Cottons Comp Cam roller cam kits

BS thread.

First, why would pushrods come with a cam kit? How the heck would you know what size pushrods you need before measuring? Anyway...

Jack has always treated me well and gave me the best deal possible. If it's not right, Jack will fix it till it is!

Please, remain strong and continue to be a TB vendor Jack. Remember, cars bring out the worst in people.

Unbelievable...:rolleyes: Thread starts off with a cam recommendation from a respected vendor....then turns personal....:rolleyes:

Some "close-knit" community....:rolleyes:

I've ordered parts from Jack in the past, and he even tried to tune my car at E-town one day (silver t-type no front end ;)), and I cant say enough about the guy. Great personality and a good guy. I'm sorry to see that your leaving Jack, but there comes a time when you have to say enoughs enough. Good luck

Well Said Jack

I don't understand why a few people don't understand that not everyone wants a full out race car. How many miles do you think to TSO guys drive their cars to work each year? I am glad you do Jack. I have always enjoyed the conversations we have had.
That's not to say the roller cam Jack sells won't make good power, and it probably won't send the timing gears out the front of the motor after 50 miles.:frown:
Everyone has thier nitch, and Jack knows the 11sec. street driven car like no one else. Thanks Jack

Everyone has thier nitch, and Jack knows the 11sec. street driven car like no one else. Thanks Jack

Give me your car and a few grand and I'll make it run mid 11s without opening your motor ;)

Ill agree on any normal driven street Buick the comp cams rollers from any vendor will work great.
I personally like the 212-212.but with a small change from what the kit comes with.

no doubt

Otto, I have no doubt your very talented. I have heard nothing but good things about your abilities with these cars. I was paying Jack a well deserved compliment and a gentleman would leave it at that.

Otto, I have no doubt your very talented. I have heard nothing but good things about your abilities with these cars. I was paying Jack a well deserved compliment and a gentleman would leave it at that.
Thanks,you may have took it the wrong way.I have no doubt in Jack's talent to build an 11 sec car,the way your post read it "appears" no one else knows an 11 sec build like he does.

Shane I thought Vendor Bashing wasn’t going to be tolerated around here anymore?

I also find it funny people can still come on here and directly attack a supporting vendor... but if you so much as mention a non supporting vendor its "free advertising..."????

I'll try to make this brief, as I do have a life and a business to go to today.. :smile: Once again, here I am feeling like I have to defend myself from the likes of Ted A, who after all these years still finds it necessary to follow me around this board and attack me, my business, my product and anything else he can do to hurt me. I guess it's ok, to allow this kind of unnecessary behavior here, it is a way of life for some.

Here is a thread about the price of cams, yet Ted finds it necessary to plug invalid performance numbers from a completely different situation. Brian said it well, it takes a lot more than the cam to produce performance. Are we talking about a cam that "sets records" here or not. What does Mitch's combo have to do with Tony Gomes running a 7 in a TSO trim car? Nothing, not a dam thing. What does me supplying a customer with a cam for a street car, have to do with whether my cam is an RPE grind cam for a 7 second car? Nothing again. Do ya want RPE's number to call for a cam grind.... here ya go 860-953-1342... call him.. ask for Bobby.

We build street cars at my shop, that is my focus. Do we race, absolutely... when we can. Do we deal with "fast" cars, for sure, always have. Because my focus is not on TSO, TSM, or whatever someone elses fancy may be.... does not make our product any less for Mitch or anyone else. On the contrary, we sell what we have found to be the best product for our customer for his application. Based on our actual use under the driving conditions requested. Pretty simple formulas.

Changing your screeen name here Ted, (S2V6RACER) not made a differance in your BS posts here, still the same old TED, talkin the same old BS... helping no one in this thread..... it's sad. My lack of participation here is directly based on the few guys like you that find it necessary to dog me on this board. So once again, I will go back to my own Bulletin Board where this kind of negative behavior is not tolerated. After Christmas, my banner will no longer run here. Hope you are happy now. Supporting the Buick community has always been formost in my way of doing business. Sorry Shane and Jay and all the rest of the good members here, but I can not justify coming to this board any longer as an advertiser with this kind of behavior being tolerated by the same few guys for more years than I care to think about. Our Christmas specials and future info will be posted there.

Preach it brother!!!
It is sad that this continues to be a problem here.

Jack has treated me like family since the first time we spoke. Almost every upgraded part on my car came from Cottons Performance. I was not new to performance cars but was a newbie to the Turbo Buicks. I was never talked down too for not knowing what worked together. He was very patient and informative. I have had his cell number for some time but prior to that I never had a problem getting to talk to him when I called the shop. He has called several times just BS'ing about baseball or football, not to try to sell me something. If you are looking for a vendor that actually gives a sh!t about how your car runs, you could do far worse than to call Jack Cotton.

Sorry to see you do this as I do not feel it is a wise business decision but I don't blame you. I support your decision and will continue to support Cottons Performance. Your link will stay in my signature until I am forced to remove it.

Bryan

Let me jump in with a few cents...

I priced the kits out when I was in need of a cam, and knew that roller was the only way to go when replacing. I found that Jacks price was a few dollars at most more, and felt that he was able to offer more than just parts. I am referring to experience and to share his knowledge over phone support if needed. Yes, Jacks kits do not come with push rods, as he needs to kit them to the combination of each motor. But his kits do include a roller timing chain set. Jack is a more than fair person, that you will never go wrong with in dealing with him.

Jack, I thank you for helping me with my parts needed to get my car running, and the advice given.

It is a downright shame that the jerkoffs out there want to change names to not be seen who they are and bash people around. It reminds me of why there was a good ole whoopin put on someone some 2 years ago at a Buick event, becouse they like to be keyboard black belts, but are crybabies when confronted in person.

I only have one more thing to say, and maybe I am not the one to say it, as I do not run TSM... But, What good is it to have a TSM car, if you do not run the circuit and races?

Mike

As far as loosing vendors goes I think it absolutely rediculous that a Vendor would choose to pull his advertising because some comments were made. Were they appropriate? Probably not, but Jack Cotton runs a business, not a social forum.

Why would he give a chit what (1) or (10) people said about him? I can think of (20) others that give him nothing but praise. Those who support him do it religiously. There are new members joining all the time. Pulling your advertising Jack hurts no one but YOU. I think your skin needs to be a little thicker. Granted, this is not Yellow Bullet but when you allow someone to get a rise out of you to the point that you want to remove your advertising I think that is a poor business decision. Jack I would be willing to bet your website gets as many clicks as any other. And im sure it would get many more if you took the time to post your expertise a little more often. But you run a business and that's your decision if you don't want to contribute but this is where most of your new customers are going to come from.

your a douche bag!

just my opinion.

Nick,

I couldnt agree more, Ted it really makes you look like a 3rd grader going at Jack in every thread. Grow a pair and move on.............

I am sure Dan at DLS is awesome, but you need to lose your pom poms and cheerleader outfit..... nut hugging team Bamford is getting you no respect.

Jack Cotton runs a business, not a social forum.

This community is very social for Jack. He loves people, and cares as much about them as he does Buicks.

Why would he give a chit what (1) or (10) people said about him?

New Buick owners that come to this or any other forum, listen, read, and absorb as much material as possible, not knowing what info is good or bad. What is stated in these threads could very well have a lasting affect on someones business, and I believe Ted knows this. Jack has every right to defend his business and reputation, whether it be for 1 comment or 10 comments.

Shane I thought Vendor Bashing wasn’t going to be tolerated around here anymore?

I also find it funny people can still come on here and directly attack a supporting vendor... but if you so much as mention a non supporting vendor its "free advertising..."????

Vendor Bashing not tolerated? Have you seen the feedback section lately:eek: We try to keep things civil, that is the main goal... We have said NUMEROUS TIMES WE DO NOT PROTECT VENDORS...

If you are referring to what I think you are referring to, that was done after NUMEROUS and I mean NUMEROUS warnings and pleadings to let that dead horse stay dead...

Far as the "free advertising" thing, I had a few vendors send me a link to that thread and didn't like it... What was I supposed to do make it a sticky:confused:

As I told Jack, I personally think this kind of BS sends him more business. You see the former customers coming out to support him right? They might think they are hurting him but they are not in the long run...

Also when they throw in other companies names the other company owners do not like it as they know it makes them look bad:eek: ASK ME HOW I KNOW:cool:

Sorry to see jack leave this site also , Jack , Brian and crew did a great job on our stage 2 car. If and when i need parts or have any questions they will always be the first place i call. Thanks again to cottons performance for finishing our project.

I am sure Dan at DLS is awesome, but you need to lose your pom poms and cheerleader outfit..... nut hugging team Bamford is getting you no respect.[/QUOTE]

Were do you get off ASSUMING that I had anything to do with Ted's state-
ment. As far as I'm concerned it makes you look just as big a douche! I have
no control over what other people say or do anymore than you . People
like you are why I pulled my add. I have plenty of satisfied customers who
don't or won't come on this board for any reason , they have more important
things to do than to sit on a computer all day .

I am sure Dan at DLS is awesome, but you need to lose your pom poms and cheerleader outfit..... nut hugging team Bamford is getting you no respect.

Were do you get off ASSUMING that I had anything to do with Ted's state-
meant. As far as I'm concerned it makes you look just as big a douche! I have
no control over what other people say or do anymore than you . People
like you are why I pulled my add. I have plenty of satisfied customers who
don't or won't come on this board for any reason , they have more important
things to do than to sit on a computer all day .[/QUOTE]

Dan, I am sure Ty was not directing his comment towards you... It is pretty obvious it was solely directed at Ted...

Ty contributes to the community...