Cottons Comp Cam roller cam kits

Dan, Shane is 100% spot on. I should have left your name completely out of my post.

I was speaking for many "small guys" out here that get so tired of reading Ted's every reply bashing anyone and everyone that doesn't think like he does....

I dont care if it is Intercoolers, Cams, Engine Builders, or Plumbing a damn toilet.....

Everyone has opinions on who and what they like. Does that mean we should let a board member that thinks he is the 2nd coming of end all to the Buick world bash what all the "little guys" think.. Hell No.

To each his own, hell Ted may be the best at what he does, but that does not give him the right to kick everybody else in the nuts....

Oh and Ted... before you come on here and say.. What do you know about racing JDGN... you know what cars I love... low mile beauties and you like to race, so be it.

This isnt even about racing, this is about being a respectful human being to other members.

Now I am off to work a trade show all day, so as Mike Bamford alwasy says-- Let the feeding frnzy begin, I have big enough shoulders to take it.

See ya tonight:cool:

Well let's try to save what little is left of this thread. I have sold lots of cam kits I would venture to say as many or more than most through the years. Jack has an excellent kit, he leaves out the the pushrods but I believe he gives you a timing chain. We include the pushrods and give our customers the option of getting the correct size for thier application that we will ship later if they like. We sell the measuring tool and will be happy to help you figure out what you need. We do not include a timing set, too many options and sizes. We give you a choice of Morel or Comp lifters. Jack has Comp grinds, I have some custom grinds that I like (as it was stated earlier Jason White went very fast with one of our grinds but it was a custom austemper unit). Dan has some very nice kits as well. I do not know exactly what he includes but I am sure if you call him he will tell you. I believe most of his grinds are also custom. There is folks who have gone fast with ALL THREE. it is about combo and tuning far more than one individual part. Give a Buick vendor a chance at your business. I doubt you can buy a kit cheaper or better from someone else.

Open comment to Jack, I am sorry to see it has come to this but I totally get it. You have guys going after you, I have a group going after me, I feel much the way you do. I am not going anywhere yet but I totally understand your position and choice to do so. Sad day for the community, hopefully you may reconsider.

Mike Licht

Shane is this the feedback forum? or is it engine tech?...... Feedback about vendors should be in the feedback forum......

Guess feedback doesnt belong in the feedback section anymore?

I have utmost respect for Jack & his prices & support are in line with anyone else I have delt with.

When I order a roller, I know Jack will treat me right.

This community is very social for Jack. He loves people, and cares as much about them as he does Buicks.

New Buick owners that come to this or any other forum, listen, read, and absorb as much material as possible, not knowing what info is good or bad. What is stated in these threads could very well have a lasting affect on someones business, and I believe Ted knows this. Jack has every right to defend his business and reputation, whether it be for 1 comment or 10 comments.
Exactly why it makes no sense as a BUSINESS owner to let a heckler dictate your ability to earn and advertise your BUSINESS.

In defense for Ted, he's not some bozo that doesn't know what he's talking about when it comes to v6 Buicks. Ted may not work on cars for a living, but for a casual hot rodder he knows his sh!t. Believe me his tuning knowledge is at a vendor level.
Ted street tuned my 9 sec street car in a couple of evenings on the street this summer. The reason my brother has one of the fastest TSM cars is because of Teds tuning, on the BS3. Ted has one of the fastest buick v6's on this board, and he pretty much did it on his own.
From what I've figured out about this board is, you have to listen to the guys that have gone fast with these cars. Because in reality, it comes down to "what have you done", and Ted has done it, and is still doing it.
People shouldn't blast Ted for his post in this thread, what he said really wasn't that big of a deal. I take it as, a buick guy that knows his stuff, giving sound opinion and advice to fellow board members.

I like Ted and he has been out of his way before to help me... I don't think anyone was questioning his Buick skills...

The problem is that for at least what 4-5 years now a group has given Jack a hard time in just about every thread where his name is brought up or a cheap shot could be taken...

Ted and Otto were at war for a while over something and I will be damned if Jack's name didn't get slung into that one just because he sold a freaking fast box...

Bottom line is why not let dead dogs lie... Jack doesn't go around chasing anyone posts...

Now this BS is costing the board money and respect... Dan left, he says he doesn't need the board advertising. I believe him and respect that, Dan has always been 100% straight with me... He wanted out though, didn't want the exposure, so why do people feel the need to keep doing it for him? I would be willing to bet he rather his name have never came up in this damned thread...

A man asked a simple question about a COTTON's CAM and look what happened.... If this would have been a thread about a couple of other vendors products I am sure this BS would have never happened...

This trainwreck of a thread is not my fault, Cottons fault, or the OP's fault... It was took off course on purpose for personal reasons... Lay the blame where the blame is due!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In defense for Ted, he's not some bozo that doesn't know what he's talking about when it comes to v6 Buicks. Ted may not work on cars for a living, but for a casual hot rodder he knows his sh!t. Believe me his tuning knowledge is at a vendor level.
Ted street tuned my 9 sec street car in a couple of evenings on the street this summer. The reason my brother has one of the fastest TSM cars is because of Teds tuning, on the BS3. Ted has one of the fastest buick v6's on this board, and he pretty much did it on his own.
From what I've figured out about this board is, you have to listen to the guys that have gone fast with these cars. Because in reality, it comes down to "what have you done", and Ted has done it, and is still doing it.
People shouldn't blast Ted for his post in this thread, what he said really wasn't that big of a deal. I take it as, a buick guy that knows his stuff, giving sound opinion and advice to fellow board members.
Why would you defend him? His post is what turned this thread into a pile of chit. This is a tech thread about cam grinds Cotton sells. How does your post relate to that? Go start a thread in the feedback section related to your post in the feedback section.

Hey ted why you always posting sh##t about jack ! if you dont like jack that ok... but dont f##ck with his BUSINESS!! THAT WHY HE DOESNT POST ANY MORE BECUASE A$$HOLE LIKE YOU!!!:mad:BE A MAN GET A LIFE!!GET OVER THAT DEAL YOU AND HIM WERE HAVING 4YEAR AGO OK IT DIDNT WORK OUT !!OH I FORGOT ITS ALL ABOUT (TED):mad::mad:YOUR A DOUCHE BAG!!:mad::mad:

I'll try to make this brief, as I do have a life and a business to go to today.. :smile: Once again, here I am feeling like I have to defend myself from the likes of Ted A, who after all these years still finds it necessary to follow me around this board and attack me, my business, my product and anything else he can do to hurt me. I guess it's ok, to allow this kind of unnecessary behavior here, it is a way of life for some.

Here is a thread about the price of cams, yet Ted finds it necessary to plug invalid performance numbers from a completely different situation. Brian said it well, it takes a lot more than the cam to produce performance. Are we talking about a cam that "sets records" here or not. What does Mitch's combo have to do with Tony Gomes running a 7 in a TSO trim car? Nothing, not a dam thing. What does me supplying a customer with a cam for a street car, have to do with whether my cam is an RPE grind cam for a 7 second car? Nothing again. Do ya want RPE's number to call for a cam grind.... here ya go 860-953-1342... call him.. ask for Bobby.

We build street cars at my shop, that is my focus. Do we race, absolutely... when we can. Do we deal with "fast" cars, for sure, always have. Because my focus is not on TSO, TSM, or whatever someone elses fancy may be.... does not make our product any less for Mitch or anyone else. On the contrary, we sell what we have found to be the best product for our customer for his application. Based on our actual use under the driving conditions requested. Pretty simple formulas.

Changing your screeen name here Ted, (S2V6RACER) not made a differance in your BS posts here, still the same old TED, talkin the same old BS... helping no one in this thread..... it's sad. My lack of participation here is directly based on the few guys like you that find it necessary to dog me on this board. So once again, I will go back to my own Bulletin Board where this kind of negative behavior is not tolerated. After Christmas, my banner will no longer run here. Hope you are happy now. Supporting the Buick community has always been formost in my way of doing business. Sorry Shane and Jay and all the rest of the good members here, but I can not justify coming to this board any longer as an advertiser with this kind of behavior being tolerated by the same few guys for more years than I care to think about. Our Christmas specials and future info will be posted there.

Jack, Sorry to see you go. Hope you decided to stay around and don't let someones words get you upset. Ted what was your point of making such a statement publicly when you could have sent him a PM?? You OBVIOUSLY chose to say it. Are you trying to look like Billy Badass or something?? I mean no disrespect to you or anyone just trying to understand the purpose of your statement. If you have a problem with Jack why not call him on the phone, figure out what went wrong and try to solve any issues. This makes you look like a Bully. Brett you are right in this one too.

More like a fact....:)

You also took a jab there chief... What was your reason for taking a shot at Jack??

Exactly why it makes no sense as a BUSINESS owner to let a heckler dictate your ability to earn and advertise your BUSINESS.

SO you are the Heckler too right??

Posting only to mention that I bought my cpt66bb Turbo from jack based on being recommended to him from this board. After speaking to him he went out of his way to help me in choosing turbos and he was a pleasure to deal with.

When people like Ted do these things (I have never met him or spoke to him) it's because they crave attention be it good or bad but they get their wanted attention like this example. If people just ignored him (or just block his posts completely so you never see them) then he wouldn't get this attention he chases. Every club has attention grabbers & they come in many forms. Just Ignore him & he will seek it somewhere else. Hopefully on another site somewhere.
Remember Broke1 the attention grabber, funny that since everyone ignored him he is never around anymore & when he does post it's with a dfferent attitude most times that I have noticed.
Just Ignore Him!!

Posting only to mention that I bought my cpt66bb Turbo from jack based on being recommended to him from this board. After speaking to him he went out of his way to help me in choosing turbos and he was a pleasure to deal with.

Thats what good vendors do :cool:. We here at Gbodyparts.com dont just take the orders, we ask what our customers expect out of there car, and THEN tell them what would work best. Theres no sense in spending endless amounts of cash to have your car run a little better than stock :rolleyes::frown:. Some places care about the money and thats it. I personally would'nt feel comfortable practicing business like that, I was a customer (until 3 months ago) at one point in my life and learned the hard way that not everyone has the same morals that I do. It doesnt matter who you choose to do business with as long as you feel you are not getting taken advantage of.