Cooler intercooler

What is a non flamable solution of alky and water? 3 parts water and 1 part alky?

I checked out that brake cleaner and sprayed some on my hand. Oddly, it didn't make my hand cold. I know there is a brand of brake cleaner that is cold, but Im not sure what its called. Does anyone know what it is?

Thanks for your info

BOOSTD

Originally posted by gokada
Watering down your intercooler wouldn't make that much of difference because it would take alot of water to effectively remove the heat from your intercooler. For example, look at the flow specs of some of the pumps configured with intercoolers. They flow some gallons, and although it recirculates the water it has the whole intercooler immersed. It's soaking in water, so the temp is low already. It takes time for water to lower the temps and thats time you don't have raceing.

The water does make a difference, but only if there's sufficiant airflow. In other words, probably won't help that much for drag racing, but ralley or road racing is a different story.

Originally posted by BuickGn Boosted
So what were the dyno results?? How has the copper solder joints held up to the -75 degree temps? What size C02 tank are you using and how long does it last?

Yeah! like BuickGn Boosted said, What were the Dyno results??

Made about 75 horses more with the cooler on at the dyno. It was so cold that ice formed on the header panel fronting the radiator. That was cool!

brake clean, H2O, alky???

I think the brake clean deal is dependent on the propellant in the can... Just tried it on a piece of I/C tubing .. cooling effect lasted about 15 sec's. w/ a charge air temp of well over 100*, it would be of very little to zero value.. Anyone remember the water surround up pipe that was tried?? Didn't work either..
As for enclosing the IC and pumping H2O around it.. I think that may work for track use.
On the higher powered stage cars, I've seen start line inlet air temps of 35* and finishline at 75*. They also went thru a 10# bag of crushed ice!!!

My $.02 worth..

Back to working on something SIMPLE, My new HEMI!!

My understanding has been on our cars if you let the intercooler sit and cool down..you dont have that much an effect on a single run. Now running hot laps or sustained high speed.that is something else.

It takes a while for it to heat up..and it takes a while for it to cool down. The CO2 idea sounds slick and cheap. I'd be interested in spraying past the 1/8 mile mark.

Anyone have a link to more info pertaining to CO2? Pressures,etc???