TURBO 6.0 '87- Build Thread & ?'s

Look at that!!! You got a whole lot going on man. Wish I had the space and equipment to do stuff like this to my Buick. Keep it up

Look at that!!! You got a whole lot going on man. Wish I had the space and equipment to do stuff like this to my Buick. Keep it up

Yep. Been pretty busy lately. Unfortunately, equipment takes up space. And space isn't something we have any access of. Lol. We're trying to be more organized to use space more intelligently, but much like my Buick, you have to take a couple steps back to take a couple steps forward. We had to create more mess and more chaos so we can build ourselves a nice office and what not.

I should have those LSA heads in the next week or two. Then I'm taking them to Bob Stiegemeier so he can do his work on them over the winter. And after talking with my teacher today, I learned that I can go ahead and do all of the machining on my block. It was my understanding that the bore should be tailored to an individual piston as they were not created equally. Apparently that's no longer the case. Even the shittiest of companies now use CNC machines that cut them nearly perfect. Supposedly manufacturers are holding pistons to extremely high standards so I shouldn't have any issues.
I can run a program that will bore my entire block and debur nearly everything in roughly 6 minutes and then toss it in the hone for the same amount of time. Gotta' love going to a school with access to some badass machinery! Saved me at least a days work with the CNC and hundreds and hundreds of dollars by doing it myself.

Yep. Been pretty busy lately. Unfortunately, equipment takes up space. And space isn't something we have any access of. Lol. We're trying to be more organized to use space more intelligently, but much like my Buick, you have to take a couple steps back to take a couple steps forward. We had to create more mess and more chaos so we can build ourselves a nice office and what not.

I should have those LSA heads in the next week or two. Then I'm taking them to Bob Stiegemeier so he can do his work on them over the winter. And after talking with my teacher today, I learned that I can go ahead and do all of the machining on my block. It was my understanding that the bore should be tailored to an individual piston as they were not created equally. Apparently that's no longer the case. Even the shittiest of companies now use CNC machines that cut them nearly perfect. Supposedly manufacturers are holding pistons to extremely high standards so I shouldn't have any issues.
I can run a program that will bore my entire block and debur nearly everything in roughly 6 minutes and then toss it in the hone for the same amount of time. Gotta' love going to a school with access to some badass machinery! Saved me at least a days work with the CNC and hundreds and hundreds of dollars by doing it myself.

Holy cow. It's been a while since I've visited the ol' turbobuick.com. I haven't touched the Buick since the last time I posted. We've just been so damn busy at the shop...busy enough we've brought on two more guys since Christmas, expanded into the back area which was previously used as storage for cars, and we're adding onto the main building. With the additional help, space, and the good weather to follow I should be able to get some work done on the car. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a P-Ayr mock up blocks to make things easier.
I'm on spring break this week and weather is supposed to be in the high 60's, sunny, and we've got an extra hour of daylight now so I intend to get something accomplished even if it's just getting the interior out. I'll try and stay more active in the near future.

Yeah the weather is suppose to be nice. Weird because its a snow day in between and then back to the nice weather. Gotta love St. Louis.

Yeah the weather is suppose to be nice. Weird because its a snow day in between and then back to the nice weather. Gotta love St. Louis.

Yep...silly midwest. But Wednesday wasn't so bad afterall.

Another week down and I got nothing done. There's always the weekend. Saw a good deal come up on a badass Fluidyne radiator on Ls1tech so I went ahead and got it for the GNat. I was getting bored of the project again since I haven't touched it so I figured I would just buy a part to keep me motivated.

1966799_2582986056444_1349098493_n.jpg

1531691_2582985856439_888255860_n.jpg

Is it big enough? Sorry for the poor quality on the second picture. I didn't realize how bad it was when I took it.