Decided to test and tune today....

...and it was a damn good thing that I did. I was planning on going to the US 131 dragway tomorrow and sunday for that import VS domestic shootout. Seeing that the cheapest class to get into was 75 dollars (12.0 and slower) I figured I wanted a little tune time before trekking all the way up there just to get laughed at. Went to the local 1/4 mile strip to clack off some numbers and see what I could do. Heres the results!

Keep in mind, this is on a 235/60R15 BF Goodrich Radial T/A, soooo not gonna be as good as my beat to hell slick runs (although with the results I had today, I couldve used those stupid floppy things in a real way today...)

Pass 1 - decided to launch the car as if it HAD drag radials on it.... the result? a 15.03@109MPH pass with me burning out the 1st 1/8th mile of the track.

Pass 2 - got the direct scan hooked up AND working, so I decided to try the 'leave it in D!' thing everyone was telling me to do on here. Ended up hitting a good wall of knock and ran a 14.16@110MPH.

Pass 3 - to be on the safe side, added another lb of fuel pressure and backed boost off by 1psi. Tried running the car in just D again, still hit knock twards the top of 3rd but still went 13.88@110mph. Gettin better...

Pass 4 - Ran against a drag camaro who left me in the dust, and heckled me after the run about 'Me V8 hear me roar!' crap. Ugh, this time I left it in O/D and went 13.58@110mph. 0.0 knock this time around leaving it in O/D.

Pass 5 - Ran a lightly modded grand prix GXP. He got out on the 1/8th on me, but after that I steamrolled past him running a 13.49@112.

At this point, without tires, I realized that Im going to keep on a road to nowhere real quick, so I packed up my laptop and headed home. No special event for me.... :'( Ben

I would, but it seems like noone has that size in stock right now. 235/60R15s are gettin few and far between, so I just went with the regular radial - and even for that I had to drive 45min away to get them X_x. Maybe twards the middle of the season they'll have more of them? -Ben

MPH there for mid to low 12`s with traction. Try some 275-50-15 drag radials.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

The 255/60/15's like Pronto stated work very well on stock width rims and I haven't seen them rub on any car.

And I went 1.52 60' with them and others have been faster. With that mph, these tires will easily get you in the mid 12's.

Ive been low 12s with a stickier tire, but that was with a TA49 and stock downpipe with a duttneck. Never had a tire for this new combo :( I didnt think I could get a wider tire under there with a stock wheel - feels close with just the 235s on it now. I'll give em a try as soon as money is available. Thanks guys! :) -Ben

My 275-50-15 Nitto drag radials are mounted on 15x10 ARE Outlaw II rims. They are 26" tall and fit with no issues

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Last edited:
How much boost? That TE-62 is good for about 28psi and into the 10s if you have the right setup. I went 10.97@123 with one through a Dutt neck IC.

Last night I went 11.46@123 on a 245/50/16 Falken street tire. 1.99 60' time with a zero boost launch and it dead hooked. It can be done on a street tire. Air them down to 20psi and let it eat.

Mine were 235/60R15 BF goodrich street tires. I had 25PSI in them when I got my best time. I was running 20PSI on 93oct and my best launch was 2.38 60ft. Ive never had a sub 2.0 60ft ever...hopein a mickey thompson 255/60R15 drag radial will help me bite like I need to.

the car is soft everywhere from 60ft to mph.i understand your only running 93 octane and 20 lbs of boost,not sure why you would go on the dragstrip with 93 as the load increases and the chance for knock comes in real quick.good tires some race gas and that car could really come alive.the 255/60/15 mt drag radials are perfect on the stock rims and the hoosier drag radials will take a boost hit even better.these cars are 60ft cars,show them your taillights right away.