Coolest item ever on Ebay

Throttles on the compressor inlets......nice. Where are the blow off Val....err never mind.

I was just looking over the pictures a little closer and just realized, that's a SII motor.

So I wonder what would be needed to drop this in a GN? I would seriously consider dropping money on something like this, but if its only good for a paperweight, there is no point. I notice it says it has factory water/methanol injection. I would imagine a custom harness would be needed, and of course custom exhaust, but I wonder what else?

Oh yeah, and is this thing on-center or off-center?

The engine is very early in the Buick motorsports program. It would definitely be Offcenter. More than likely it will end up on display somewhere rather than being used. I wonder how it ended up in Manitou Springs Colorado?

Neal

The headers look like the TTix kit for a C5 Corvette, 4 bolt flange and real short shorty headers going up.

My father worked for the company that made alot of the items for that build. It was called "SVI". Specialized Vehicles inc. They worked with the indy car program and he even drove a GN with that group. I have been there many times, but I was too young to recall much of the stuff I saw.

The endiing price was just over 6K so someone got a real bargin if all it needs is a quick freshening.

So I wonder what would be needed to drop this in a GN? I would seriously consider dropping money on something like this, but if its only good for a paperweight, there is no point. I notice it says it has factory water/methanol injection. I would imagine a custom harness would be needed, and of course custom exhaust, but I wonder what else?
X2

That's some ass backwards logic. It was a no reserve auction and it brought $6k and obviously the buyer and seller didn't make a deal for whatever reason and now the opening bid is $11.5K. They probably saw the blown Stage II motor that has been for sale for over a year with the $12.5 "buy it now" and thought their motor is worth more. :rolleyes: It will sit and gather dust like is has been for the last 30 years.

Neal