Ford 3.5 EcoBoost in 87 GN?a

Forget the backlash, the amount of work required would probably be enormous. Not just mechanical parts, but also getting the engine up and running. There are so many microcontrollers interfacing to the ECM, via the CAN bus, I wonder with the missing messages/data if the would perform or even start.

It could be made to work, but the electronics involved would be a formidable task!!! Ford is successfully campaining one in the prototype class in the Tudor Sports Car Challenge series.
Imagine how well it would work in a G-body though! After all that powertrain works fantastically in every car it's in and they all out weigh the G-body by at minimum of 1,00o lbs.!!! The lightest of which would be the Flex/MKT chassis, and the heaviest being the F150 platform.
My 5,000 lb MKT for example is 100% bone stock, running on 87 octane, does a comfortable 9.1 in the 1/8th. Had I had it full of 93 octane I might have been able to squeeze out another 10th or two.

GM now has a twin turbo 3.6 liter V6 in the Cadillac XTS V Sport and the CTS and will soon be available in the Cadillac ATV. It is option LF3 in the XTS and is rated at 410 horsepower in the XTS and 420 horsepower in the CTS. There is another one that will be the ATS V engine that is rated at 464 horsepower. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_High_Feature_engine#LF3

Uh-oh :cautious:

Would be an interesting swap, expect some backlash, though....
I'm a 20 year Ford Motor Co. employee...
I own a 2014 Explorer sport with the 3.5 Eco Boost that has a 93 Octane tune from WWW.LivernoisMotorsports.com and Im thouroghly inpressed and mucho happy with the performance from the 3.5 Twin Turbo...
Uh-oh :cautious:

Would be an interesting swap, expect some backlash, though....
I'm a Ford employee and a Ford 3.5 Eco Boost engine owner... I'm sure that's the only reason it crossed my mind... Not saying im gonna do the swap but it is a option..
I really wanted to throw that out there to see if it has been done yet?
Im running a 93 Oct Performance tune from www.livernoismotorsports.com and I'm super happy with the power.

Forget the backlash, the amount of work required would probably be enormous. Not just mechanical parts, but also getting the engine up and running. There are so many microcontrollers interfacing to the ECM, via the CAN bus, I wonder with the missing messages/data if the would perform or even start.
HUH??? I see these kinda swaps on TV series shows all day..... Old cars new EFI engines...

It could be made to work, but the electronics involved would be a formidable task!!! Ford is successfully campaining one in the prototype class in the Tudor Sports Car Challenge series.
Imagine how well it would work in a G-body though! After all that powertrain works fantastically in every car it's in and they all out weigh the G-body by at minimum of 1,00o lbs.!!! The lightest of which would be the Flex/MKT chassis, and the heaviest being the F150 platform.
My 5,000 lb MKT for example is 100% bone stock, running on 87 octane, does a comfortable 9.1 in the 1/8th. Had I had it full of 93 octane I might have been able to squeeze out another 10th or two.
Love the enthusiasm!!! Im a Ford Explorer sport owner and I love this engine... Have you thought about tuning your MKT? www.livernoismotorsports.com is where i went.. super happy

GM now has a twin turbo 3.6 liter V6 in the Cadillac XTS V Sport and the CTS and will soon be available in the Cadillac ATV. It is option LF3 in the XTS and is rated at 410 horsepower in the XTS and 420 horsepower in the CTS. There is another one that will be the ATS V engine that is rated at 464 horsepower. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_High_Feature_engine#LF3
That also would be an interesting swap.

I guess the question for me would be, what motor - 3.8 Buick or the 3.5 Ford
Could be built up to produce the Most HP and TQ??? The easiest and cheapest.

3.8 stock block.
Why would you say that without qualifying your statement?
I'll have to assume you really know very little about the capabilities of the 3.5 ecoboost.
Sorry, quoted the wrong post.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk.[emoji252]

Why would you say that without qualifying your statement?
I'll have to assume you really know very little about the capabilities of the 3.5 ecoboost.
Sorry, quoted the wrong post.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk.[emoji252]
I think the 3.8 stock block was the answer to my what is a 109

What I don't understand is why ford doesn't do a falcon, or torino, or some kind of coupe with rwd. I'd go to a dealer to see about it. I like the Chevy ss but the $50k price tag turned that into a pipedream for a family guy like me.

How bout it Ford?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk