Building 1000 hp gn need some help

I'll be surprised if you and your bench racing family attain half your goal.

Put down the modelling glue...

Hahahaha.

But on a real note the reason you were met with this hostility is due to what most have said. An insane goal with little to no info.

1000hp is a BIG accomplishment! And starting from scratch it is a crazy expensive one.:eek:

I have owned 4 regals and only 1 would have made 1000....but I cheated and used a TT SBC....and by used I mean purchased already finished :p Since $20-$30 grand is much better than the $80 grand someone dumped into it..Then I used my butt dyno and came to the conclusion I would die on the street with it and sold it for a boat :cool:

However if this post wasnt a troll I strongly suggest talking to a few of the gentlemen mentioned and a few gurus that have posted in this thread that have already accomplished such a feat. Getting someone's trial and error build info will save you lots of money and headache!!!

These are do it yourself prices. show me where to buy a trans. that will hold 1000hp for $2500 and engine for $15,000. I will take 2 of each for those prices.;)

Im in florida.ive already got a stroker kit from gn1(40 over). And I talked to one of theshops I got from hear and they told me about the iron heads being better for the street cause of cooler temp. I will look into the TA heads and block. Thanks
Do a lot more research b4 you spend one more dollar. You need to source a reputable builder and a block. if your looking for 1000hp reliably you won't be using any kits.

Ok...

Ive never built a buick engine just chevys but im trying. I understand that there are pros out there that have been doin this for years but they had to start somewhere and thats what im doin. I kno its not gonna b easy and its not gonna b cheap but I am willing to learn either way.

Now we're all on the same page. I believe most of us came out of the chevy building arena and some of us had to learn the hard way that the chevy clearancing on the bearings won't work on the buick. It usually results in a loss of oil pressure.:eek:
There is just too much to cover and that's why we always ask new people to read, read and read some more. If you decide to stay the course, you will soon under stand why.
Thanks and Welcome.:cool:

Im in florida.ive already got a stroker kit from gn1(40 over). And I talked to one of theshops I got from hear and they told me about the iron heads being better for the street cause of cooler temp. I will look into the TA heads and block. Thanks

you might want to send that back and get a billet crank and rods, but just the billet crank alone costs about as much as that whole stroker kit.

I'm pretty sure we are being trolled on this one! I know I've got a butt load of cash wrapped up in my Stage car. It's not like can just order stuff from Summit.

Everytime I look at my car, it ends up costing me $2K-$5k. :eek:

Me too i have way too much money tied up in my car...probably about $30,000

I'd go with a 3800 Series II or III if I were you. There are people running 8's using the stock block and crankshaft :eek::cool: Good luck getting a 109 block to survive that kind of power, even with a girdle!

Thanks so much for all the info and ive been reading and reading and reading. I will keep reading and asking questions till I get it right.sorry for being a d**k. So is that stroker kit no good? I found it from talking to people on here. And also someone said something about the clearances?explain(please) what u mean.

It's not that the kit isn't good it's that it will require more work and money in the end. Get Dan at DLS to price you one of his engines and it will give you a better idea of what's required to do a stroker.

1000 HP and you are asking about ported irons??? You need to call someone that knows and open that wallet WIDE.

That was exactly my first thought at well.

A 1000hp V6 isn't something you want your local Joe Blow machine shop working on, especially if it's an aluminum block. You'll be money ahead in the long run.

Yep

Funny that this was posted after what Dusty Bradford said. Read what I bolded in his post, and you will see how funny this is. The local shop you talked to, not only do they not need to be given money to build a 1k hp Buick, they don't need to be building well motors, they are completely wrong. Those are not the people you need working on something this hairy. If you think hiring a professional to do this build is expensive, it will be twice as much in the long run if you hire an amateur.

Most people you talk to don't even know what A real 1000 Hp is. It's easy to say you want A 1000 Hp but getting it not so easy. So you need to decide what really want to do with the Car. You say Street Car but you can't use 1000 Hp on the street. I have Customer come to the shop all the time wanting 1000Hp street Cars then I say ok let me take you down the road in my Car then there like holy $hit thats what I want right there Then I tell them well that's around 650Hp. see my point. Most guys don't know what 500 is much less 1000. So find some body thats got A fast Buick and go for A ride and then make you mind up so you not building A 1000Hp Car and really wanting A 500Hp Car.

Most people you talk to don't even know what A real 1000 Hp is. It's easy to say you want A 1000 Hp but getting it not so easy. So you need to decide what really want to do with the Car. You say Street Car but you can't use 1000 Hp on the street. I have Customer come to the shop all the time wanting 1000Hp street Cars then I say ok let me take you down the road in my Car then there like holy $hit thats what I want right there Then I tell them well that's around 650Hp. see my point. Most guys don't know what 500 is much less 1000. So find some body thats got A fast Buick and go for A ride and then make you mind up so you not building A 1000Hp Car and really wanting A 500Hp Car.

well said!!!

What he said. Most MEN scream like a school girl who just saw a spider the first time they get a ride in a 700+HP street car that works as designed. Better than a good chiropratic adjustment.;)
Building a true 1000 hp car needs SO much more than just power. I'd hate to read about how someone dropped a 1000 HP engine in their street car and was found wrapped around a tree somewhere.:frown: I'm not saying you don;t know how to drive, but the car shuould have a 25.5 chassis certification to be safe. Read this:NHRA Rules, Condensed Teh engine alone will cost in excess of $18,000 plus electronics, then chassis, then brakes, then trans, then parachute, fire suit, then medical cert., gloves, shoes, neck brace, wheels/tires, complete rear-end, (and Depends* for when you shat yourself.;):eek:) There is So much to consider when building BIG power. IF you are on a budget, then consider a Chevy LS platform to start with. It is ALOT easier to build 1000+hp with more cubes. In my opinion, a 1000 HP buick will not be fun to drive on the street, either. A 650 HP V6 will knock the socks off all but the few crazies out there. If you're shooting for the top, bring a HUGE bank account. Start with a budget of $75,000 and then buy a chassis. Look here: EXTREME PRO STOCK 932 CU. IN. 2140 HP RACING ENGINE - Sonny's Racing Engines :eek::eek: No replacement for displacement.

Some good advice here and some not so good... Reading up on engine builds and people's experiences is solid advice. If you've got a lot of money to burn, the engine builders mentioned above are all proven. If you do it yourself, you'll find little gremlins with these cars along the way that will test your patience. Are you building a street car or a race car? I'd definitely get a ride in a fast car to see how you like it. I currently have a stock bottom end with heads and typical bolt ons. My car is literally useless on the street unless I lower the boost. And who wants to do that? ;)