GNX Wheel House Trap Door

Update….. The Wheelhouse Patch panels are complete and Scot will be putting them on his sight shortly. I have fabricated six sets and can make six more if needed. If you are using this for a GNX let me know so I do not add the attachment holes. (the production holes vary slightly for each vehicle)

As you can see I the pictures attached I picked up a set of fenders to continue working on the Front Wheelhouse Extensions. I am using my prototype GNX Extension to mock up the new design without the GNX Flares. I marked up the changes I needed to make and will be getting them made next week. These new parts will be made out of a combination of several Fiberglass materials and will use adhesive to attach to the outer fender (that will be provided with the kit) along with rivets to attach to the inner fender.

The pictures you see shown the Fenders off the vehicle but you will be able to make these revisions without taking them off.
fender with cutout.JPG
fender with patch.JPG

Just ordered both the patch panels and extensions from Scot. Thank you again.

Thank you...planning on making a video for the installation of the extensions or still photos at the least. I plan on getting this completes after I get the first parts. I also need to make some templates that will be part of the kit.

Is the wheelhouse extension steel or fiberglass?
Conrad

Rick,
I just talked to Scot about your front wheelhouse extension.....I gotta have it so please put me in line for a set.
Conrad

Will do .....I can also have them made out of Carbon Fiber.....for an additonal cost.

Rick,
Since these pieces will never be seen, I don't think I want to go with CF. Curious for others, how much for CF pieces.
Conrad

I will get a price.... it will not be made to show quality .....just using the material....

Ok question what comes with what choice on the website? Two different prices what do we get. I'm looking to run 15x8 wheel on the front and would like to have something that's not going to rub the inner fender well. What size tire will this be able to clear? 27" 28" and what width. Thanks

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Ok question what comes with what choice on the website? Two different prices what do we get. I'm looking to run 15x8 wheel on the front and would like to have something that's not going to rub the inner fender well. What size tire will this be able to clear? 27" 28" and what width. Thanks

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
When you buy the "Wheelhouse Patch Panel Kit" you will receive the two patch panels, instructions and mounting hardware. Same goes for the "Wheelhouse Extension Kit" which will have templates and instructions as well as mounting hardware.

The first buy now button on our web site indicates it's for the "Wheelhouse Patch Panels", The second button indicates it's for the "Wheelhouse Extension kit"... The reason I put them both on the same page is because they are for the same purpose "adding clearance" to the wheelhouse.

I can tell you from experience what I have on my car, a 25.03" tall 255/35-18 will fit.....When lowering these cars tire height gets to be very important as far as the top of the wheelhouse goes. that is where the "Wheelhouse Extensions" will come in handy for allowing for more clearance.

When you buy the "Wheelhouse Patch Panel Kit" you will receive the two patch panels, instructions and mounting hardware. Same goes for the "Wheelhouse Extension Kit" which will have templates and instructions as well as mounting hardware.

The first buy now button on our web site indicates it's for the "Wheelhouse Patch Panels", The second button indicates it's for the "Wheelhouse Extension kit"... The reason I put them both on the same page is because they are for the same purpose "adding clearance" to the wheelhouse.

I can tell you from experience what I have on my car, a 25" tall 255/35-18 will fit.....When lowering these cars tire height gets to be very important as far as the top of the wheelhouse goes. that is where the "Wheelhouse Extensions" will come in handy for allowing for more clearance.

Thanks Scot…. I will add…
When you use both of these components along with rolling the upper fender flange (that you now will be able to do) you get nearly the same clearance that the GNX had in its design clearance for both jounce and rebound for the front tires and wheels. The GNX has 16 inch wheel up front with a -15 offset using 245/50 VR 16 tires. A lot more than a Stock GN.

Call me crazy but I want to install 295 or 315 series BFG Rival 18" tires on front of my 84GN! Didn't someone mention installing 295's already? If so, I need details on what was done to enable running this size tire.
Conrad

The GNX has 16 inch wheel up front with a -15 offset using 245/50 VR 16 tires. A lot more than a Stock GN.
Yes,Wider than a stock GN but shorter than a stock GN..... 245/50-16 = 25.65" tall VS stock which is 26" tall.

Maybe I missed it but do these get spot welded or riveted? Can these be installed with the fender on and wheel well removed? Thanks

Maybe I missed it but do these get spot welded or riveted? Can these be installed with the fender on and wheel well removed? Thanks

Installation will be riveted and glued...you can do all with the fenders installed and the wheel wells on the vehicle.
Put the vehicle on jack stands , remove the front wheels and off you go.....

Is the wheelhouse extension steel or fiberglass?
Conrad

Fiberglass
The materials being used are top of the line products based on the performance that is required for this part. The resin is epoxy vinyl ester and the fiberglass is a woven bye axle material and will have two layers. This will create a stable and strong part. I can’t wait to show you pictures of the final product in the next several days not weeks.:D