e-town, nj-domestic vs. import

turboculosis

Pleasant peasant
march 8, saturday

any tr's going?

i know a few people here will not go due to the bad experiences they've had w/ some of the ricers (not the real import enthusiasts) last year disrespecting the track.but, i might be going w/ some of my friends and we wanna see the domestics kick some ass!(well....... some of my friends wanna see domestics kick some ass.):rolleyes:

i am debating but after todays snow/ice/salt i am second guessing... but i probably would go to watch, i dont enjoy the import events. Except the car shows and the bikini contests ;)

Originally posted by arista5
i am debating but after todays snow/ice/salt i am second guessing... but i probably would go to watch, i dont enjoy the import events. Except the car shows and the bikini contests ;)

Come on guys,
Bring your cars! That's the problem with the Buick meets. Buicks are becoming no shows.

I know this is the Detroit Iron vs Imports. The weather is expected to be in the upper 40s which should be nice. The meet is just DOT tires and the KING OF THE HILL is above 12.00 et and up.

Mike, Anyone from the TurboBuick - Queens Chapter coming?

***Don't forget March 23 - BUICK vs Mustang at Atco***

artie, one wont race til he does a timing chain, another isnt going due to needing work on his daily driver and not wanting to strand himself without a vehicle for work. i know atleast one who wants to go, but not sure. as for the rest have not talked with them to tell you for sure

Just an FYI. I went to this event last year and hooked up with Ed Baker and Frankie Z and was there all day to only get 2 time shots and by time elims started it was 5pm and I lost on purpose just to get home. It was already a 10 hour day and there were a ton of imports, in fact Etown ran out of tech cards.

Some of the import guys were doing donuts in the parking lot, taking blasts down pit road, yanking out interiors all over the place and if I had a nickel for every import that staged with the rear tires or didnt know the etiquette of how to drag race, how to stage etc I would have walked away with 20 bucks in nickels.

I vowed to never race my car at this event.

Just my 2 cents.

My new 2,500 mile motor is knocking (sounds like mains again) so I won't be going.....

Jim

As Rich said it was a zoo last year. But I will bring my Park ave
Saturday to race. It will beat 90% of the ricers there;)

If you want to spank a TON of import ass, go and race.

With that being said though, watch out for yourself (yahoos racing in the pits) and your car (thievery & people using your ride as a bench).

I trailered my buddy's GN up last year, then unhooked my Durango and raced it. With the "heavy D" I made it to the 3rd round where I red lighted (as usual). That was fun. Watching out for my, and my friends cars safety, was not.

You make the decision.

P.S. If you've got a mid 11sec Buick or faster, you will get a LOT of respect from the fans. After watching 500 15 second Hondas go by, they'll go nuts for one of our "buzzin half dozzen"! Seriously, I saw a high 10sec Buick make a run and the crowd stood up yelling with their hands in the air.

-Banning.

Anyone knows if E-town will get the track ready for tomorrows meet. The weather is expected to hit 50.

The track will be ready for Saturday's race.

The prep crew is pretty good and has the proper equipment for safe operation. I'm not so sure about the condition of the launch pad as it got a good scraping during the off-season. You need some fast cars (Slick tire) to lay some good rubber on the pad.
But this is a street tire event so it will just like launching on a real road.:D

More than likely it will be the domestics racing against domestics again because they run out of "14 second and quicker" import cars REAL fast.:D ;) :D

Hope to see some boardmembers there are would like to see the Buicks represented.

Any chance that we would be allowed to run a Kenworth truck? It does high 16s and is dead consistant. It runs street tires. How embarrassing would it be for an import to lose to a freaking truck? LOL

Originally posted by mygrain
Any chance that we would be allowed to run a Kenworth truck? It does high 16s and is dead consistant. It runs street tires. How embarrassing would it be for an import to lose to a freaking truck? LOL
It better be consistant with that Automatic in it!:D I was talking to your driver last Sept but I didn't see you.

Bring that big ugly K-Whopper to the Diesel Drags on May 10th instead. 2 semi truck events this year.
http://racewaypark.com/

As per E-town's website

DRAG STRIP UPDATE-03/07/03
Tonight's Drag Racing, Friday, is CANCELLED

SATURDAY, March 8 - STREET WARS
Forecast looks great - low-mid 50's with mostly Sunny Skies
A GREAT DAY

GOTTA RUN

Time to stop bitching and go race.To much Bs We now have to play with the rice crap or stay home and do this.I have been wating all winter to get to the track.And all of them have way to much rice for me so I'll just go play" See all tommrow hope there's more then ART ,ED and myself as usual for the buicks!

Originally posted by troGNman
It better be consistant with that Automatic in it!:D I was talking to your driver last Sept but I didn't see you.

Bring that big ugly K-Whopper to the Diesel Drags on May 10th instead. 2 semi truck events this year.
http://racewaypark.com/

Who you callin ugly?;) Yeah It was a bit of an eyesore. We're hoping for mid 15s by the august event. Hopefully with a new paint job. I was in a blue Coopersburg Kenworth T shirt. We'll be there on May 10th. We've got our sights set on that white marmon. I think I'll be on my harley as a pit bike if possible. You think our KW's ugly, wait till you see my bike. LOL

Pretty Good

The ricers were well behaved and the weather was GREAT!! There were a couple of ricers breaking down at the tree, I saw a 10 sec Supra that was cool.
I left at around 4:00 but Ed (ULYCYC) and his Park Ave and Doug (2SICKSIXES) with his yellow T made it to the 2nd round.

I am glad I went, Totally diferent from the last time i attended.
U should of been there Banning hardly any TR's.

FRANKIEz