Dyno'd the GN today

In my non expert opinion . . .
After seeing the AFR on the first run I would have stopped to regroup regqardless. . . . . Its lean.
That "tune" will blow **** up.

Notice how there is no RPM on the graph. I saw him take what looked like was a tach lead off of one of my spark plug wires, and said something how it won't work with a v6....
I wouldn't be too concerned about rpm. Look at speed and torque. Increasing average torque will give you potential to run quicker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I thought too. I felt like he was BS'ing me. I won't be back.

According to the dyno I left with 11 more hp than I showed up with by adding a little boost.

The AFR showed to be a consistent 12.5, is that a little on the lean side?
At that power level I wouldn't say it was lean.

"Notice how there is no RPM on the graph. I saw him take what looked like was a tach lead off of one of my spark plug wires, and said something how it won't work with a v6...."

Have seen the exact same thing on a new, in-floor Dynojet..

The RPM issue may have been caused by the waste spark set up. Although they have been around for long enough for a dyno to handle that.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Interesting. Not disagreeing because I dont know. Not even on 93?
There's not enough mass flow to hurt anything unless the timing was outrageous and it was detonated for a long time. Many of these engines when in close to stock configuration were run in the grenade mode for years and never failed. The 93/Alky high boost is where people get in trouble. 93/alky mishaps keeps me very busy.

There's not enough mass flow to hurt anything unless the timing was outrageous and it was detonated for a long time. Many of these engines when in close to stock configuration were run in the grenade mode for years and never failed. The 93/Alky high boost is where people get in trouble. 93/alky mishaps keeps me very busy.

Thanks Bison. Understand what you are saying.

The highest completely stock, no mods period, dyno pull I have ever seen in an article was 202 rwhp. Doesn't seem like much but if you figure a 20% driveline loss puts it right at 245 at the crank. If you are getting 253 at the wheel I think you are doing pretty good with your setup.

The intercooler won't pick up anything It is all in the boost

I've read that several times, but I don't understand it. How can you swap to a more efficient IC which will no doubt have an effect on IAT's and not see any improvement in power?

I am not expecting the fmic to make huge gains, but I don't see how you couldn't see the HP increase in ETs or the dyno.

If 19# is 19# no matter what it goes through to get to the engine, could you swap to a smaller than stock IC with a smaller inlet and outlet and expect the power output not to decrease?

Might help run more boost without knock but dont expect much besides that

That 1st post by, Bison was a homerun.... There is a lot to take from that post if you read it carefully.... The biggest being, that the Dynojet is just another test, and if you prepare your car for it most times it will do well.... There are a lot of variables in the dyno, just as there in the quarter mile... I think he (Brian) means you cant get to hung up on any "one" test.... Anyway, I enjoyed to see those stock numbers... Good Look

^I totally agree. I wish I had free access to a dyno and test/tune every step of the way.

It would be cool to be able to share the #s as a stockish GN gets some added power