e-town, nj-domestic vs. import

Originally posted by Buicksx2
Frankie,

How did the plastic bag do this year???

Stay well.

Was knocked out in the 2nd round by ED and the Park Ave.
Cool time u should of been there.

FRANKIEz

* Englishtown supplied more personnel for this event and as it gets warmer I hope they will have more for the up coming events.

* They had non-stop mobile patrol for omni-presence.

As this country is getting ready for war. It's the jerk over seas that are the enemies not the ricers here.

Although these dumb ricers: :mad:

*attempt to stage with their back wheels:confused:
* stage at the tree or stage three car lengths back and start the revs getting ready to launch
* think they're John Force with their long burn-outs
* attempt to rev the motor past the rev limiter:confused:
* don't know to put their alarms on valet so every loud car that goes by sets off the alarm:confused:
* know where your seats and spare tires are so not to run it over as I witnessed:eek:
* chase plastic bags and violate the 5 MPH Pit Speed

Walter in the tower and E-town crew did a great job. This is definitely the new wave that will bring in the money for E-town.

Re: Pretty Good

Originally posted by FRANKIEz28
...U should of been there Banning hardly any TR's.

Damn! Sounds like it was fun. Wish I was there, but it wasn't in the cards this time. I'll try to make the next one. Glad to hear that the track was making more of an effort on crowd/pit control.

Don't forget about the Buick vs. Mustang at Atco on 3/23/03.

-Banning.

Great time!

The weather was great, mid 50's and clear all day, then it really cooled off at night.

There was a good mix of domestics and a lot of Lightning pickups kicking ferrin car butt. I was impressed with the WRX Subarus that were running in the high 12/low 13's.

The import crowd was pretty well-behaved and security was there in force. When the track security cruises through, everybody stays cool.

The street rules were spelled out in the gate letter that stated NO SLICKS and N/A cars have to run MUFFLERS, but some import racers tried to disregard these 2 simple rules and the culprits were tracked down. Saturday is not a noise day.

Overall it was a long day with some good racing.

On a side note, why the hell is everyone on the phone at the racetrack? I really irks me when your trying to direct race traffic (as in lane assignments) and dudes are yakking on the phone.:mad: :mad:

Re: Great time!

Originally posted by troGNman
...The street rules were spelled out in the gate letter that stated NO SLICKS and N/A cars have to run MUFFLERS, but some import racers tried to disregard these 2 simple rules and the culprits were tracked down.

So turbo cars don't have to run mufflers? I thought everyoen did. They still have to pass a sound test though right? How strict are they with that test? I see close to 2 tenths with open exhaust, versus my restrictive cat back. I hate running capped up like that, but then again it is pretty loud.

No slicks huh? Last time there, one of the tech guys told be that about my Hoosier QT Pros. I had to explain to him that they were DOT approved. What's up with that?

-Banning.