GMTURBO6 Direction & Headcount

Sydwyndr

Admin
Staff member
Alrighty...

I wanted to get this out a little early so that everyone would have a good Idea on how to get to Richards shop and who would be coming on the 26th.

DIRECTIONS FIRST!!
Use this set of directions if coming to Burlington from the EAST!! (Wilmington, Dunn Benson, Raleigh, Durham, etc…)
Thanks Jim A.!

Take Interstate 85/40 to Burlington. Use exit 150 and turn right (head north) at the top of the exit ramp.

Go 1.7 miles to Rt. 70 and cross over Rt. 70 onto N. Wilkins St. Go 0.6 miles, go through the traffic light, and turn right onto Rt. 49 headed towards Roxboro/Green Level.

Once on Rt. 49 go 2.8 miles and turn left onto Sandy Cross Rd. (There is a gas station on the corner called Sandy Cross Mart.)

Continue on Sandy Cross Rd. until it dead ends (4 miles).

Turn right onto Deep Creek Church Rd. and go approx. 1.7 miles.

Turn left onto Faucette Lane and go 0.6 miles to 2557 Faucette Lane. The house number you will see by the street is 2575, which is the neighbors house number. Richard's shops are behind the house

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Use this set of directions if coming to Burlington from the WEST!! (Asheville, Hickory, Statesville, Winston-Salem etc…)

Take Interstate 85/40 to Burlington. Get off on Exit 143 (Alamance Road), turn North. The GMTURBO6 meet is 9.4 miles from here, so we ask that you set your odometer to “0”, and pay close attention to landmarks and signs, as there will be several turns.

Just to be sure that you are heading in the right direction, at 0.2 miles there will be a Chevrolet Dealer (Dick Shirley) on your right, and at .4 miles there will be an Exxon station at the intersection of Alamance Road (62) and Mebane Street.

At 1.2 miles, you will come to an intersection where 62 merges with Church Street. There is a Domino’s Pizza across the street. Go through this intersection (it will curve VERY slightly to the right. Stay on 62 North. You will see signs indicating 62/70—follow those indicating North.

At 1.7 miles there is a Citgo station on your right; continue to follow the 62/70 North signs.

At 2.6 miles the street becomes a divided highway.

At 2.8 miles there is an Exxon station on your left.

At 3 miles you will cross under a railroad bridge.

At 3.3 miles you will turn LEFT onto Holt Street (there will be a sign indicating 62 North to turn
left. After completing this turn, you will cross 62 South after l block. At this point, Holt Street turns into Rauhut Street (both are still 62 North).

At 6.6 miles you will come to an intersection with a Shell Station on the right; continue through this intersection.

At 8.5 miles you will turn RIGHT onto Faucette Lane.

At 9.4 miles there will be a small white house on your left with 3 metal building and several semi-trailers behind it. Turn left at the driveway.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HEADCOUNT
This is what I currently have as of today. If you want to add or delete yourself please PM me and I will make the changes and post the updated list in a few days. The +1's represent the username plus anyone else that is coming that may not be a board member. The ?????> means possibility and not definate at this point. We need this to be as accurate as possible for the food about a week from the meeting date.

Sydwyndr + 1
NCTyphoon
NCTyphoonKid
SloGN
NCTURBOS + 1
V6Beast ?????
TurboIndian + 1
Regalwe4 + 2
Look Quick
Esinger + 1
JWILLETTGN + 1
CKBuick
TurboKid
NCgreg231
JenRPH92 ??????
Peteraq1
KH440
SGRIM
JayC ???????
BWEAVY + 1
Corsair231 + 1
Casper
STGMAN
Gnloyalty877
3.8Vsix
getchasum + 1
ARL
Slider252
Benoitthegr8
Vicious6
Race Lutz
Big Turbo Scott
SBCregal
V8buick ??????
BarnesGN + 2
Black Car + 1
Wesley Kilby
A2000 Rich
---- Not real sure who this is but he might make an appearance :biggrin:

This is all I have for now, If I missed something please let me know. As far as the dyno I have decided to pass to allow others a chance that are coming form a distance. I believe that this is first come, first serve.

And remember that Richard said:

bring em on-------i don't think there is much for a TR that i don't have something to check it with-----spring testers of every size for every spring in the car from the valve body to the chassis-------2 air flow benches-----two injector flow benches------engine balancer------tire changer and balancer--------on car AND bench powermaster tester-------precision measurement for blocks, heads, cranks, rods, pistons, cams etc------electrical breakout box for wiring harness--------on car AND bench alternator tester--------AC tester and charger (R-12 and R-134)-----i have several lifts and we can arrange time if anyone wants to do a little under car work the easy way-------and my shop is even a licensed NC state inspection station and I offer discount rates for friends with TR's needing special attention--------really too much to list................RC

Clint, add 1 person to NCTyphoon, also add BoostedGMC + 1, RLone + 1, Cloneman315 + 1, and add another Syclone owner + 1. So that means add 9 more to the headcount

Please add M. Banas, D. Steele, E. Hancock and T. (aka. redneck) Rierson and M. Shields.

Thanks

Clint just for the sake of civility you might want make a list of people that would like to use the dyno. I guess the maximum number of users is going to be about six. I just dont want to get my hopes to high if there is more than 6 people that want to use it. That way a alternate day could be discussed for those who dont get a chance on the 26th.
Thanks

Clint just for the sake of civility you might want make a list of people that would like to use the dyno. I guess the maximum number of users is going to be about six. I just dont want to get my hopes to high if there is more than 6 people that want to use it. That way a alternate day could be discussed for those who dont get a chance on the 26th.
Thanks

Craig,

This date is not limited to the dyno use on its own. Anyone is welcome to get in touch with Richard and set up a date and time to use it. With that being said this is who I know for sure is wanting to use it and this is in no particular order so as you can see no spots are gauranteed:

Casper/STGMAN
CKBuick
NCTURBOS

I have decided to run my car at a later date to free up the dyno for others. After speaking with Richard it would be at least 45-60 minutes per car. The meet is from 10-4 however if others would want to stay later to use it then just get up with Richard and work it out.

Headcount update 1/13/08

This will include and additions or deletions to the current headcount:

Sydwyndr(1)-------Peteraq1---------Race Lutz
SGRIM-------------NCTyphoon(1)----Big Turbo Scott
JayC ????----------NCTyphoonkid----SBCregal
BWEAVY(1)--------SloGN------------V8Buick ????
Corsair231(1)------NCTURBOS(2)-----BarnesGN(2)
Casper------------V6BEAST----------Black Car(1)
STGMAN----------RegalWE4(2)-------Wesley Kilby
Gnloyalty877------Look Quick--------BoostedGMC(1)
3.8Vsix(4)---------Esinger(1)--------RLone(1)
getchasum(1)-----JWILLETTGN(1)----Cloneman315(1)
ARL---------------CKBuick-----------Syclone owner(1)
Slider252----------TurboKid----------NC87GN(3)
Benoitthegr8-------NCGreg231-------Jicaju
Vicious6-----------JenRPH92 ????----Boost jnky
Raymon823(1)

Proposed Dyno time:

Casper/STGMAN
CKBuick
NCTURBOS X 2

We are now in the neighborhood of around 70 people so this is going to be a fantastic turnout!! Be sure to bring cameras, chairs, and ear protection for the dyno. If anyone can help bring drinks and desserts feel free to do so.

I hope you don't mind a Sandlapper from South Carolina. I will have at least one other with me.
Thanks,
Bob

Clint, 2 more from SC. (blown526 and Cjacobs) we were beside you guys @ rockingham in Nov. Johnny will be bringing his car if he still has it. I have not decided if my car will make the trip yet.
thanks

Headcount Update 1.15.08

Here is the latest in headcount update as of today:

Sydwyndr(1)-------Peteraq1---------Race Lutz
SGRIM-------------NCTyphoon(1)----Big Turbo Scott
JayC ????----------NCTyphoonkid----SBCregal
BWEAVY(1)--------SloGN------------V8Buick
Corsair231(1)------NCTURBOS(2)-----BarnesGN(2)
Casper------------V6BEAST----------Black Car(1)
STGMAN----------RegalWE4(2)-------Wesley Kilby
Gnloyalty877------Look Quick--------BoostedGMC(1)
3.8Vsix(4)---------Esinger(1)--------RLone(1)
getchasum(1)-----JWILLETTGN(1)----Cloneman315(1)
ARL---------------CKBuick-----------Syclone owner(1)
Slider252----------TurboKid----------NC87GN(3)
Benoitthegr8-------NCGreg231-------Jicaju
Vicious6-----------JenRPH92 ????----Boost jnky
Raymon823
--------87gta-turbo-------Turbo1dr(1)
cjacobs------------darb---------------Bob Smith(1)
blown526----------Justata

Proposed Dyno time:

Casper/STGMAN
CKBuick
NCTURBOS X 2

87gta-turbo

Folks, I can tell you without questions this will be the place to be if you are a TR, SY/TY, TTA lover as this is gonna be big. Make plans to join us as this is going to be far bigger than we initially thought so come on guys and gals. Can we reach 100 people:confused: How can you beat free food?? Only time will tell:cool: :cool: :cool: Don't wish you would have gone, be glad you went....

Clint i really think that the dyno should be limited to just one car person to make it far to the others that may want to dyno too.

Is this going to be this month>? So let me get this right this is a gathering of turbo vehicles for a eat and dyno day? with free food?

Clint i really think that the dyno should be limited to just one car person to make it far to the others that may want to dyno too.

I tend to agree with you Pat so we will have to see how it goes.

Is this going to be this month>? So let me get this right this is a gathering of turbo vehicles for a eat and dyno day? with free food?

The Dyno is actually secondary to me. This a just a monthly get together by our GMTURBO6 group. The place were meeting at this month happens to have a dyno. C'mon up...