Everyone read

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time,but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Plus one Pronto and TY.
I am always looking to buy stuff and honestly i have not bought much in the last year or so because of all the scams.
regardless of the great deal being offered.
I avoid low post count, new, and old inactive members - i maybe VERY WRONG but i also feel that inactive old members have nothing to loose if they get booted from the site since they are inactive anyway.

Anyways the more restrictions the better.
To sell on ebay you need to give them a certain amount of info about your self, doing the same here should not be a problem. If you don't want to give up the info go sell someplace else.
Its a little different giving info to a big company versus a site run by gear heads.

If you can get one of the varified members willing to vouch for you the rules will let you sell, but the member that vouches for you will have to know you personally to get it done. Do you have any members that are close to you that have been to your house or met you in person?

now were getting into favortism.

Most likely there are going to be few to no exceptions. That kind of defeats the purpose of this.

Still on my list of things to do. I had the death of a friend to contend with, my dog had to be put to sleep, my wife and step kids have been throwing up all week... this has slipped a little down my priority list.

I do believe if you can't sell on here, then just post your stuff on e-bay and put a link to it on here. then everyone here can see what you are selling and all those people searching ebay gets to see it too. that ='s more $$$ for the seller! a win win situation.. no applause's necessary

I have no problem with that because we actually make a couple of bucks for people posting Ebay links here. Plus it puts the burden of scam prevention on Ebay and Paypal which is even better.

You should make a random ebay section where we can post links and the site can make money off it

I do believe if you can't sell on here, then just post your stuff on e-bay and put a link to it on here. then everyone here can see what you are selling and all those people searching ebay gets to see it too. that ='s more $$$ for the seller! a win win situation.. no applause's necessary
Not true most of the time, ebay charges a listing fee, 9.?% for what it sells for, another 9.?% for what you charge the buyer for shipping, and then another 3.?% for paying with paypal. I sell alot of parts and ebay is the last place i would want to sell. Still waiting for an answer to how much it would cost to be a supporting vendor on here. I dont do this for income i have a job for that, i just do this to clean out my shop after my build and help others get the parts they need. But if the new rule goes into effect i wont be able to sell on here anymore, so that is why i have asked for vendor paying info.
Greg

Funny I think your just going to chase a lot of people off the site. The items for sale area has gone to crap in the last month. This is the site everyone came to, to find good deals on new and used parts for these cars. Now I see there are a lot more people posting for sale on the other 2 buick T / GN sites. And some of my friends that are long long time Buick people are moving away from this site as well. What seems like a good idea now could be the slow death of the site. I guess its just some thing for the people running it to think about. Maybe make it so no one can pay other than Pay Pal and then pay pal can deal with the fraud or issues?
Just a thought. I was just in the Parts For sale section looking for some stuff and its all the same people with tons of posts with all the same crap being bumped to the top.
Nothing new posted
Just my thoughts on this and sorry if I up set the mods over it.

I think the 150 post count is a good start...Not many people have Turbo Buicks and if they do, most of them are enthusiast and wouldn't have a problem getting to 150 post in a short time period.

I was just in the Parts For sale section looking for some stuff and its all the same people with tons of posts with all the same crap being bumped to the top. Nothing new posted. Just my thoughts on this and sorry if I up set the mods over it.[/quote said:
Well, I'm sure not going to argue with you!

Funny I think your just going to chase a lot of people off the site. The items for sale area has gone to crap in the last month. This is the site everyone came to, to find good deals on new and used parts for these cars. Now I see there are a lot more people posting for sale on the other 2 buick T / GN sites. And some of my friends that are long long time Buick people are moving away from this site as well. What seems like a good idea now could be the slow death of the site. I guess its just some thing for the people running it to think about. Maybe make it so no one can pay other than Pay Pal and then pay pal can deal with the fraud or issues?
Just a thought. I was just in the Parts For sale section looking for some stuff and its all the same people with tons of posts with all the same crap being bumped to the top.
Nothing new posted
Just my thoughts on this and sorry if I up set the mods over it.
I agree strongly, there are few of the ussual "parts flippers" on here. They buy parts, recondition them then resell them. You know it is for profit and they are not asked to be vendors. This thread is one of the few reasons i am getting out. The major reason i am getting out is because of the buyers. They say they need this part and want pics and shipping quotes asap, then when you reply to them and the deal is made you never receive payment or hear from them again. I do sell alot of parts because of the project i built and since it is not my source of income any requests i get for pics or shipping quotes cuts into my personal time with friends and family it is just not worth it anymore. Now i dont waste my time posting parts for sale anymore i just trol the wanted section and half the time just charge shipping for the part to just get rid of it. To me it is a waste of time to for someone to request a pic of a stock part that has its condition known and no damage. I am sure we all know what a stock hood latch or cruise cable looks like. I literly have hundreds of parts and to keep taking picks of stock parts in good condition is a huge time waster of mine.

I agree strongly, there are few of the ussual "parts flippers" on here. They buy parts, recondition them then resell them. You know it is for profit and they are not asked to be vendors. This thread is one of the few reasons i am getting out. The major reason i am getting out is because of the buyers. They say they need this part and want pics and shipping quotes asap, then when you reply to them and the deal is made you never receive payment or hear from them again. I do sell alot of parts because of the project i built and since it is not my source of income any requests i get for pics or shipping quotes cuts into my personal time with friends and family it is just not worth it anymore. Now i dont waste my time posting parts for sale anymore i just trol the wanted section and half the time just charge shipping for the part to just get rid of it. To me it is a waste of time to for someone to request a pic of a stock part that has its condition known and no damage. I am sure we all know what a stock hood latch or cruise cable looks like. I literly have hundreds of parts and to keep taking picks of stock parts in good condition is a huge time waster of mine.
Thats gonna happen with any car forum. Are you talking about getting out of buicks because of the forum?

Thats gonna happen with any car forum. Are you talking about getting out of buicks because of the forum?
The forum itself is great, lots of good info. But some of the people make it not so fun. There are a few reasons why i am getting out of the gn altogether. One of the reasons is i love cars and want to own as many as i can, so i just play with a car for a while and move on to another one. Cant afford to keep them all so some have to go, which this is one of them. I do have to admit that of all the forums i belong to this one has the most problems and drama.

The forum itself is great, lots of good info. But some of the people make it not so fun. There are a few reasons why i am getting out of the gn altogether. One of the reasons is i love cars and want to own as many as i can, so i just play with a car for a while and move on to another one. Cant afford to keep them all so some have to go, which this is one of them. I do have to admit that of all the forums i belong to this one has the most problems and drama.
Ohh i gotcha..I guess I havent been in the TB world long enough to understand most of the frustrations.lol

I also agree with the proposed posting count and membership time. I see far too many good fellow Buick guys getting shafted by a$$holes. This forum has been my bible for my car for the last 10 + years! Lets keep it going by weening out the silliness!

Chris

I can't take it anymore... We aren't changing anything, for now... Stop the debate... I will look at this again from another angle....

The post count not counting for this forum is the ONLY changed at this point....

Im talking with someone now that runs an escrow service specifically for this kind of stuff. Im sure everyone will piss and moan about that too but im tired of playing referee.

Status
Not open for further replies.