Check out the video I was sent.

BOP4ever

Guy I know sent me this video he has a SRT 4 .
The GN with a 72 mm turbo got destroyed !

Those must be insanely fast cars in this video.

Check out this video on YouTube:

Jeff
Sent from my iPhone

No thoughts? I wonder if the GN was someone on here?
A 72 mm turbo is pretty big to get smoked like that .
Crap, those cars must have tons of $$ in them to run like that!

The GN lost to a GTR, not the neon. Our 25 year old, steel bodied, (when new) commuter car will never compare to a brand new super car. The only thing they have in common is a boosted V6, even then the GTR has twins.

oldsracer said:
The GN lost to a GTR, not the neon. Our 25 year old, steel bodied, (when new) commuter car will never compare to a brand new super car. The only thing they have in common is a boosted V6, even then the GTR has twins.

Theres an exception to every rule. I'd love to line up with one, he'd be in for a big surprise....

oldsracer said:

Id be more than happy to be able to just show up and line up with a car like that and straight line race. Id have to level the field and limit my turbo to a 62mm inducer or something. That TR was slow.

GTR-89,000 sticker price...You could pick up a Nice Grand National for 10-20k and have a 9 sec car for an extra 10-15k.

GTR-89,000 sticker price...You could pick up a Nice Grand National for 10-20k and have a 9 sec car for an extra 10-15k.
True, but the GTR does 10.9 stock, and then can go around a road course and still have some of the fastest times, then drive home and get 25-30 mpg. Im not saying you couldnt build a faster car but the GTR is superior to our cars overall.

True, but the GTR does 10.9 stock, and then can go around a road course and still have some of the fastest times, then drive home and get 25-30 mpg. Im not saying you couldnt build a faster car but the GTR is superior to our cars overall.
for 89k it better!!!! lol

I just refuse to hear people say these things, because you can't compare a new car to an old one without modifying the old one to be able to at least compete with it because technology is always changing. Putting aside the GN for one moment, let's compare The GT-R to the TTA, which is in fact apart of our cars. Twin turbo the TTA (and you can do this for peanuts if you know how to weld), set it up for road course (tons and tons of aftermarket to choose from), then dial it all in with XFI to squeeze the best mpg you can get. Could do all that for less than 25k, car included. Is the GT-R still superior in your eyes...?