Cadillac confirms 420-hp twin-turbo V6 for 2014 CTS

Direct Injection = no aftermarket support. It'll fade soon after release as the Ford's Ecoboost.

Seems to be the most popular unpopular response on this thread. Nuts you are nuts!

I have a 2008 Sky Redline 2.0 DI Turbo, with nothing but a tune the car goes 13.30's in the 1/4. With driver weight is 3300. And lot's of aftermarket stuff available but it's the wife's car so gota keep it stock other than the tune of course.

would have been nice if they had done dual overhead cams and 4 bolt mains on the GN's from the very beginning, oh lord, just imagine the power and potential if that had been the case. :)

I saw this engine in person a couple months ago. It's pretty cool. The turbos are mounted directly to the heads without any manifolds. The entire engine is very compact.

I saw this engine in person a couple months ago. It's pretty cool. The turbos are mounted directly to the heads without any manifolds. The entire engine is very compact.

I hope you are working on a Hartline tune already!

Seems to be the most popular unpopular response on this thread. Nuts you are nuts!

I have a 2008 Sky Redline 2.0 DI Turbo, with nothing but a tune the car goes 13.30's in the 1/4. With driver weight is 3300. And lot's of aftermarket stuff available but it's the wife's car so gota keep it stock other than the tune of course.
Did you go ricer on us David?:p

Did you go ricer on us David?:p

No rice here... just a fast little Saturn! I'm taking it to the TX Motorplex this coming Sunday.

Now back to the thread at hand... So a 2014 or 2015 Buick GN 3.6TT how much? 50K?

I wonder how that equals 17K for a GN in 86/87?

would have been nice if they had done dual overhead cams and 4 bolt mains on the GN's from the very beginning, oh lord, just imagine the power and potential if that had been the case. :)

4-bolt mains, I'll agree with you.

Having owned and done extensive repair work on a BMW with a DOHC V8, I must say I much prefer the single-cam pushrod model. With twin-cam on a V6 or a V8, you have 4x as much stuff that can either break, or that you have to remove to get into the engine.

But then again, if/when this engine shows up in a Buick and I go buy one, I won't be working on it myself, so it won't matter except to my wallet.

The direct injection is here to stay. Look at diesel engines. I have seen di numbers over a 100,000 psi in benz diesel engines.Why do you think they are so quiet? They are atomizing diesel fuel. the norm is 3-20,000 psi. Thats a lot different than 45 psi. I think its funny how they are getting rid of Intake and exhaust manifolds . They are incorporating the two in to the head. Engine devolopment is way beyond anything I would have believed 20 years ago. Remember when the Zr1 came out in 90 and everyone was like ,Wow look at that. I had a 6.7 ford in the other day holy cow, they reversed the heads. The exhaust is in the valley and the intake side of the head is were the exhaust used to be.Whats next? People will be bolting the new Buick Gn engine in our cars in no time. Look at the new Lt1.Gm says those heads will bolt on to any ls1 block. Sh!t, I got into working on trucks because the eletronics in cars was getting to crazy. Start scanning a new freightliner and look at the data pids. There is more info than you can imagine. Crankcase pressure sensor? That would be nice in a gn.lol. Technology is here to stay and its going to get better so enjoy it

The main limitation to the Ecoboost motors is fueling. There are bigger DI's out there, however the mechanical high pressure pump cannot handle the flow. So now we need someone to come up with an aftermarket high pressure pump and the sky is the limit with these cars. I have a friend with a Flex who runs mid 12's with a tune, intake, exhaust cutout, and small shot of nitrous. There are plenty of EB owners running mid 12's on pump gas and alky with nothing else but a tune. Get some more fuel and bigger turbos and you're looking at 11's no problem. My friend is working on that too.

Somebody understood what I meant! 12.7 secs 1/4 miles is not an eyebrow raising performance in my book. It sucks nowdays. If your best is 12.7 ets you better stay home on a Saturday night where I'm from. Jeez! Relax a little, it's a forum & opinions are like bellybuttons...everyone has one.

Somebody understood what I meant! 12.7 secs 1/4 miles is not an eyebrow raising performance in my book. It sucks nowdays. If your best is 12.7 ets you better stay home on a Saturday night where I'm from. Jeez! Relax a little, it's a forum & opinions are like bellybuttons...everyone has one.

You sir are wrong...I do not have a belly button...

Wait yes I do...NVM o_O

I agree with you to a point. We are talking about a 5000lb SUV that runs in the 12's. How long ago would you have thought that was impossible to do without a lot of nitrous or bigblock transplant maybe? I see bone stock big trucks and SUV's in the 14's nowadays, that was muscle car times back in the day. While 12.7 might not be impressive in a TR or a LS car it is in a Ford Flex!