GNX Wheel House Trap Door

Update....part are being formed for the Patch Panels. I expect them to be formed within a month the tooling needed to be modified to work in there equipment. The supplier is only forming them I will then trim them up. Further detail to come but I thought I would give you this update. I will also be making the Upper Extensions and will give you more information on this next week.:D

Update.... the vacuum form Patch Panels process is completed and the untrimmed parts are in house....trimming will start tomorrow...completion expected in short order. :)

Hey guys, is there any idea as to what size wheel/tire will be able to fit with these panels in place? I know they were intended to make room for the 16's on the GNX, but with modern 17 and 18" wheels, what do you think will be able to fit now? Will this open up room for wider front wheels than what most have run so far or just make it easier to run what guys have been able to run? Just curious!

UPDATE! I have been speaking with Rick yesterday and today and these are VERY close to being ready for purchase! I still need to create a web page on our web site for these so it will be a week or so and then they will be ready for sale. When everything is ready I will start a new thread and also post a link to that thread here as well.

Hey guys, is there any idea as to what size wheel/tire will be able to fit with these panels in place? I know they were intended to make room for the 16's on the GNX, but with modern 17 and 18" wheels, what do you think will be able to fit now? Will this open up room for wider front wheels than what most have run so far or just make it easier to run what guys have been able to run? Just curious!
Mike they should allow more clearance for guy's running wider front tires. That was the whole purpose for them back in the day because the GNX had wider front tires than a GN.

All this talk about it but can someone post a picture of what it is and where it goes
I briefly looked at my x and didn't see anything

Check out reply #8....see if that helps..

Update....I have a set of Front Fenders with the Inner Panels....I will now use them along with a GNX Front Wheelhouse Extension and come up with a NEW design for the base GN. This new design will allow you to use wider and taller tires and wheels for the front without the use of Wheel Flares.
I expect to show you this in the next couple of weeks....

Now I would be in for a set of the redesigned ones. Are you thinking of redesigning the extensions or a new inner fender?

Now I would be in for a set of the redesigned ones. Are you thinking of redesigning the extensions or a new inner fender?

The extensions and modifying the inner fender.....

Very nice, I just put a 18" x 10" wheel with a 295 on it up front to test fit and was going to do some fender well surgery myself so I'll wait on yours. Its crazy how much room is taken up by that shelf under the fender lip too.

The fender lip will be revised along with the inner .....you will get slightly more room then the GNX revisions.

I thought when I looked at it the inner fender lip was steel? Seemed like 3" or so that then connected to the metal inner fender, did I miss something?!

I thought when I looked at it the inner fender lip was steel? Seemed like 3" or so that then connected to the metal inner fender, did I miss something?!

I do not think so.... I will reworking the steel and adding a new part that will attach to the inner fender and outer fender ....see the illustration on reply #8 (extension).....but without as many of the rivets.