pick them up.

I will then finish the templates a get them ready to ship...I will add more pictures of the process of making these parts in the next few days....
DSCN1826.JPG
DSCN1829.JPG
DSCN1830.JPG

I cannot wait! I need to get my set and install them so I can get wheel specs figured out and order my CCW's!
Conrad

anyone know how big a front tires these will enable? 295's or 315's? Wheels will be 18" diameter.
Conrad

I cannot wait! I need to get my set and install them so I can get wheel specs figured out and order my CCW's!
Conrad

Almost forgot…. I will make one Carbon Fiber part for everyone review...approximately $80 additional for a set.

What is weight difference from regular and carbon fiber fender extension?
Conrad

What is weight difference from regular and carbon fiber fender extension?
Conrad

It will not be much of a difference, but I will let you know when I get them made.

Sorry if I missed it, but my question is regarding the plastic inner wheel well. What happens with this when the wheel extension is put in place? Do you have any finished pics of inside the wheel well when this is installed on a car? Brilliant concept gents, I will be putting this on my bucket list. I have already installed my DA Afco's up front, but would be looking at this when I want to add the coil overs to this and bring it down a couple inches.

Sorry if I missed it, but my question is regarding the plastic inner wheel well. What happens with this when the wheel extension is put in place? Do you have any finished pics of inside the wheel well when this is installed on a car? Brilliant concept gents, I will be putting this on my bucket list. I have already installed my DA Afco's up front, but would be looking at this when I want to add the coil overs to this and bring it down a couple inches.

If I understand your question correctly, there is no revision to the plastic inner fender at the top. There is a patch added at the back. The inner steel panel is cut out and the extension is added at the top. I will show a picture of the completed assembly after I get the parts from the manufacturer. But you can take a look at reply 41 you will get an idea. You can also see the bolt hole for mounting the plastic panel above the revised steel panel. Hope that helps

I just ordered the wheelhouse extensions. I don't need the patch panels as my tires aren't that close but since I put drop spindles in a couple of weeks ago the tires, especially the right, rub the upper fender corner when I hit a large dip. Also ordered rear lowering springs.

I just ordered the wheelhouse extensions. I don't need the patch panels as my tires aren't that close but since I put drop spindles in a couple of weeks ago the tires, especially the right, rub the upper fender corner when I hit a large dip. Also ordered rear lowering springs.

Thanks ....will have another udate on the parts later today..

Update??????
Conrad
ps...I just put a 285-30-18 tire in the front fender well on my 84GN. That tire takes up a lot of room! Has anyone done this?

Update??????
Conrad
ps...I just put a 285-30-18 tire in the front fender well on my 84GN. That tire takes up a lot of room! Has anyone done this?

I have three sets but they are not fully completed. I need to make instruction and do some final trimming and add holes. I will be working on them most of the day Friday as I have the day off my regular job. I will post some pictures also.

The picture shows the first part in it's installed position. I have started making the templates and will use them to put the extension on the passenger side fender for final verification . I will also use this opportunity to make a video of the installation.
Extnsion1.JPG
to make a video of the installation.

The lip ends up being 3/4 inch wide.....but you can roll the the lip up and only have approximately and 1/8 inch at the top.

Ray, When will everything be ready to ship? We need to get on with it. I will be ready to order my wheels late next week! Have you mentioned the price yet? Conrad

The lip ends up being 3/4 inch wide.....but you can roll the the lip up and only have approximately and 1/8 inch at the top.
Very nice, cant wait to get them installed. I made a one piece bumper/spoiler/ intercooler scoop out of fiberglass years ago. It's Incredible how long it took to make. I don't think some people realize the amount of work it takes to prototype and produce a part, any part, especially when you have another real job.

Thanks.