Everyone read

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayC

T6P.Com/TB.com Administrator/Webmaster
Staff member
On May 1st, if you do not have 9 months of membership and 150 posts, you will no longer be able to sell parts here any longer. We are having entirely too much trouble with people coming in, registering, making a few posts and posting stuff for sale and ripping people off.

If you dont fall into this category, you will need to wrap your ads up by May 1 or they will be removed.

Also, I will be removing certain forums from counting towards overall post count so it wont be easy to spam your way up to the required post count. If you're caught doing that, you will be banned without notice.

Dumb question, how do we know how many post ya have

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

I've bought about 50 items on here with no bad experiences, so far.

I don't feel this to be a bad idea at all, in fact, I think it's a pretty darned good one.

I just became a member not too long ago and do not meet the requirements. I have been active, trying to learn about these cars and i love this site! there are very good people on this site willing to help a novice like myself and its very much appreciated.. That being said, i think its a good idea. This will weed out potential scammers. Eventually i will meet the requirements and will be able to sell with no problems. Thanks again.

Good to hear this, I have been screwed out of quite a few deals from new members and even some old ones that never posted again on this site.

hopefully it solves some of the crap that goes on in there.. But I am on a lot of car sites (ya I know !! What a shocker :eek:) an they are goin threw the same thing.

We had a TB.com meeting yesterday, the rest of the staff has been all for this and we just got time to talk face to face so....

Also I would like to add that if a member SCREWS ANOTHER, and it is black and white, we RESERVE THE RIGHT TO BAN THE screwing party;)

I doubt their will be any objections from the legit sellers, or buyers either!
good move to preserve the integrity of the forum! :D

Id actually like to go higher than 150. Would anyone have an objection to 500 posts?

I really want people to be established here before they can sell. I dont think the scammers will have the patience to wait it out.

I'm game for that. Although there are a lot of good members here that dont post much and have been arund for a long time. I think 350 post would be more suitable than 500. I see a few guys that seem to buy up a lot of people projects just to part it out and sell it on the board. These guys are always on the first page with miles of parts for sale and you never see them post anywhere else on the board. That gets old.

Status
Not open for further replies.