Dream Cruise 2012- Woodward, Detroit Michigan

I went once, only once. I just can't see sitting in 1 mph or less traffic for hours on end!! I guess the secret is to find a place to park, good luck!

My understanding is the TRs gather at the Moose Preserve on the north end of Woodward. Was hoping to be back this year for it, but doesn't look likely.

Stop by on Hazel St. in Birmingham. I'm in GNVENOM with about 40 other Cobras. Been doing Woodward since the first one, probably 12 years now. PS If you go to Google Earth, select Hazel St. and Woodward Ave. Birmingham MI and select the yellow STREET VIEW icon, you won't believe what you see - on Woodward.

The members of the Michigan Buick Turbo Club and friends with TR's have a tradition of gathering at the Moose Preserve restaurant on the Wednesday evening before the actual cruise date. This year, that would be August 15th. In the years that I've gone, there have been over 40 TR's in the Moose Preserve parking lot. We will usually go out in large groups on cruise on Woodward as well (traffic on Wednesday is not nearly as bad as on Saturday, the day of the cruise). If you're in the area, feel free to stop by. Always cool to see a large group of TR's in one place.

Here's a video that I did from the 2006 gathering...
http://www.streetfire.net/video/members-and-friends-of-the-michigan-buick-turbo-cl_66353.htm

Stop by on Hazel St. in Birmingham. I'm in GNVENOM with about 40 other Cobras. Been doing Woodward since the first one, probably 12 years now. PS If you go to Google Earth, select Hazel St. and Woodward Ave. Birmingham MI and select the yellow STREET VIEW icon, you won't believe what you see - on Woodward.

Looks familiar, but surprisingly light traffic! BTW, what's with all the Cobras crowded on the corner!!?? ;)

The members of the Michigan Buick Turbo Club and friends with TR's have a tradition of gathering at the Moose Preserve restaurant on the Wednesday evening before the actual cruise date. This year, that would be August 15th. In the years that I've gone, there have been over 40 TR's in the Moose Preserve parking lot. We will usually go out in large groups on cruise on Woodward as well (traffic on Wednesday is not nearly as bad as on Saturday, the day of the cruise). If you're in the area, feel free to stop by. Always cool to see a large group of TR's in one place.

http://www.streetfire.net/video/members-and-friends-of-the-michigan-buick-turbo-cl_66353.htm
Thanks for the info I'll def shoot to attend. If you see NJ plates say hi!

They have pretty good control of the traffic lately. Hundreds of cops on bikes and ATV's. Traffic lights blink mostly, to keep the cars going. That data was gathered sometime later in the day when most of the cruise cars were parked, I'd guess. Earlier on that Saturday, you will see groups of cruise cars, supposed to be a single cruise lane but instead, they blend with normal traffic. There are four lanes in each direction so lots of cars can pass. It stretches for 16 miles. Then, there are individual cruise spots within the side streets as well. Try to imagine a group of 40,000 cars together...

Cobras: I'm the white with red stripes. That group gathers there every year (the club buys the rights to that street and the 505 building).

I will recheck my calander but I thought the gathering of TR is the Wed before the Dream Cruise . If that is the case The Dream Cruise is always the third Sat. of the month which would make this year Aug 25th which put the Moose Preserve event on Aug 22nd.

I will recheck my calander but I thought the gathering of TR is the Wed before the Dream Cruise . If that is the case The Dream Cruise is always the third Sat. of the month which would make this year Aug 25th which put the Moose Preserve event on Aug 22nd.

Got a calendar right in front of me - the third Saturday in August is August 18th (Saturdays in August are Aug. 4th, 11th, 18th, and 25th). And I've got the Woodward Dream Cruise web site, which also says August 18th... http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/

I've already gotten an email from the Michigan Buick Turbo Club showing that August 15th (the Wednesday before) will be the date for our gathering at the Moose Preserve restaurant.

Hope you can make it on the correct day! :cool:

For those not familiar with the area the Henry Ford Museum and it's adjoing Greenfield Village are amazing. A must see if you are interested in Americana. Check their sites for details.

Hot Rod Magazine is sponsoring tours the week of the Woodward cruise. They are going to the Henry Ford Museum, Greenfield Village, a race track, Lingenfelter's facilities, and a few other places. There is some info here but the whole schedule is in their current issue. http://tour.streetrodderweb.com/2012/week-on-woodward/
Itinerary is in July issue of Musclecar Review. They refer you to this website to sign up for WEEK ON WOODWARD , sponsored by Ford Racing http://tour.streetrodderweb.com/2012/vintage-air-tour-2012/ 8/11: Henry Ford Museum 8/12: Ford show and swap meet at Ford World Hdqtrs in Dearborn 8/13: Pratt and Miller Engineering/Lingenfelter Collection/Roushe Collection 8/14: Piquette Plant/Henry Ford Estate 8/15: Michigan International Speedway/Gilmore Car Museum 8/16 Walter P. Chrysler Museum 8/17: Dyntotech Engineering 8/18: Park at Woodward Cruise in a reserved lot (extra $25). Cost to sign up is $75 and some museums charge for entrance.

I'll be heading out there this year for my first time. Haven't decided yet which car to take, But i'm leaning towards the Ty.

This size of event has me nervous about theft.

I'll be heading out there this year for my first time. Haven't decided yet which car to take, But i'm leaning towards the Ty.

Just set your car alarm, try to stay in a good hotel, make sure your insurance is paid up, and enjoy! You didn't buy your car to just leave it at home, did you?

Send me a pm and ill let you know the nicer parts of town vs the places to avoid....