Fuel PSI not increasing with boost after E85 conv

You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make him jump in. Good luck 👍

Last edited:
Thanks but I was building 63 psi immediately before switching to the DW300 pump and going from 42 to 95lb injectors.

A paper element fuel filter will compress inside under pressure and cause a restriction.

You can run a stainless mesh filter with a 100 micron filter and solve that problem. You can even run it in the same location where the stock filter is now and it will fit. We are being told to run two filters with E85, one 100 micron and another 40 micron filter before the injectors to keep junk out of them. Your call there.

Your post does not tell what hp level you are going for with E85, that would be useful information.

I am in the same boat with the same problem as you running a DW400, -8 and -6 return lines and a 100 micron filter. Keep in mind I am running 210pph injectors now. I had to take it all apart when I found what looked like vaseline jelly in the fuel rail, the injectors and filter. My stainless filter had nice pleats on it when I bough it new. When I took it out, the pleats were blown flat with the lining of the filter itself, lots of pressure had to cause that and junk being pushed through it.

Guess what I will be doing?

I have been running the Fram HPG-1 with a Wix 33900R filter cartridge . This filter came with the early Racetronix double pumper & PTFE -8 feed & -6 return fuel line kit . The Wix cartridge is E85 compatible ( I called Wix ) , filters down to 6 microns and will flow 90gph . My new motor combo has made 980hp @ 34psi using this set up .

I have run stock lines on e85 into the high 9s with no problems, stock filter as well. I cut it apart after 2 seasons and it was perfect inside. Either your filter is dirty, or the pump is bad. I could see at 20 psi you might be pushing a 340lph pump to its limits, not beyond, but at 16psi, you are not. There is a lot of bad info out there on e85. I have been running it since 2013, never had any of the issues people say.

run a stainless mesh filter with a 100 micron filter and solve that problem. You can even run it in the same location
I have run stock lines on e85 into the high 9s with no problems, stock filter as well. I cut it apart after 2 seasons and it was perfect inside. Either your filter is dirty, or the pump is bad. I could see at 20 psi you might be pushing a 340lph pump to its limits, not beyond, but at 16psi, you are not. There is a lot of bad info out there on e85. I have been running it since 2013, never had any of the issues people say.
Chuck Leeper. Ya But. 😂

I have run stock lines on e85 into the high 9s with no problems, stock filter as well. I cut it apart after 2 seasons and it was perfect inside. Either your filter is dirty, or the pump is bad. I could see at 20 psi you might be pushing a 340lph pump to its limits, not beyond, but at 16psi, you are not. There is a lot of bad info out there on e85. I have been running it since 2013, never had any of the issues peop
I made no reference to a new filter.
The comment was in reference to a 10 yo filter.
Oh ya, the ya but stands.:LOL:
do you have ANY useful isldeas now that I’ve eliminated the filter. Or was the filter the extent of your expertise? 😂. If not go troll someone else’s thread.

"If not go troll someone else’s thread".
I have nothing to add, at least that I'd share with you.
As far as your troll comment.....
I don't give a shit if you ever find out what's causing the issue.

"If not go troll someone else’s thread".
I have nothing to add, at least that I'd share with you.
As far as your troll comment.....
I don't give a shit if you ever find out what's causing the issue.
“Toxic old Bastard” 😂😂😂. I have it figured out. With no help from your brilliant fuel filter soution. 😂😂😂

I would highly suggest getting new lines and rail.
The lines are nearly 40yrs old now.
Guys should start to think about stuff like that as these cars age.

As you up boost the boost the pressure will not match 1to1.
Usually the pump cant keep up.