E85 Changeover suggestions?

That's a lot of fuel moving around, what pressures do you maintain (idle and under boost)? Looks like a great combo that works well!

I'm at 42 idle. No fuel pressure gauge or transducer to know under throttle. AFR is at 10.8 now, DC is 60%, and no shortness of power.

Yes e85 is the way to go long as you have the stations around I have a flex fuel app it's great tells you which he 85 station is closest to you

Question on replacing fuel lines. I pulled the tank last night and installed the new DW300 pump. I am running new supply and return lines in 6an braided hose. I was only going to replace the return only but found the supply line crushed when I pulled the engine, removed the accessories and got to those hard lines. Those replacement hard lines for front of the engine's is not cheap, so just decided to replace the entire line to the pump as well. Running 2 lines only cost twice as much right!?!
Here's the question. You want to replace the return line all the way back to the pump. Do you then reconnect to the smaller hard line fitting on the top of the gas tank? Seems like that would re-restrict the line flow? Of course you would have more volume in the line as a whole. Or do you modify the hard line connection at the pump to be accept a larger return line?? How would you do this?

Question on replacing fuel lines. I pulled the tank last night and installed the new DW300 pump. I am running new supply and return lines in 6an braided hose. I was only going to replace the return only but found the supply line crushed when I pulled the engine, removed the accessories and got to those hard lines. Those replacement hard lines for front of the engine's is not cheap, so just decided to replace the entire line to the pump as well. Running 2 lines only cost twice as much right!?!
Here's the question. You want to replace the return line all the way back to the pump. Do you then reconnect to the smaller hard line fitting on the top of the gas tank? Seems like that would re-restrict the line flow? Of course you would have more volume in the line as a whole. Or do you modify the hard line connection at the pump to be accept a larger return line?? How would you do this?
With the stock pump hanger and fittings you would just connect your new return line where the old return line connected. I think this is what you are asking? This should flow plenty.
I think the -6 line will just slip over the hard line at the tank and you can double clamp it. Not much pressure there anyway as it is the return.
I think the stock hanger hard line actually has a baffle on the inside where it dumps into the tank. This may be a slight restriction but probably not.
I use the Racetronix stainless pump hanger with the -8 feed and -6 return AN fittings on top.
I ran a complete new -8 line from the pump all the way to the fuel rail.
I ran a -6 from the regulator to the stock saginaw fitting at the front crossmember to the stock feed line. Turned the stock fuel filter around. I ran -6 from the steel feed line at the rear axle to the -6 AN fitting for the return line on the pump hanger.
FYI I ran a DW300 with stock lines and had problems getting the idle pressure down. Some people have this problem, some don't. So to determine where the restriction was I ran a -6 line from my Accufab regulator discharge straight into a bucket on the ground. Started the car and still could not get the idle pressure down so the restriction was the orifice in the Accufab regulator. So the stock return line itself was not a major contributor to the problem.
Some people on here have modified the tiny orifice in the Accufab regulator discharge by drilling it out a little. Other regulators may not have this issue.

Thanks a lot Brian, you understood and answered my question nicely. I'll watch for the Accufab to the next problem with pressure if there is one. 1st time I have heard there might be an issue with this regulator.

Several ways to do this well, I chose to by-pass the front lines at the motor and run back to firewall strapping to body and then follow frame as factory lines do. I felt there is less restriction and heat this way. Also cut off the reduced end on the return at the sender to allow larger flow and double clamps here work fine.

Attachments

• Image1084.jpg
    Image1084.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 197
  • Image1085.jpg
    Image1085.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 184
Belsie- that is exactly what I am planning! I figured, why route the lines forward and hug a hot engine if can route them anywhere? Plus braided lines look really cool.
I also got one of those Russell filters, though I had not thought of putting it on the fuel rail. I thought I would put it under the car still. With the side exit exhaust I have tons of room under the car behind the rear axle now between that and the gas tank. What made you choose to mount that way? Accessibility? And you can run just that one filter right?
How does the return side look? I am hoping there is enough room under the regulator to do the adapter and another one of those 180 bends upward to bring the line up and over the top kind of like the supply side is doing on yours. But my motor is apart and the intake is off being powder coated so I can't prefab it to see how much room is there.

I also ran a filter at the feed line on top of the tank (I have an inspection door, tired of dropping the tank) this way I can check & clean filters w/out lifting car! It is tight at the reg. so you will need a 90 from reg to hose and here also you can double clamp if you don't go w/ AN fittings.

Attachments

• Image1088.jpg
    Image1088.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 181
Thanks for the pic. Def too tight to go the adapter and then the 180 bend I was hoping to do. Prob too tight to the straight adapter and then a 90 even. But I do want to go with AN fittings on that. What is the 90 that I need out of the bottom of the regulator? Seems those had a special end on the fittings with an O Ring on it.

Hard to find, Fragola maybe? I simply cut about 3" off the stock return line (at reg then turn to rear) w/ new o ring then a hose to braid style clamp for appearance but good double clamp will suffice. You could get a fuel line repair kit with the fitting & O ring on it and the bend to merge to the braided.

The bottom of my Accufab regulator just has a 90 degree NPT to male -6AN fitting.
Fitting with the 0-ring is a Saginaw fitting.

Brian, Thanks that what I am looking for. Do you happen to remember the size of the NPT?

Brian, Thanks that what I am looking for. Do you happen to remember the size of the NPT?
Not off the top of my head. It should be close to 1/4" NPT but I am not sure. Someone on here knows. I think turbofabricator welds this fitting on. He has some good info on here if you can find it with the search function.

I know the fitting that fits the bottom of the reg is a 6AN Male to 14mm x 1.5. Jegs #555-103105. It is an actual fuel injection fitting and has the rubber O Ring on the end going into the regulator. I'm not sure what that is in NPT though. I'll search again.

Now that I think about it there may be an adapter in there somewhere. I better check when I get home.

It looks like a male NPT to -6AN male 90 degree fitting to me. The regulator is un-modified. Fitting was on the Bosch fuel regulator that was on the car when I bought it years ago.
These pictures are not too great but you can see what is going on.
DSC04938 (640x480).jpg DSC04941 (640x480).jpg DSC04944 (640x480).jpg