Everyone read

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the idea of needing to message a mod or admin, if you don't meet the minimum post/age requirement. I've had this account for about 10 years now, but don't post often. I've met a few of the board members in real life and have done business with a number of the vendors.

It's a tough situation. There's no "one size fits all" solution, and no matter what happens a few people will be unhappy. Hopefully the TB.com team will settle on the right policy.

I like the idea of needing to message a mod or admin, if you don't meet the minimum post/age requirement. I've had this account for about 10 years now, but don't post often. I've met a few of the board members in real life and have done business with a number of the vendors.

It's a tough situation. There's no "one size fits all" solution, and no matter what happens a few people will be unhappy. Hopefully the TB.com team will settle on the right policy.

Thank you... You got the idea!

There are good and bad every place every forum ebay amazon doesnt matter its the internet people. ;)

Gonna be a few more days before I can implement this. Ive got to do some serious database manipulation to rebuild post count and I just dont have time to sit down and do it. Probably be Sunday night.

What good would that do? If I was going to scam someone out of a lot of money, dropping $50 or so for membership fees wouldnt be a deterrent.
Very True....but hey like I say I've never had a problem with anyone on the site...I hope it stays that way

Yea but, the guy who got me has been a member on the forum since 2005, nolan, Trash is still trash, weather the have 1 or 1000 posts. And for instance Jay you personally know me and know what kind of person I am... I think we should do a score like ebay, and sellers should maintain a predecided ***% feedback or they cant sell, or maybe cant even be on the forum. Just an idea.

well - this just applies to me - I guess. I have different parts to sell, parts I was going to use but changed directions and don't need these particular parts anymore. So now I guess I have to sit on em and prolly not be able to come up with the money for other parts I need. I love my gn - but I don't have alot of extra money to throw at it like most other members do. I have owned this car for 11 years and have only got to drive it for about 600 miles. Guess with this new rule it'll be another 13 years before I get to drive her again. I do like and can understand the new requirements - I work hard for my money and don't want to be screwed out of it, but i'm the kinda guy who might jus show up to scammers house and kick his a$$ or get my parts I paid for - but that's jus me. Ok - I'll get off my soapbox now.

well - this just applies to me - I guess. I have different parts to sell, parts I was going to use but changed directions and don't need these particular parts anymore. So now I guess I have to sit on em and prolly not be able to come up with the money for other parts I need. I love my gn - but I don't have alot of extra money to throw at it like most other members do. I have owned this car for 11 years and have only got to drive it for about 600 miles. Guess with this new rule it'll be another 13 years before I get to drive her again. I do like and can understand the new requirements - I work hard for my money and don't want to be screwed out of it, but i'm the kinda guy who might jus show up to scammers house and kick his a$$ or get my parts I paid for - but that's jus me. Ok - I'll get off my soapbox now.

You and I both.

Id actually like to go higher than 150. Would anyone have an objection to 500 posts?

I really want people to be established here before they can sell. I dont think the scammers will have the patience to wait it out.
yes Some of us don't live on your site. If people exercise a little common sense maybe they won't be scammed so easily. I think I have been on this board since 07 and I can't imagine 500 posts.

I have just recently gotten into the turbobuick community and have in the past been part of forums that I've had 2000+ posts with. I can honestly say that the amount of for sale ads are ridiculous and sometimes overwhelming. With that said I can honestly say that it's usually the first section of this site and most of the time the only section I hit on to see what may be for sale out there. So being that I'm new here and have some nice parts that I know I am not going to use and try to sell, I am going to have to resort to eBay? Why not have two for sale sections....one where you have to be some VIP superhero that was around since the encarnation of the site (please excuse the sarcasm) and one that all the rest of us guys that are trying to enjoy the community at a slower pace but still have deep wallets to spend and/or some parts to sell off can breed here as well? I can see technical threads getting post whored up now and that is not what we need to happen.

I've been on here since 01 and was on here with whoever owned it in 99. Guess i'll have to buy and sell my parts somewhere else.

So being that I'm new here and have some nice parts that I know I am not going to use and try to sell, I am going to have to resort to eBay?
If you can get one of the varified members willing to vouch for you the rules will let you sell, but the member that vouches for you will have to know you personally to get it done. Do you have any members that are close to you that have been to your house or met you in person?

If you can get one of the varified members willing to vouch for you the rules will let you sell, but the member that vouches for you will have to know you personally to get it done. Do you have any members that are close to you that have been to your house or met you in person?
I do know "ulose2a6" on here...and I guess can have him vouch for me. It still sucks to have to do that...

Scratch that...he only has 483 posts and been here since '01. He has a shop and has built many of the badass cars on here....I just bought a nos hood liner and speaker dash piece last night on eBay for a great price and no bs. I'll stick to there for my parts dealings. Sucks to have to go back there, but you can buy and sell without having to be voted in....and if you try to by from someone that does bad dealings, you know ahead of time.

Plus one Pronto and TY.
I am always looking to buy stuff and honestly i have not bought much in the last year or so because of all the scams.
regardless of the great deal being offered.
I avoid low post count, new, and old inactive members - i maybe VERY WRONG but i also feel that inactive old members have nothing to loose if they get booted from the site since they are inactive anyway.

Anyways the more restrictions the better.
To sell on ebay you need to give them a certain amount of info about your self, doing the same here should not be a problem. If you don't want to give up the info go sell someplace else.

Plus one Pronto and TY.
I am always looking to buy stuff and honestly i have not bought much in the last year or so because of all the scams.
regardless of the great deal being offered.
I avoid low post count, new, and old inactive members - i maybe VERY WRONG but i also feel that inactive old members have nothing to loose if they get booted from the site since they are inactive anyway.

Anyways the more restrictions the better.

To sell on ebay you need to give them a certain amount of info about your self, doing the same here should not be a problem. If you don't want to give up the info go sell someplace else.
As much as I agree with straying away from low post counts and and newer members, I also disagree. There's a guy on here that was selling a part on here that was "show quality". I borrowed a truck to drive almost two hours to see the part looked like it was used as a dogs bed. It was junk yard quality....this member has over 1000 post count and has items in the classifieds right now for sale. So how does that make everybody feel inside? And not even an apology or anything. I have almost 1000 item feedback on eBay with 100% rating and I can't sell a part on here? Why not have a verified area and not verified and people can read and participate at their own risk? We all hate the mass amounts of for sale on here but I just looked at six items that I bought in the past few months through the for sale section and all sellers don't fit the criteria.....this bs made it harder to find parts for the breed that is already difficult to locate good parts for.

Status
Not open for further replies.