Everyone read

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like pronto's suggestions. Register with the board full name and address. 150 post count or 1,2,3 years of membership. Don't punish the good guys for crap that some dirtbag does. I know that is life, but would be nice to give the good guys a break once in a while.

I'm with Pronto and/or. I have been on this board for 8 years lurking, listening and buying.
Would like to be able to sell some of the stuff I have bought over those years.
My post count should now be at 105 so I guess I'm out of luck.

We had a TB.com meeting yesterday, the rest of the staff has been all for this and we just got time to talk face to face so....

Also I would like to add that if a member SCREWS ANOTHER, and it is black and white, we RESERVE THE RIGHT TO BAN THE screwing party;)

I feel bad for missing the meeting!

Most other sites have these limitations so its nothing new. Easy way to around this is to post up your install, repairs, advice, etc etc. There.......now you have helped the sites info pool and your raising your post count to help toward selling.
Im all for the charging for the same guys selling part after part after part in there forever it has always pissed me off.

Register with:

NAME, address, number, MEMBERSHIP FEE, that way you can verify ID with Credit Card. Just saying!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

Id actually like to go higher than 150. Would anyone have an objection to 500 posts?

I really want people to be established here before they can sell. I dont think the scammers will have the patience to wait it out.
Thats what I voted for origionally. 6 months and 500 posts.

Make the address/phone number required, but don't make it public. The info goes to the mod in charge of that section (with verifiction of address via CC or one of those sites) and they hold the info and have it available if there is an issue. Don't make it available to the general public. Put on a six month restriction prior to being able to post for sale ads. Reason I say the shorter time is because a lot of people get the car, join the site, start doing mods, then have something to sell.

If the post count is tech area based I recommend 100 posts. You can get a lot of info with less than 100 posts, but I think that would be a reasonable post point I think.

I like the 150 post & 10 month membership. It took me a little less than a year to reach 150 post, but I read a lot first. But I'd like to throw in this discussion the "Feedback" forum. I've bought many low and high end items from members of TB and haven't had any problems. But I always check the feedback forum just to see if the selling member has had any. (positive or negitive) That being said, I always post after I receive my items because I think it's important.

The problem is not everyone takes the time to leave feedback in the feedback forum and sometimes they dont even know where the feedback forum is. I miss the Itrader rating. Even tho it is feedback it seems like more people actually took the time to give someone a +1 or -1 as opposed to starting a new thread to leave feeback for someone and it was easily visible next to the sellers name without having to do a search. Plus I took pride in my positive trader rating and shed a tear the day it was removed after all that hard work of getting it respectable.

I'm new to this blog and to turbo buick cars in general. I spend most of my time on here reading and reading just trying to learn, as a result i have low post count. I agree there should be some changes to make this forum a safer community and better place for everyone. Please just dnt put the minimum post requirement way too high. That for some of us new or old members that dnt post as much, a high number will become an eternity to reach.

I like the idea of having all sellers' info available to moderators. Making that info public is a bad idea.

I'm just as guilty as everyone else of not posting feedback for every transaction.

Don't confuse quantity with quality. I should start posting crap just to get the count up?
I strongly agree!!!! ..if scamming in the for sale section is the issue..post count alone will not be the solution. A more organize efficient feedback system could help, kinda like in ebay where seller/buyer need to register( security purposes) and have their own feedback ratings with transactions made on their own personal file for everyone to view.
Even though i am new here i hope my opinion counts a bit..this is a great community and have plans of staying on here for years to come

If someone doesn't hit the mark they can always PM a mod or admin and work something out....

Ever thought of membership fees?

What good would that do? If I was going to scam someone out of a lot of money, dropping $50 or so for membership fees wouldnt be a deterrent.

Status
Not open for further replies.