engine wont start need ideas please

Ty. W

about a month ago I took my engine out put in a new rear main seal, timing cover seal. exhaust manifold gasket and cleaned my engine and engine bay. When I put everything back tougher it went fairly smooth until now at first the engine would idle but it has just gotten worse now it just cranks but wont start up. when i try to start it it cranks but as soon as i let off the key it seems like it wants to start but then stops right away. right now i have all the vacuum lines plunged and am trying to figure out where they go. also check engine soon light is on
Things iv checked
all the spark plug wires give a spark
I put in new spark plugs mine where very dirty and covered with black stuff

any advice is appreciated thank you

Do you have a way to read the trouble code? Will the car stay on if you keep your foot on the gas? Take pics and post of the vacuum lines you need to get routed correctly.

Did you have to reset the cam sensor? Sounds like it might need to be advanced a little.

Okay so I checked the fuel pressure and it reads 45 psi and my teacher has a scan tool and there was no trouble codes that came up i will retry again today and maby play around with it a bit more the car still won't start with my foot on the gas and about the cam sensor it's weird because if you try and advance it or even play with it the engine eather dies really quick or gets slightly better ill take pictures today and hopfully have some pictures for tonight sorry for the late reply iv been having computer problems

Another thing I was woundoring was how dose the main computer check rpm like what sensor tells rpm also

Just had to same problem last night on my new motor narrowed it down that the can sensor was out of line redid the who sensor install started right up

If the cam sensor is out of adjustment check this out it worked great when I replaced the timing chain.

Attachments

• Cam Sensor Installation.pdf
    139.8 KB · Views: 134
sounds like cam sensor since u just changed stuff. but i had the same problems when my maf sensor died over nite

Yeah I think the cam senser is the best bet right now. I'm gonna give that a try Monday morning thanks for the advice ill keep you posted

besides the Cam Sensor, I read again the first thread and you removed the engine and replaced the timing chain.
Don't take this wrong, but did you prime the oil pump to ensure you have oil pressure before trying to start it up?

If you removed the timing cover and replaced it, you HAVE to reset the cam sensor. If you didn't do the setting procedure, that's your entire problem.

also, if he check engine light is on, there will be at least one code. If it's on because the keys on and the engine's not running that's not the same. That's just a bulb test to show you it works (along with the rest of the idiot lights).

In the event of an actual code situation, you can pull the codes with a paper clip or any short jumper wire and count the blinks on the check engine light.

yup we primed the oil pump im gonna try and reset the cam sensor tomorrow do you think i mite need to replace it? maby