Calling all history guru's

I bought mine off the hauler at Vincent Buick in Fairport, NY. I bought it on Halloween 1987. End of the run. Vincent had sold so many of them that they supposedly got about as many as they asked for. I couldn't find one in northern NY but Vincent had (4) on the lot and the next Friday they got a whole car hauler full of GN's. The salesmen told me "go pick the one you want and we'll write it up". They still had protective stuff on the bumpers and plastic on the seats. I picked the one with cracked C pillars, a leaky back window, a crooked driver's seat, a steering wheel that points at my right shoulder and really bad fender gaps. She's a keeper!

Dynoman, did you work at Delco Products on Lyell Ave in Rochester? I think that was the only plant they made them in.
Yes , I started in 83 in that department (209) . That was the first year of production of the PMDP wipers and they were used in A , C , G , F body cars . Also we were the only plant making them , that is why the line was so important . My wife and I went into Trades in 91 as Electricians .

I bought mine off the hauler at Vincent Buick in Fairport, NY
My parents bought their cars from Vince since they lived in Penfield .
Lou Gramm bought the last Turbo T (white) Vincent Buick had . He said that's all they had so he bought it .

Lou Gramm's car
Screenshot_20230330-191709_Gallery.jpg

I bought mine off the hauler at Vincent Buick in Fairport, NY. I bought it on Halloween 1987. End of the run. Vincent had sold so many of them that they supposedly got about as many as they asked for. I couldn't find one in northern NY but Vincent had (4) on the lot and the next Friday they got a whole car hauler full of GN's. The salesmen told me "go pick the one you want and we'll write it up". They still had protective stuff on the bumpers and plastic on the seats. I picked the one with cracked C pillars, a leaky back window, a crooked driver's seat, a steering wheel that points at my right shoulder and really bad fender gaps. She's a keeper!
What, no liquor bottle in the door!!!

I believe you are correct . I remember I had to order the T-Type to get the turbo motor then add the GN package , at least for the 86 GN .
From what I understand, the GN was a package that had to be added to a T-Type until the '87 run, when the T-type went away and the GN became it's own separate model. You had three regular models not counting the GNX. They were: Regal with a turbo, a GN, and a Limited with a turbo. The Turbo T (WE4) was a package on the Regal with a turbo.

So, you could get cruise without pdl's. The question now is..
Was cruise a mandatory part of the package or was it, it's own separate option? Any non-cruise cars out there? With or without pdl's?

Vincent had a GNX in the showroom when I was there the first time. Sticker was $29,900, IIRC. I had read about a guy buying one at auction in NYC for $75K. He could have bought that one from Vincent for $35K. The salesman said if it didn't sell for $35K that week they were sending it to auction. When I went back the next week to pick out my car, it was gone.

From what I understand, the GN was a package that had to be added to a T-Type until the '87 run, when the T-type went away and the GN became it's own separate model. You had three regular models not counting the GNX. They were: Regal with a turbo, a GN, and a Limited with a turbo. The Turbo T (WE4) was a package on the Regal with a turbo.

So, you could get cruise without pdl's. The question now is..
Was cruise a mandatory part of the package or was it, it's own separate option? Any non-cruise cars out there? With or without pdl's?

I ordered mine May 10, 1986 and picked it up July 10, 1986.
The dealer mentioned if I waited a week I could have ordered an ‘87, but wasn’t sure what they would look like so I got the ‘86.
Aren’t you glad you got an ‘87 and not an ‘88. Lol

You’re right, they may have changed things from ‘86 to ‘87 and even part way though the year.

I believe cruise control was part of the standard features in the Regal T-type package.

I ordered my GN in spring of 1987.
I did not order cruise control. (I like to drive my cars, not be driven!! LOL)

I can get a picture of the SPID later today if anyone is interested.
ENJOY!!!
- Jerry

I ordered my GN in spring of 1987.
I did not order cruise control. (I like to drive my cars, not be driven!! LOL)

I can get a picture of the SPID later today if anyone is interested.
ENJOY!!!
- Jerry
Thank you. I don’t remember ordering cruise specifically, but I must have.

Good info.

For you guys with no power door locks. I always heard that cruise and PDL's were part of the same package. If you had one, you had both. Can you dispute that? You have no pdl's but do either one of you have cruise? My WE4 has crank windows but I do have cruise and pdl's. How about intermittent wipers?
I can.

I have cruise but no power door locks. It has crank windows, 60/40 split bench seat, mast antenna, and column shifter. No intermittent wipers, either.

But again, not a GN, just a little Turbo Regal.

Attachments

• 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    901.7 KB · Views: 48
Well hells bells, all this time i thought i had delay wipers, just looked and not there...

Our local Buick dlr, Tony Moore, had a couple truckloads of GN's. AIRC all sold at list.
My 8T6 t type company car was ordered per my list. Wasn't very expensive.

I'm also curious what mine would weigh vs a fully loaded car, I'm thinking 3-400lbs lighter...

I'm also curious what mine would weigh vs a fully loaded car, I'm thinking 3-400lbs lighter...

I weighed mine at a grain elevator as well as other vehicles. Some charge $5, some nothing.
Recycling centers and landfills have scales too.
It’s nice to get front, rear and total weights if possible.

I weighed mine at a grain elevator as well as other vehicles. Some charge $5, some nothing.
Recycling centers and landfills have scales too.
It’s nice to get front, rear and total weights if possible.
Thats a great idea, Recycling Bess near me, I can load the trunk with Alm cans and they will weigh it and pay me !!