Commitment List for Noble - October 16th 2010

Phil, I have word from David Newton that they are going to be able to get his son's GS repaired in time for the event. So, you should be able to add Geoff Newton to TX list. :cool:

Well I got my Grand National back up and running 2 days ago, I have the wastegate almost all the way open so it's really slow to spool but still makes like 15+psi and feels just nasty compared to how it has ever felt. I have a few little things to tweak and some tuning to do, but it looks like I'll be in it instead of the slow LS1.

:D:D:D:D:D

With a marriage,new job,getting a business started and wild year finally the car is done! Haven't been on the boards much but something told me to get online tonight. A 50/50 chance but my last run here was 11.40's 22lbs of boost 1.8 60ft. 122mph two months ago and she has been sleeping in the garage. So will know something by next week but it gonna be a close one.

Eric

Phil 4:13 I do all things through Christ that strenghten me.

Eric: Glad to see you surfaced. Sure hope you can get here; the Ford's will have a strong field and we want to win again this year.

Phil Engle

Phil, we have all three cars from omaha ready to go. Just got my car up and running-see video in the video section. It is running a couple tenths quicker in the 1/8th with a little more left in it.:D

See you in a couple weeks

John Plog

Phil, we have all three cars from omaha ready to go. Just got my car up and running-see video in the video section. It is running a couple tenths quicker in the 1/8th with a little more left in it.:D

See you in a couple weeks

John Plog

John: It'll be great to see you, Jim and Andrew again. Watched the videos and you really have your car running great. Looking forward to seeing you set a new personal best time and MPH.

Have a safe trip and we'll see you in a couple of weeks.

Phil Engle

Well I just punched a hole in the side of my block :rolleyes:

Looks like I'll be either watching or running a slow LS1...again. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

How'd that happen??? Seems like you always have some problems....

I do, I think this car is cursed.

I put a set of GN1 heads on it about a week or two ago. It was running lean so I adjusted the TT chip today and added 20% more fuel, had to adjust the valves because they were a tad on the light side, and went down the block to drive it. I got into it and it just ripped, then I heard a tap tap tap, which turned into a knock.

I jacked it up in the garage and sure enough I saw a wristpin looking at me.

Back to the drawing board.

I put a set of GN1 heads on it about a week or two ago. It was running lean so I adjusted the TT chip today and added 20% more fuel, had to adjust the valves because they were a tad on the light side, and went down the block to drive it. I got into it and it just ripped, then I heard a tap tap tap, which turned into a knock.

Wow....Post some pictures up when you get a chance in a thread.

Will: That sucks. Crushed a rod bearing a few years ago and missed Noble and I was sick about it.

Hope you bring the Firebird to Noble and have a good time. You may want to talk to some of the people at Noble and see if they can steer you in the right direction on where you are going and help you break the curse.

Phil Engle

Wow....Post some pictures up when you get a chance in a thread.

Will do. I can see the hole looking through the wheel well (with the front jacked up), it's pretty fantastic.

Will: That sucks. Crushed a rod bearing a few years ago and missed Noble and I was sick about it.

Hope you bring the Firebird to Noble and have a good time. You may want to talk to some of the people at Noble and see if they can steer you in the right direction on where you are going and help you break the curse.

Phil Engle

I'll bring the bird down and hit it with as much n20 as it can take, but it's still gonna be a high 12 car at best. Nowhere near what the Buick was capable of. I was so sick after I saw the hole I almost wanted to just come and watch this year, but there are just too many Fords to kill for me to give up like that.

I plan on rounding up Disco Stu and some of the other guys to try to figure out what it's gonna take to get this thing lined out. I am currently thinking I didn't have enough injector and it leaned out on me. Something big.

Anyway, I'll be there, just not gonna be running as fast as I had planned. Always next year!