Dave Bamford's 4.8 LSX Conversion

hey is there some kind of buick meet before woodward? i wanted to make it out sat with the car but i have a wedding

Update... Stepping up the heads over the winter. Removing the CNC ported junkyard heads, going with a set of trick flow 6 bolt LSX heads.

I think he means the heads you're taking off. I've always admired those two ls cars yall have.

Yeah I meant what ones you taking off? I sold my buick and bought a 99 formula. Can't afford the trick flows now and looking for something cheap to get me going this year

Next up after the head swap on the GN.

image.jpg

Wow, never seen this build thread... I only seen the videos on YouTube. Them videos where actually my inspiration to build mine.

Badass build!

Your a busy man Dave. Can't wait to see and hear your results. How is your son's Supra? I still have some work to do on my little brother's one, but for what's done with it, I am very impressed.

Hi Mike!

We removed the stock twins on the supra and went with a single BW 63. Ryan picked up a cast exhaust manifold from eBay, the conversion wasn't too bad. We removed the stock ecu and went with a pro efi from Sound Performance. Converted to e85.

Here is a video of the supra

Fantastic!!! That thing sounds like a jet plane. Thanks for sharing, I'm going to show this to my brother.