Check out the video I was sent.

To the TTA? YES. It won't ride like a buckboard and rattle like a bucket of bones. Now compare it to a ZO6 and I will say no.

This is why I mentioned road course/aftermarket upgrades in that post, there are kits out there that are so tight it will make any 3rd gen corner like it is on rails, with essentially no rattling and squeaking whatsoever. The stock uni-body is flimsy, and flexes all over the place, and it needs to be upgraded, and these upgrades are extremely affordable. You think 3rd gens can't be made to out handle a ZO6 lol? What was released to the public back in the day was never intended to handle that great, but to think they can't is ludicrous. People have very short memories in respect to our autocross racing heritage, they really do, and the kits that are out today make yesterdays seem inferior, and yesterday's kits were incredible back in the day...

Mid-Ohio-1983-07-17-001.jpg

I fell out at 3:00 min on great race video,the last Car comming through the line...LOL..was in my faverits

I just refuse to hear people say these things, because you can't compare a new car to an old one without modifying the old one to be able to at least compete with it because technology is always changing. Putting aside the GN for one moment, let's compare The GT-R to the TTA, which is in fact apart of our cars. Twin turbo the TTA (and you can do this for peanuts if you know how to weld), set it up for road course (tons and tons of aftermarket to choose from), then dial it all in with XFI to squeeze the best mpg you can get. Could do all that for less than 25k, car included. Is the GT-R still superior in your eyes...?

I know they are not comparable and thats what I said earlier. They arent comparable in anyway. The GTR is on average about 9 times more expensive, but is considered a supercar. Jeremy Clarkson from top gear said it best. No matter how much money you dump into a car, it wont be a supercar. Its not all about performance. Modern supercars not only are fast, but are functional, comfortable, and do haul ass all at the same time. The shear design of of cars lack modern aerodynamics and design features that modern cars today have. For example, the first thing people do to our cars is typically exhaust and cold air intake. The GTR already has a 3 or 4 inch full exhaust and their havent been any cold air intake kits that have proven to be better then the stock set-up. This is like comparing apples to house's, the only thing in common is that they exist :)

We are talking a stock GTR to a stock TTA. GTR will run circles around the TTA. It will stop faster, it will handle better, it will be put together better, it will have better seats, it will have better interior finish, it will have a better sound system. The list goes on an on. These are facts. Just b/c these are facts doesn't mean I don't like the TTA. It's just the way it is. The TTA cost about 35k new. In todays dollars that's not that far off the cost of a GTR. Yes you can modify the 3rd gens but you can also modify the GTR. What's the point?

Come on guys, when we're talking stock there is obviously no comparison whatsoever. How do we compare technology that is twenty years apart? It isn't feasible to compare a new and stock GTR to an old and stock TTA. If you really want to compare a production car that is stock for stock, if you really want to compare a GTR with twenty year old technology, then compare the GTR with the '88 Corvette Sledgehammer a la Callaway Corvette, which was in fact a production car. You think the GTR is even in the same league with this twenty four year old car...?

So you are admitting a stock GTR is be better car than a stock TB or TTA? What's it mean? Nothing. You can throw money at any vehicle to modify it so it will perform better, equalling or bettering current high performance cars. It's all the owner's choice, money is is only factor. If you love it and want to spend money on it more power to you. I know my T is not in the same league with many new cars but I still like it. If I lose to one then so what? I see all the "muscle" cars of the 60s and 70s that are nowhere near as fast as my car is. Doesnt' make those cars any less cool.

For starters, your reading my posts, but not understanding the meaning behind them. What is so special about the GTR, seriously, what? It is a twin turbo AWD vehicle that is RWD until it realizes a certain amount of torque loss then the AWD kicks in, making a substantial amount of horsepower easier to put to the pavement. And? The car still burns lots of gas like every other car out there to accomplish high horsepower, it's not magic. Wow, paddle shifters copied from the Lambo's. Wow, turbo AWD copied from Syclone's and Typhoon's. Big woop. The interior is okay, I actually prefer a more fighter jet approach like the C6. For that kind of money the GTR better sing and dance as well, but it does not make the car unique, why would it? Nissan bought a window of opportunity, while other automakers are waiting their turn. Do you think a C7 AWD ZR1 from GM wouldn't annihilate the GTR? Of course it would, but for whatever reason they won't, or can't. design one. The whole point is this, the GTR, while an excellent platform, isn't the fastest thing out there from a "stock" perspective, and when you get into modifications, that Polly Trans Am above would rape the shit out of it. If you like the GTR, well, then that is your thing, but it isn't unbeatable, nor is it anything special... only to computer/youtube racers who daydream of owning one, perhaps it may very well be.

Well in post 20 I did say the ZO6 was a better car (which I believe for the money) but maybe it's not as fast. The ZR1 if I'm not mistaken is faster and handles better but is more money than the GTR. I've sat in both GTR and a new C6. I do like the modern feel of the GTR. I'm partial to Nissans, I've owned them for years. I'm partial to GMs since I've owned them for years too. I found the C6 very comfortable for me. I wish had the money for either (or both). Is the C7 AWD ZR1 in production?

I like the GTRs. In fact, I'll get one in the next year or two, hopefully. But, I did destroy a 700hp, nicely modded, GTR just two months ago with my TTA.

Here's a video of one that was heavily modded at the time, new out of the box in 2008, that just couldn't keep up with the old 109 block!

Here's a video of one that was heavily modded at the time, new out of the box in 2008, that just couldn't keep up with the old 109 block!

HAHAHAHAHA they zoomed in to hide that their $90K car got beat by an 80's street car...If thats your car, that thing sounds mean