GMTURBO6 Direction & Headcount

For some reason I havent been getting the emails so this is the first Ive heard about it.

For some reason I havent been getting the emails so this is the first Ive heard about it.

Now that's bad! :eek: You're a site admin too! Come one out, you can take Boosted GMC's food plate, he will be unable to make this meet, so that free's up his spot

Count me in please!

Well, just got my rebuilt turbo installed this afternoon--so can now officially say "please count me in"--hope it's not too late (pls advise if such is the case)... My turbo went to Limit Eng as a TE-44 & came back a TE-60...:biggrin:

Cheryl--pls save me a brownie in case I'm at end of real food chain...

I too would like a shot on the DYNO please...

Looks like about a 4 to 4.5 hour trip for me...

Hopefully see y'all there,,,

Monte

Dyno?

Clint--Do you think there's a fair (far for Pat) chance I can make the dyno list/schedule--have no idea who/how many may be in line...? If so, then I would likely "trailer" my GN so if I should "break something" during dyno test I can reasonably get it back home (4'ish hours).

If it's unlikely I'll be able to get in dyno schedule--then I'll likely just drive the GN over there...

Wadayathink?? Thanks,

Monte

Clint--Do you think there's a fair (far for Pat) chance I can make the dyno list/schedule--have no idea who/how many may be in line...? If so, then I would likely "trailer" my GN so if I should "break something" during dyno test I can reasonably get it back home (4'ish hours).

If it's unlikely I'll be able to get in dyno schedule--then I'll likely just drive the GN over there...

Wadayathink?? Thanks,

Monte

Your dyno should be a go as Keith dropped his 2 spots so as far as I know now there are only 3 that were using the dyno so you will make #4. Better check the trailer tires and we will bring speedy dry for the breakage... ONLY KIDDING!!!!

Your dyno should be a go as Keith dropped his 2 spots so as far as I know now there are only 3 that were using the dyno so you will make #4. Better check the trailer tires and we will bring speedy dry for the breakage... ONLY KIDDING!!!!

Great!--I'll drag the trailer outa the sand pile tomorrow, air-up the tires (only one known slow-leaker), put lotsa petrol in the old F-150 pig (11mpg towing--ugh--:( ), load-up & tie-down the GN, try to get a good night's-sleep & hit the road by 6 a.m. Sat... :cool:

Cripes-perhaps I should worry more about my 177k mi tow vehicle's round-trip than "breaking the GN". :eek:

Thanks for your prompt reply,

Monte

This is last minute, but count me in. I won't have my car but I will be there to watch everyone else making power.

PLEEEEEASE, take a lot of pics. There is just too much going on this weekend to break away and make the haul. Sorry, and Thanks in advance RC, I appreciate you opening your place up for the TR community.

The wife just put the pound cake in the oven. I don't know if it will make it there though, Zacks 85GN is riding with me. :biggrin:

Jim

Geesh, it never ends!!!

100pm--rolled the dice & decided odds favored driving GN over, rather than chance old tow truck breakdown instead...
130pm--reserve room for nite in Brlngtn
230pm--gonna gas-up GN but tranny won't select gears properly--make it half way outa driveway...therefore can't even load it on trailer for that matter
245pm--get car back in driveway off street (manipulate shift lever from under car (em. brake set) & determine cable broken (removed console)...
250pm--call local Buick dealer for cable/ assy & none locally--closest one in Rowland, NC (about 1hr20 min away)
255pm--verify w/ NC dealer that he does, in fact, have part (he does)...:D
305pm--head out in my quest for part
430pm--arrive at dealer--purchase part--$74.95 list BTW...
440pm--leave dealer for return trip home...
610pm--arrive home hungry & thirsty (but gotta keep on keepin'on ya know)..
640pm-- head out to driveway (cold by now, of course) w/ cable assy in hand and several stiff belts under my belt
740pm--all done, car back on the ground, wash up, come inside & set down to dinner...
745pm-815pm--do dinner...
815pm-855pm--here on-line with my saga/ dribble--kinda winding down...

I GUESS I'LL JUST GAS-UP ON THE WAY TOMORROW A.M....

Gotta go pack some units & tools, etc. for road-trip...See y'all tomorrow--for sure!?!? Hope it goes better...:cool:

Monte

P.S. Cheryl, pls put a BIG brownie back for me...

Phone number at Richard's shop is 336-570-0341 if anyone gets lost.

CORRECTION TO DIRECTIONS FOR THOSE COMING FROM THE WEST. Once you turn onto Faucette Lane, you only go 0.9 miles, not 9.4 as originally posted.

Due to limited parking anyone that will be driving a non event passenger vehicle except for: (TR, GN, TTA, GNX, SY/TY) we ask that you show up to the shop and then you will be taken a few miles up the road to a secure facility and then transported back to the event. Sorry for this however the event is MUCH larger than expected and parking is a bit limited due to soggy grounds in some places... Thanks for the help and see ya in the morning!!!