Building 1000 hp gn need some help

A friend of mine has a 850hp turbo mustang and another has a 650 nissan 240 with a 2jz swap. Ive been in a few fast cars before. But im thinking of setting the hp goal a little lower. After reading up on some things and talking to a few of u I dont think I need that much to hurt most of these cars out here feelings. and that 2,000 hp car is bad ass.

Good news.

Something to consider, is that a G-Body car put power to the ground better than most Imports ever will.

Good news.

Something to consider, is that a G-Body car put power to the ground better than most Imports ever will.

I put 1,000 hp in a car once.......:eek: It being a G Body didn't seem to help....:biggrin::biggrin: It was fun at parades, cruising...and looked cool.
Other than that pretty useless. About 4 gallons to the mile. The crank cost more than some budgets...

That was with the drag radials. MT ET Street Drag Radials on widened 15x10 GN wheels. :D

we run 28#s of boost on the street and track .. we don't make any changes.. ran both 275s and 325s with no problems . Now of course ya can't leave a stop light with 10#s of boost :p

A friend of mine has a 850hp turbo mustang and another has a 650 nissan 240 with a 2jz swap. Ive been in a few fast cars before. But im thinking of setting the hp goal a little lower. After reading up on some things and talking to a few of u I dont think I need that much to hurt most of these cars out here feelings. and that 2,000 hp car is bad ass.

700 would be a good goal and really keep the spending in check. You could use the rotating assembly and put it in a stock block. Chris Hogeland that posted above has built enough of those motors that he can do it in his sleep. His street car runs mid-high 9's and is more than enough to scare most people.

This car just made 988rwhp on e-85 @ 25lbs of boost on a Mustang dyno...just short of your goal:cool: - http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/tu...-getting-stage-2-tta-together-few-pics-3.html

Its has a full Buick stage2 engine (BMS crank/rods, and Diamond pistons), DFI computer, big hydraulic roller cam, Aeromotive Pro Series pump, 160lb injectors, built 12bolt rear, built trans (and I still don't think it will live) and no roll cage:eek:

There is a lot of money wrapped up in this car to make this power and to keep it from breaking other parts because of the power.

Save yourself the headache and buy this for $45k:wink:

This car just made 988rwhp on e-85 @ 25lbs of boost on a Mustang dyno...just short of your goal:cool: - http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/tu...-getting-stage-2-tta-together-few-pics-3.html

Its has a full Buick stage2 engine (BMS crank/rods, and Diamond pistons), DFI computer, big hydraulic roller cam, Aeromotive Pro Series pump, 160lb injectors, built 12bolt rear, built trans (and I still don't think it will live) and no roll cage:eek:

There is a lot of money wrapped up in this car to make this power and to keep it from breaking other parts because of the power.

Save yourself the headache and buy this for $45k:wink:

:)Your selling it?

Im in florida.ive already got a stroker kit from gn1(40 over). And I talked to one of theshops I got from hear and they told me about the iron heads being better for the street cause of cooler temp. I will look into the TA heads and block. Thanks

Since your in florida probably the closest person to you that can help you and point you in the right direction would be cal from hartline performance in melbourne,fl..If your looking to go v-6 or v-8 turbo he can help you out..
There are many others too out of state that can help you,just do a search on the board for venders and members who are running at that horsepower level and they can help you..hth

X2 ^, talking in person to a well respected GN vendor will really help you out. Building that relationship will also make your life easier if you need help ASAP.

Forgot about this thread but since you're a Chevy guy that likes the GN look and want big power, I hate to say this, but a twin turbo LSX can do what you're looking for with $$ left over for the other parts to put it to the ground.
Just a realistic option if the 1000hp and doing it on some type of budget, laugh, is in play.

I did talk to someone at hartline, they are the ones that said to use the iron champion heads that everyone on here told me not to use.

I did talk to someone at hartline, they are the ones that said to use the iron champion heads that everyone on here told me not to use.

Did you mention you wanted to build a 1000hp motor?

I can assure you no-one at Hartlines told you to use champion iron heads for a 1000hp motor. If they did it was because there was some confusion on what your trying to do.

Did you mention you wanted to build a 1000hp motor?

I can assure you no-one at Hartlines told you to use champion iron heads for a 1000hp motor. If they did it was because there was some confusion on what your trying to do.
^^^^^^^^^ What he said...You have some of the best in the buisness chiming in on this thread..Hartline has done v6 and v8 turbo in the 8s also had magazine coverage..Hes one of the few vendors that shows up at the buick event raffeling off hoods and bringing turbos and helping guys tune their cars (7sec) at the track you can take cals advice to the bank so dont take it lightly...