Dave Bamford's 4.8 LSX Conversion

Dave, did you guys get a chance to go to the tracking yet?
I'm back working on mine in-between house projects and working on everyone else's stuff.

No trips to the track yet. I'm a bit burned out after this supra project. I started the car last weekend, smelled the e85 to get my juices flowing again. I should be installing the PTC converter next week!
Great to see you are back at yours!

Sounds good! A friends LS project (6.0 stock crank, forged pistons and rods, unported 317's, 88 and an aftermarket cam) did 960hp at the wheels on e85 and low boost. They had what they thought was a bad coil and stopped turning it up. Ended up being a loose wire on a Holley coil. They only pulled it to 6800 rpm too. Bare bones engine in my opinion to be making 1k horsepower.

Sounds good! A friends LS project (6.0 stock crank, forged pistons and rods, unported 317's, 88 and an aftermarket cam) did 960hp at the wheels on e85 and low boost. They had what they thought was a bad coil and stopped turning it up. Ended up being a loose wire on a Holley coil. They only pulled it to 6800 rpm too. Bare bones engine in my opinion to be making 1k horsepower.

I just picked up a 6.0 with 317s on it.. I like that alot!!! Once my 109 gives up.. Thats the plan.

That's what I'm talking about!

My brother just recieved a set of 6 bolt LS Trick Flo 235s. $2800 CNC ported, springs and valves. That's almost half of price of the job he recieved from DLS engine development on a stock set of heads gasket port matched. Live and learn....I guess

Good price! There is a big name machine shop up the street, BES (bischoff engine service) who sells brand new castings of a stock head (forger which one) and are cnc ported with ss valves. They are under a grand too.

That dyno mentioned above has been used by us for years. Back in the day, my old car did 595 at the wheels and went 10.1 an hour later. His car weighs the same but did almost 400 more HP. He is cling to the track tonight with it.

Was the turbo a t4 or a t6?

Thanks
Dennis

I love LSx's and Buicks, your build is awesome. What the hell is up with a couple of you guys . . . did you guys date or something? lol

Dynoned the car tonight with the new PTC picked up 50 rwhp at the same boost level as the Neil Chance converter, the PTC is also taking what we throw at it unlike the other one.

Should be out on Woodward tomorrow night.