five cars trucks and trailers stolen in bowling green!

Any word from the owners, pictures, info, etc? I'd think it shouldn't even take this long to get that info out there, on here, over the internet, etc. Still isn't clear how many cars, how many were on trailers...makes it hard to look out for.

+1

I'm very surprised nothing else has surfaced on this??? I would be venting all over the internet in hopes of someone maybe seeing something.

I'm still confused was it 3 GN's and two trucks, 5 GN's and 2 trucks?????

My thoughts are with everyone involved and hope for something very positive to come out of it!!!!

I have been a mechanic for many years & could never figure out how to steal a car that fast. A properly placed theft switch is the best way to slow them down. Problem is where & how. I don't like tapping into fuel pump wires cause of voltage drop. Tapping into starter or ignition circuit is easy to figure out. alarm systems are useless & can be defeated by cutting the pos. batt. cable from underneath & then defeating it. My idea would be to interrupt the ground going to the injectors. Also a GPS tracking device hidden somewhere would work if you could get the cops to act quickly & from what I have heard they don't seem to put a lot of priority on stolen cars unless it's a murder case or something more serious to them. You would also be risking your life should you catch them in the act & you should harm a thief you could be held responsible for violating their right to steal.

I also feel these guys pain having 2 79 T/A's stolen. Such an incredibly helpless feeling. Real sorry to hear this, makes me even more paranoid about my GN being taken.

Yep....

Shocking... :rolleyes:

About what 1 would expect from a "Mayberry pd"...Last time I was there, their main focus was to give the guys in the parking lot a bunch of $hit, and issue tickets for all kinds of "moving violations"...:rolleyes:

My bud's GN was stolen here in Atlanta, while he stood there, watching, calling the Dekalb cty police...The moron on the 911 line told him to "stop by the precinct in the am, and fill out a report. We don't have anyone to respond right now." This, in the biggest city in the south...Can't you imagine what goes on in Mayberry???

Remember, when seconds count, the fuzz is only minutes, [maybe never], away. A guy has GOT to take care of his security, assuming there are no cops...

here is an idea, if anybody has a friend who is a trucker have him put out an APB to all truckers are that area and nearby states, I am sure they will see something as they are always on the road 24/7. just a thought..

Taxes at work

Ronnie Ward never called back.
The few people I spoke with at the BGPD did not seem to know or care about any of this.
Unless Dallas Jones and the GSCA put pressure on them they dont care.
Looks like not much has changed from when I lived there.

Ill call again now, after that you guys can try, I posted his office number already.

Ronnie Ward never called back.
The few people I spoke with at the BGPD did not seem to know or care about any of this.
Unless Dallas Jones and the GSCA put pressure on them they dont care.
Looks like not much has changed from when I lived there.

Ill call again now, after that you guys can try, I posted his office number already.

if this is indeed true this is quite sad as they are missing the big picture here its called "tourist dollars"

I guess shots would have had to be fired to generate attention.

anyone that has a vehicle stolen its a terrible blow....makes one not trust anyone....sad

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I have been a mechanic for many years & could never figure out how to steal a car that fast. A properly placed theft switch is the best way to slow them down. Problem is where & how. I don't like tapping into fuel pump wires cause of voltage drop. Tapping into starter or ignition circuit is easy to figure out. alarm systems are useless & can be defeated by cutting the pos. batt. cable from underneath & then defeating it. My idea would be to interrupt the ground going to the injectors. Also a GPS tracking device hidden somewhere would work if you could get the cops to act quickly & from what I have heard they don't seem to put a lot of priority on stolen cars unless it's a murder case or something more serious to them. You would also be risking your life should you catch them in the act & you should harm a thief you could be held responsible for violating their right to steal.
for most guys who have race cars being away from their race car like this is a very unusual occurance. most go from their home to the track and back home where their race car is secured in their garage. professional theives can defeat most theft deterrants if they really want the vehicle bad enough and everything u mentioned is true.

I see these on Honda's every day at work and theives just move to the next car. for a few hundred bucks this would have made them drive to another hotel and look to steal another setup....... Wheel clamp, All Steel Wheel Clamp, SUV Wheel Clamp

for most guys who have race cars being away from their race car like this is a very unusual occurance. most go from their home to the track and back home where their race car is secured in their garage. professional theives can defeat most theft deterrants if they really want the vehicle bad enough and everything u mentioned is true.

I see these on Honda's every day at work and theives just move to the next car. for a few hundred bucks this would have made them drive to another hotel and look to steal another setup....... Wheel clamp, All Steel Wheel Clamp, SUV Wheel Clamp

us city folk call them "the boot" ....great idea thou, i didnt even think of it because i always associated that with a punishment from not paying parking tickets but it would mean the same thing to a thief "you are not moving this car"

I bought my '86 GN new. It was my pride and joy.

It was stolen in '96. My buddy who is a cop came and did as much of an investigation as was possible and then said "You won't get you're car back.... ever".

It was never seen again.

It took me 15 years to be able to have another TR.

I feel so badly for these guys, words cannot describe the feeling of finding your car gone... vanished without a trace.

It's worse than getting kicked in the gut.:(

I agree that we need a better idea of what exactally was taken. From the yellow bullet thread, 5 GNs, a Ford truck, Dodge truck, and open hauler trailer are all I found but what else is there? Thats such a load of BS that they arent even putting a detective on this. Its not some petty crime. Im a trucker and run I-75 from south GA to Wildwood, FL and the turnpike into Orlando, so you've got some eyes there. I know they were last spotted heading to MI, but it doesnt hurt to keep an eye out everywhere.

I was under the impression that it was 2 trucks and 3 GNs = 5 vehicles total.

D

Update from BGPD

I spoke with Officer Ward this afternoon. They have it on crimestoppers and have discussed with numerous major broadcasting / TV stations all the way from Nashville to New Jersey.
It sounds like they are taking this very seriously.

The 3 car trailer is simply not true.
The 2 cars and complete rigs we all know about and are searching for were taken relatively close together and I assume by the same group of criminals.

Thus no sense talking about the mysterious 3 car rig as it's not true and we can now focus on the two cars that were taken.

He said the amount of publicity and attention on this two vehicles is amazing and by spreading the news through all the websites etc that does help the chance of recovery so keep it up!
They have leads and info but obviously could not share that with me he said.

Wow...what a difference a few hours makes. Earlier today you were complaining about not getting your tax dollars worth of law enforcement. No wonder the police can't catch a break.

Ya, if they only paid more attention 5 days ago.:mad:

I had my GN stolen in 1993. Living in Boston, it was my daily driver. I lived a stones throw from Fenway Park. Came out to go to work one morning and it was gone. Reported to police.

Later that night I get a call...car found!! abandoned on a street in Brighton/Allston. Cops picked it up, took it to the impound lot. Thieves basically took it for a joyride. Not a scratch on it save for a smashed steering column and mangled door lock. $300 and a day later I was driving it again.

I still have that car and still live in Boston. If only all car thefts ended this way.

I hope it comes back to you..

Ya, if they only paid more attention 5 days ago.:mad:

It would of been nice to get accurate details on here 5 days ago here as well. Law enforcement doesn't take auto theft too seriously, usually true (unless involved in "more" serious crime), but making it sound like they have no clue, etc. is also usually false. Hard taking someones word for it after talking to a dispatcher. They probably don't know about every crime going on in the City.

I hope every time someone posts about their car being stolen it helps a few others add anti theft devices on theirs. Any g-body especially a TR is a big ole' target for not only how easy they are to take but for parts and/or dirty people who will just throw on another cars VIN and keep it.

i had a horrible experience when my ctulass was stolen, vin swapped, repainted, held as evidence for a year....

i wish these guys the best with all they gotta deal with

Sorry to hear this Jeff..making me think twice about making the trip up in the next few years with the car. Hope you get some kind off closure on this deal. I think the solution is armed security. Wether it is hired or owners taking shifts. Sad it has come to that these days..